Poll: Are you voting this year?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you voting this year?
Yes.
69 59%
Only in an extreme case.
13 11%
No.
35 30%
Voters: 117.
Page 1 of 5
Created in mind for the American pit goers and our upcoming elections later this year but anyone is welcome to answer, will you be voting this year?

I probably won't, depends on who the Republican nomination is. Elections for my state's representatives are never even close so I don't really feel a need to vote in those elections either. Which is another reason I likely won't be voting in the presidential race, with the electoral college the way it is even if I do vote my vote doesn't really do anything.

Poll just for the hell of it.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Can't, to young.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
By extreme condition, do you mean like someone holds a gun to your head and says "vote!"? Because if so, those who voted no have balls, man.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
It costs a bit to get registered and vote from abroad so probably not. But if it's between like Obama and Rick Perry I'm going to vote Obama just to be sure.

edit: It also takes some time to get registered, maybe a few months if you're unlucky so even if I had the cash in a few months it's not certain I'd get my papers in time. But if I got the cash and time, sure.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Jan 2, 2012,
Probably not. I'm a registered independent and thus cannot vote in the primary in my state. By the time the candidate is chosen, it won't be worth voting.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Yes, because I'm not a lazy douchebag who can't get up off my ass once every 4 years to at least say something about who I want our president to be.
Quote by lushacrous
By extreme condition, do you mean like someone holds a gun to your head and says "vote!"? Because if so, those who voted no have balls, man.

Vote or Die?

Nah, I just mean you won't vote unless Hitler levels of evil candidate is going to be the next leader of the country unless you vote for the other guy.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Last edited by palm mute at Jan 2, 2012,
The election's rigged anyway. Why bother.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Always. Civic duty and whatnot.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433

HEAR YE
My God, it's full of stars!
I doubt it.

I'm not going to vote for Obama, the republican nominee will probably suck, and third party will get no support as always because people view it as "throwing away your vote".

Hence, I will express my contempt for the political system in America by not participating in their farcical election process.
Yes. If i didn't, i couldn't bitch about the government.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

lol yeah you can. Look at due, Zoot, Irish punk, Kumanji, and I and how smart we are

But really, RU Experienced explained why.
Quote by slipknot5678
lol yeah you can. Look at due, Zoot, Irish punk, Kumanji, and I and how smart we are

Vote, you worthless mongrel.
Missed the "being registered Republican for 3 months" date by a month to vote for Paul in Florida primaries. If it's not between Paul and Obama, not voting at all.
Quote by element4433

Ahem. Civic responsibility.

I probably won't vote, but I'm registered. My vote doesn't count, so if I do it will be just to say I did.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by slipknot5678

Kumanji doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as due.

Edit:
But anyway, last year i voted Labour as they were the most likely to take the vote off the Torys. Old news though.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 2, 2012,
I'm registered to vote by the way and have, I just don't feel like it this year and my vote is purely symbolic regardless.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Kumanji doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as due.

I know. More importantly, I just made myself look bad /mostly joking.
Quote by palm mute
I just don't feel like it this year and my vote is purely symbolic regardless.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

So if you don't vote you can't point out flaws...? Ok, all goverments are awesome and super-duper except mine which is the only one I can vote in.
Quote by Dreadnought

I don't like any of the candidates and the president is not elected via a popular vote, my state is going to whatever Republican gets the nomination whether I go and get a sticker or not.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Last edited by palm mute at Jan 2, 2012,
I just voted.... in this poll.

Real answer: I vote in every election, be it local, state, or national, so yes. Obama 2012
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at Jan 2, 2012,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Quote by Kensai
So if you don't vote you can't point out flaws...? Ok, all goverments are awesome and super-duper except mine which is the only one I can vote in.

My logic is that if you're complaining that the party that's in power is shit but you didn't vote against them because you didn't vote at all, then you have no right to complain.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
My logic is that if you're complaining that the party that's in power is shit but you didn't vote against them because you didn't vote at all, then you have no right to complain.

Well that's dumb.
Quote by Eastwinn
Well that's dumb.

That excludes people who can't actually vote as they're under-age.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

That's a bit silly. I can still have opinions of a political party even if I did or did not vote for them. I can't vote in the UK election for example, but I can still think the tories are tossers. I can vote for my favourite party here in Sweden, but that doesn't mean I will agree with everything they do in the future.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I never understood this. It should be the other way around, if one voted for the winners at least.

If you voted and that administration does something you disagree with, you should have no room to bitch and complain, since your voice was just fuel to the fire.

Low voter turnout should be viewed as not approving the present system/parties.
Quote by Kensai
That's a bit silly. I can still have opinions of a political party even if I did or did not vote for them. I can't vote in the UK election for example, but I can still think the tories are tossers. I can vote for my favourite party here in Sweden, but that doesn't mean I will agree with everything they do in the future.

I'm not saying you cannot have an opinion.

What i am saying is that if you had the power to vote against a party you dislike but you couldn't be bothered to vote, then you have no right to bitch if they win.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 2, 2012,
The problem is that you're assuming votes actually count for anything.
Quote by Kensai

Think about this way. Someone you know comes up to you one day and says, "You're a cool guy, Kensai. I'm going to bake you this awesome cake. It's going to be amazing. So, tell me what you want." You respond, "Well...if it as great as you say, just make it. I don't care." They respond, "Um...ok...but if you don't like it, I don't wanna hear about it." You go, "Ok, fine." So, they bake this cake, and you hate it. It has everything on it that you didn't want. You're whining and moaning about it.
You ask them why this made the cake this way, and they go, "Well, you didn't say a damn thing, man. You just said, 'I don't care'. So, I made the cake. I didn't really know what you liked, so I guessed. Apparently, I was wrong. Next time, maybe you should say what you want." Obviously, comparing presidents and a friend baking you a cake is a somewhat ridiculous comparison...

However, the moral of the story is, speak up. Because if you don't vote, you can criticize all you want. The problem is, you didn't speak up. You never said a thing when you had a chance to vote. It's easy to criticize; it's better to be able to say, "I made my choice". Maybe your guy doesn't win. So what? At least, you stood out there and said (figuratively, at the poll), "I want (insert candidate) to be president."
Page 1 of 5