Page 3 of 6
Quote by divinorum69
No prizes. You keep coming for prizes.

The prize is Prestige Only. Sometimes you just do things for respect. Not for a physical return.

In this case you gain the respect of all the lurkers of GB&C if you win.

Exactly right.

You get to say that you won. Why is that not prize enough? Shut up about the prizes, if the people running the competition find prizes from somewhere to give to the winner then grate, but we don't need prizes. Prizes bring disappointment. If you only enter the competition to win the prize, when you don't win you're going to be annoyed. If you win, you're going to be happy that you won even if there is no prize to be given. Plus, if we did get prizes, the winner would most likely have to pay shipping. Shipping can cost nearly as much as the prize by itself. If you really want something to show you won, do what somebody else suggested and leave a link in your sig, we will all find it and know you won. If you really want something to show your friends in real life that you won, show them your build thread. Its 2012, I'm sure you can send them a link to look at. And if they still really don't believe you, their probably not very good friends.

Point is, we don't need prizes. Stop asking for prizes. If you can actually organise prizes from somewhere, PM Boysie8 and talk to him about it. Not with stupid ideas though, he doesn’t want a million messages wasting his time.

Rant over.

Can you sign me up for the 100GBP please. I hope I can find enough time to do it with moving and starting study and everything. If I can't, I guess I'll drop out.
Quote by JCGGUITARS
i was talking to my friend about this and he was like "what do u win?"

i said that we havn't decided and it might just be your own guitar.

I just thought of something that whoever wins, chooses somebody's guitar to keep. except. . . NO ONE TAKES MINE!! so i doubt thisll work.

Here's a question:

If you win this competition and have the best build of them all, why would you then choose to keep someone else's? Surely the competition would have proven them to be inferior?

Also, who in the name of balls would agree to such a thing after spending many agonising months lovingly crafting an instrument?
Quote by JCGGUITARS
I just thought of something that whoever wins, chooses somebody's guitar to keep. except. . . NO ONE TAKES MINE!! so i doubt thisll work.

That really is a terrible idea. And thank you da_ for that, it seems some people need it spelled out for them
Quote by Boysie8
That really is a terrible idea. And thank you da_ for that, it seems some people need it spelled out for them

yes i know it is a horrible idea and if we did that im out. jk but im just gonna 4get the prizes and get on with my build k? srry if i acted like its all about prizes.
Right lets move on now.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Brian. or Jof, the moderators are at the bottom right of the GB&C section.

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by JCGGUITARS
ive just sticked it 4 me

just wondering but has anyone besides me and DuctTapeNinja started? o know no one else has made threads on it yet.

Don't think so. I'd love to get started, but I'm still working on scavenging materials
I'm waiting on ebay mostly, might get started this weekend.
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
I'm waiting on actually having money I can spend
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
The deadline isn't until November, I probably wont be able to start until spring.

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
I probably won't start this untill summer starts, I may have a bass commision in march.
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Well since I am about to start a build I might as well break my lurking spell and join the unlimited competition and get back into the community.

This will be my first neck build, so lets see how this goes.
I don't build stuff, I play guitars, I know what I want and how I want them to look sometimes, but, I don't build guitars, I like to use a custom shop.
I have a SH124 Shadow Kill pot to put into a guitar with active EMGs in it, and... I think I already paid for it, or, something, but it's on my to do list, to actually have it done...

I have this Telecaster/Stratocaster hybrid copy with an acoustic neck profile and a bone truss rod, I had it refretted in 2009, that was built by someone who my guitar guy knows and... My father, 'my dear ol' dad ) he wants to borrow a guitar, he doesn't play guitar but does play musical instruments and sings; But he's a South Paw (Left Handed)... He doesn't mind that it's right handed but, bought himself a violin the other year and converted it.
On my to do list is to have this strato/telecaster converted to south paw; while my dad borrows, which could be for how ever long he needs it, he's a great guy , and, when it comes back, just convert it back to right handed people and, add a third button for the strap. I have 1 or maybe 2 queries about this; 1, Did Jimi Hendrix on his Fender Strats keep the original right handed button?
2, Are there any Left Handed people here who... Play right handed and WOULDN'T enjoy such a change; Are you left handed but actually prefer to play on a right handed guitar/bass?
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Jan 19, 2012,
Quote by treborillusion
I don't build stuff, I play guitars, I know what I want and how I want them to look sometimes, but, I don't build guitars, I like to use a custom shop.
I have a SH124 Shadow Kill pot to put into a guitar with active EMGs in it, and... I think I already paid for it, or, something, but it's on my to do list, to actually have it done...

I have this Telecaster/Stratocaster hybrid copy with an acoustic neck profile and a bone truss rod, I had it refretted in 2009, that was built by someone who my guitar guy knows and... My father, 'my dear ol' dad ) he wants to borrow a guitar, he doesn't play guitar but does play musical instruments and sings; But he's a South Paw (Left Handed)... He doesn't mind that it's right handed but, bought himself a violin the other year and converted it.
On my to do list is to have this strato/telecaster converted to south paw; while my dad borrows, which could be for how ever long he needs it, he's a great guy , and, when it comes back, just convert it back to right handed people and, add a third button for the strap. I have 1 or maybe 2 queries about this; 1, Did Jimi Hendrix on his Fender Strats keep the original right handed button?
2, Are there any Left Handed people here who... Play right handed and WOULDN'T enjoy such a change; Are you left handed but actually prefer to play on a right handed guitar/bass?

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Return to the Pit.
I think I might try to build a banjo for under 100GBP, just to do it really. That'd be fun

I also have a build planned for the summer when I'm working full time again. It'll be over 100GBP so it'd fall into the unlimited category, but it won't be anything too out of the ordinary..I think I might as well sign up here for the sake of doing it, but we'll see how it goes
Quote by treborillusion
*Massive wall of text*

I hate to say it, but I've never seen you post anything thats not absolute bullshit.
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
A couple of questions, sorry if they have been asked and answered already.

1. Do parts that you replaced on a project guitar count towards the cost. They suck and I the only reason I still have them is because I can't seem to throw them away..

2. What about supplies such as finish and stain?

thanks
Quote by Speckled_Hen
I hate to say it, but I've never seen you post anything thats not absolute bullshit.

I love life
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
james4: I'll put you down for unlimited then, you've got all year to start it so there's no urgency.

Rusty_Chisel: Yes they will count, you'll have to estimate a cost yourself (maybe half the cost of a new set of economy tuners, something along those lines). At this stage I'm going to say that the 100GBP excludes finishing supplies (I'll update the rules to reflect this), but this is open to discussion if anyone feels really strongly about it.
I think excluding finishing supplies is a good way to go, it's pretty tricky to upgrade a finish once you've finished if you want to bring the budget guitar up to specs so being able to give it the right finish to start with is probably best
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Plus, why charge the person 25$ for a bottle of finish, when they'll use like 3$ worth of it? "Normal" finishing materials should be omitted, but you can't get gold flakes and stuff and not count it :P
Just a quick message to say that I'm supposed to be in the unlimited challenge, not the 100 GBP one
Little teaser as to what I plan on doing....
all just in the planning, may go with clear or pearloid. currently planning out allthe possible inlays
well... finally go some money sorted and some free oak so...sign me up for the 100gbp won't be starting till after may as I have my wife's guitar to build first and a few fret dressing jobs to tackle and a scallop and refret... but hey...
Ibanez WD7 Wah