I have now saved up plenty of money but for months I still find it very hard to navigate in this jungle of guitar, I am not sure yet what to buy, all I know I want premium top quality guitar that makes me inspired to play and that sounds amazing with great sustain. I want a neckthrough guitar with good pick ups both for heavy dist and liquid clean guitar.

When it comes to pickups..color...shape I am not sure yet, I guess I am still trying to find that guitar that makes me get that "must have" feeling...

I would consider to buy a custom made guitar. Price is not a problem, I tend to have this guitar for the next 10 years. So no I am not intersted to buy a massproduced Ibanez guiatr or something like that, now I once for all want to spoil myself with a real premium guitar that is perfect.

The music I play is metal, ambient, mostly...but I really need to say even though I play metal , it is mixed with a lot of clean guitars also so that is certainly one very important aspect, that I get a good clean wide/deep tone with great sustain.

Yeah too much too choose from so I could really need some guidance, I do not want to buy the first best I find, and if I look around in music stores I find mostly massproduced stuff. All recommendations are very appreciated, thank you!
Last edited by MindDusk at Jan 2, 2012,
ok cool

Personally if there really is no limit, look in to snagging a Blackmachine B7.

Failing that, check out Daemoness guitars. They are both UK based, but both incredible.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
music man JP7? great for metal, good sustain, with the piezo pickup you get amazing acoustic like cleans. sounds like just the guitar for you

edit: didnt read precise enough xd Blackmachine B7 sounds like a good bet, or find a good luthier yourself, get the whole thing made exactly the way you want.
Last edited by Ih5g at Jan 2, 2012,
Quote by Tom 1.0
ok cool

Personally if there really is no limit, look in to snagging a Blackmachine B7.

Failing that, check out Daemoness guitars. They are both UK based, but both incredible.

ok thanks for the recommendations, I think I heard about blackmachine sometime before, they had a very preimum and expensive 8 string guitar which I saw on youtube.. well price is no real problem, if I would have any limit it would be maybe 4400 USD. THe most important is that it gives me inspiration to produce great music, then the price is justified for sure.

Will look into the Daemoness guitars.
Check out Mayones. Hand-made "semi" customs made in Poland (semi in that you can pick some of the options but not all of them - like your choice of 24.75" or 27" scale, EMG/Blackout/DiMarzio pickups, Mahogany or Ash body, etc)

Regius 7 .... drool worthy imo --->

I've played a Mayones Regius (a 6 not a 7) and it was quite honestly the most amazing guitar I have ever physically seen/played. Quality was mind blowing.

Otherwise, listen to Tom.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by VVolverin3
Check out Mayones. Hand-made "semi" customs made in Poland (semi in that you can pick some of the options but not all of them - like your choice of 24.75" or 27" scale, EMG/Blackout/DiMarzio pickups, Mahogany or Ash body, etc)

Regius 7 .... drool worthy imo --->

I've played a Mayones Regius (a 6 not a 7) and it was quite honestly the most amazing guitar I have ever physically seen/played. Quality was mind blowing.

Otherwise, listen to Tom.

That looks sweet! I love 27" scale :-)
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Quote by MindDusk
ok thanks for the recommendations, I think I heard about blackmachine sometime before, they had a very preimum and expensive 8 string guitar which I saw on youtube.. well price is no real problem, if I would have any limit it would be maybe 4400 USD. THe most important is that it gives me inspiration to produce great music, then the price is justified for sure.

Will look into the Daemoness guitars.

Just curious, what amp(s) do you have?

Quote by Ippon
Just curious, what amp(s) do you have?

