Poll: why oh why does music sound better intoxicated?
Poll Options
View poll results: why oh why does music sound better intoxicated?
its the drugs man, they make the music seem better than it actually is
9 15%
drugs open your mind..it allows you to hear the music at a deeper level
19 31%
drugs don't make music any better, in fact it would make me appreciate music less
7 11%
f*ckin' druggie losers. i'm getting high off life
7 11%
*shoots heroin and slumps over onto couch* .....*drools*
5 8%
there's definitely a science to it, there has to. music sound so much better high
12 20%
keep your mouth shut bay-beee, and keep it close to your chest
2 3%
Voters: 61.
Page 1 of 2
You ever listen to music... on WEED?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Not for me. The only difference I can listen to shitty dubstep.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

It's because while you are drunk everything is better, drink alot and always drink, for a better life.

Alcohol, Flavor of life.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I think when you're high or drunk you're not worrying about life hassles.

You are relaxed, feeling good, not a worry, etc.

Works for me.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
You don't question anything when drunk. You lose your sense of judgement and can be caught listening to AC/DC without regret.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I hate when you drink loads and can't think what's happening and things just seem to do whatever they do by themselves and the musica just doesn't matter anymore it just messes iwith your mind and nothing seem rifhgr anymore it just kinda spoils it all
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
You don't question anything when drunk. You lose your sense of judgement and can be caught listening to AC/DC without regret.

hahaha +1
Quote by whoomit
I hate when you drink loads and can't think what's happening and things just seem to do whatever they do by themselves and the musica just doesn't matter anymore it just messes iwith your mind and nothing seem rifhgr anymore it just kinda spoils it all

i love that

I love dancing to shitty music drunk, still shit music though, I just like to have an excuse to dance like a nob-jockey
There's high dubstep and drunk dubstep.

There must be some science, must be.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by Duffman123
i love that

I love dancing to shitty music drunk, still shit music though, I just like to have an excuse to dance like a nob-jockey

That's what I did on new years eve
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
I bet your shitty poll options would look better under the influence of many many illegal substances, TS.
pinga
Beer goggles for vision, beer hearing aides for sound.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by guitar12
it doesn't.

came here to post exactly this.

and i'm am a stoner. While high I noticed small detail...but I easily get lost in my train of taught and don't even hear the music anymore.
IMHO it's not really better per se. You don't care as much about the music since you're somewhat sedated is all.

(probably not)
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Listening to music when you're drunk is annoying in my experience. Unless it's something that you can sing along to. Otherwise it's just noise that takes away what little focus that you have.

Listening to music while high is indescribable. One of the most fantastic experiences of my life was listening to Animals while on psychedelics. Made me appreciate that album so much more, and it's one of my favorites of all time now. Dubstep is pretty crazy too, and I'm not a big electronic music fan.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
Listening to music when you're drunk is annoying in my experience. Unless it's something that you can sing along to. Otherwise it's just noise that takes away what little focus that you have.

Listening to music while high is indescribable. One of the most fantastic experiences of my life was listening to Animals while on psychedelics. Made me appreciate that album so much more, and it's one of my favorites of all time now.

pretty much my view except i love listening/playing music drunk a lot more than when im sober. especially shit you can sing along to. but when im by myself i absolutely love getting high and listening to music. truly is indescribable.
There most likely is science behind it, though it depends on the person and their mindset. I'd imagine it's something to do with the levels of endorphins (I believe they're related to momentary/short-term happiness or mood alteration?) in the brain, or the way the brain responds to sensory excitement when your typical sensory perception has been altered.

This would also kinda explain why some people find it detrimental to their listening experiences rather than something that accentuates them.

That's my best assumption anyway - I could well be, and probably am, very wrong though
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
only Animal Collective
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
i think being drunk definitely makes the music better, just because being drunk makes everything better. you forget all your worries and just take in the amazing music being played.
Quote by chev311e
i think being drunk definitely makes the music better, just because being drunk makes everything better. you forget all your worries and just take in the amazing music being played.

For some people it actually accentuates said worries.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
For some people it actually accentuates said worries.

well im glad im not those people
Quote by chev311e
well im glad im not those people

Me too buddy!

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
600 mg dxm and a couple bowls of cherry kush. I cant do it without music so that my mind has something to grab ahold of while tripping and its amazing.
Quote by JayT44

Listening to music while high is indescribable. One of the most fantastic experiences of my life was listening to Animals while on psychedelics. Made me appreciate that album so much more, and it's one of my favorites of all time now. Dubstep is pretty crazy too, and I'm not a big electronic music fan.

Jesus christ, this. I was listening to AAL the last time I got high and it was just beautiful. I wasn't far from shedding a tear. I felt like I was the music.

I was Animals as Leaders
pinga
Quote by darkstar2466
You ever listen to music... on WEED?

This

But as hippie as I may sound, I truly do hear things that I wouldn't normally catch in songs when listening to music when stoned.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
- Get high

- Listen to music

- Lay on bed

- Fly away
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by Cb4rabid
Jesus christ, this. I was listening to AAL the last time I got high and it was just beautiful. I wasn't far from shedding a tear. I felt like I was the music.

I was Animals as Leaders

I'd cry too if someone sat me down and made me listen to Animals as Leaders.

PM me if you ever need someone to talk about it with
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'd cry too if someone sat me down and made me listen to Animals as Leaders.

PM me if you ever need someone to talk about it with

Not sure if srs?
pinga
i love listening to music when im high/drunk/tripping but different music in different highs. overall, drugs definitely make a different in how good music is. especially on something like shrooms, music is immaculate when having an amazing trip.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Being high makes pretty much all of your senses better; taste, smell, feeling, hearing. It's just because you have a ridiculous amount of dopamine being released in your brain, so just about everything and anything makes you feel amazing.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
There has to be something neurological going on that makes for such profound and blissful music/drug combos. I love to play and listen to music when buzzing on alchol, but neither can hold my attention when seriously drunk.

Weed, nitrous, and DXM have caused some of the most awesome and bizzare music listening experiences for me. Being high is the only one of those I play on, though. The others have always been laying down with headphones and have been pretty ridiculous for the most part.
Page 1 of 2