Fractal audio Axe FX II and Eventide H8000FW
Thanks for all recomednations so far, it is great that you peopel recommend different builders etc, which is hard to find for me otherwise. so far it seem to be that I fall for those guitar with a wood finish with different patterns.. and not colored, I just seem to like the raw elemental feel of the wood, and it looks little bit vintage which I like, but still modern. But yeah I have not decided yet, so I will not limit myself to only guitars with wooden finish, but right now in this moment I seem to really like fall for these... many I have seen look to plastic..
I think if your really stuck look up a guy called Misha Mansoor from Periphery. He plays almost exclusively very expensive custom/semi custom guitars. Looking at his might provide some inspiration. I would recommend Blackmachine and Strandberg.
I believe that Flaxwood, Ruokangas and Amfisound (all Finnish companies, as I recall) make 7-strings of high quality...but they're not cheap.

http://www.flaxwood.com/home/

http://www.ruokangas.com/

http://www.amfisound.fi/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 3, 2012,
I would warn against even trying the Blackmachine route, the waiting list is exceptionally long and Doug is a notoriously slow worker. I'm not even 100% sure when he's going to be taking orders again anyway.

I would, however, recommend another UK based guy, Jaden Rose; he does some phenomenal work and mainly does the plainer wood finishes you say you're looking for. http://www.jadenroseguitars.com/
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by ThoseEyes
I think if your really stuck look up a guy called Misha Mansoor from Periphery. He plays almost exclusively very expensive custom/semi custom guitars. Looking at his might provide some inspiration. I would recommend Blackmachine and Strandberg.

+1
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
I recommend EBMM JP7 BFR. One top notch son of a bitch.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
Hufschmid!
The metric system, bro, the metric system.
Quote by TheIrishPatriot
Have sex to Colors. Warning: You may never feel as epic ever again.
Quote by test1cles
Hufschmid!

Yeah his guitars looks nice, but I have noticed almost all his guitars is bolt on necks ?
Quote by MindDusk
Yeah his guitars looks nice, but I have noticed almost all his guitars is bolt on necks ?

Only a problem if you make it a problem, there are basically no disadvantages to having a bolt-on as long as it's well made.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Only a problem if you make it a problem, there are basically no disadvantages to having a bolt-on as long as it's well made.

I am sure there is people who will disagree with you there... sure good wood..pickups...and neck lenth can compensate the sustain for sure.
Quote by ThoseEyes
also don't forget http://vikguitars.com/
I believe this company is english

Yeah these guitars looks very high quality and well built. The Duality looks quite nice.
Quote by omidmash
I recommend EBMM JP7 BFR. One top notch son of a bitch.

It is probably a very good guitar, but it is not my taste for sure, looks to conventional for me, I prefer the organic wood finish on the instrument.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I would warn against even trying the Blackmachine route, the waiting list is exceptionally long and Doug is a notoriously slow worker. I'm not even 100% sure when he's going to be taking orders again anyway.

I would, however, recommend another UK based guy, Jaden Rose; he does some phenomenal work and mainly does the plainer wood finishes you say you're looking for. http://www.jadenroseguitars.com/

I really appreciate your warning, I was not aware of it...Yeah I guess his H8 models are selling like butter.. I Think most people know Blackmachine only for the 8 string guitar...

Jaden rose does not seem to have many gutar models, but of the few pictures on the website, I Think I have seen better guitars.
Fred would disagree with you! xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP0RdPY3xmI

Also a lot of those djent guys have been getting Bernie Rico Jr customs lately.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by VVolverin3
Fred would disagree with you! xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP0RdPY3xmI

Also a lot of those djent guys have been getting Bernie Rico Jr customs lately.

I agree, that guitar looks terrific, reminds me of VIK Duality. But I do not find it on their website, I guess it is a 100% custom one made ?
Quote by MindDusk
I agree, that guitar looks terrific, reminds me of VIK Duality. But I do not find it on their website, I guess it is a 100% custom one made ?

Well yes, just about all the luthiers that have been suggested to you are small, more or less one-man custom shops, that's the best way to get a dream guitar.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by MindDusk

He plays 3 guitars in that video. Which one are you referring too? I'm personally very fond of the 2nd one he plays, the blue JHM.
Fred posts in the ERG thread fairly regularly if you want to ask him about them.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by VVolverin3
He plays 3 guitars in that video. Which one are you referring too? I'm personally very fond of the 2nd one he plays, the blue JHM.
Fred posts in the ERG thread fairly regularly if you want to ask him about them.

I am referring to the first guitar in the video.
Well yeah, post here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356444&page=379&pp=20

Fred could give you more info surely.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