Page 1 of 3
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent
4,771 IQ
Well, okay I don't know which part of the forum to do this so I just figured out I might post them here.

I made these arrangements of FF songs, but I want to know if they can be improved.
Although all of them are playable, I think some of them may have some unnecessary difficulty to them that could be fixed or arranged (I've never really made any arrangements before)

Any thoughts? (or maybe I should post this somewhere else I dunno)

P.S: Just for the record, I didn't tab them out by ear, I either looked for sheet music or opened their midis in Guitar Pro, or searched for other tabs of it (my ear sucks).

I've divided the .rar in songs from each FF game, because the file was too large to host here >_>

Other FF arrangements:
File: "Other FF arrangements.zip"
These are not my arrangements. These gp5 files come (mostly) from me transcribing into Guitar Pro tabs from several sources. gametabs.net is one of them, but I don't remember where I got others.
So don't give me credit for these, except maybe for putting them in a nice gp5 format

Final Fantasy 6:

Decisive Battle

Final Fantasy 7:

Ahead on our Way
Cait Sith's Theme
Gold Saucer
Costa del Sol
Rufus' Welcome Ceremony
Great Warrior
Great Northern Crater
The Nightmare Begins

Final Fantasy 9:

Jesters of the Moon
Melodies of Life
Loss of Me
You Are Not Alone!

Themes I didn't tab because of various reasons:
(if you REALLY want any of these tabs then PM me and I may do them, depending which one it is)

Final Fantasy 7:

Prelude
Fanfare
Red XIII's Theme
Continue
Mark of the Traitor
Stealing the Tiny Bronco
Fiddle de Chocobo
Tango of Tears
A Secret Sleeping Deep in the Sea
The Countdown Begins
If You Open Your Heart
Jenova Absolute
World Crisis
Staff Roll

Final Fantasy 9:

Memories Erased in the Storm
Battle Strategy Conference
The Skies of Alexandria
Decisive Action, Search for the Princess
Prima Vista Band
Tonight
Your Warmth
Fanfare
Memories of That Day
A Face Unforgotten
Garnet's Theme
Cleyra's Trunk
The Disappearing Mist
Iifa Tree
Dagger's Recollection
Birth of the new Queen
We are Thieves!
Desert Palace
A Transient Past
The Sneaky Frog and the Scoundrel
Broken Spell, Healed Hearts
Airship Hilda Garde
Ipsen's Castle
The Four Mirrors
Consecutive Battles
The Castle Frozen in Time
Assault of the White Dragons
Crystal World
Final Battle
Kiss of Betrayal
I Want to Be Your Canary
Inseparable Hearts
Behind the Door
Melodies of Life
Prelude

Attachments:
Final Fantasy 5-6-8 Guitar Tabs.zip
Final Fantasy 9 Guitar Tabs.zip
Final Fantasy 7 Guitar Tabs.zip
Other FF arrangements.zip
Last edited by gonzaw at Jan 27, 2013,
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent
4,771 IQ
Thanks!

But do you think it's too "convulted" maybe? Or that maybe some parts are unnecessary difficult?

The Barret one is the hardest of them 3 for now.
Cosmo Canyon and the Chocobo Hot and Cold one are kind of easy.

Also I made a new arrangement for the Cid theme, might just as well put it in the OP as well.

Making these is so much fun!

EDIT: Yeah, I'll just update the OP when I make new ones...

I'm planning on doing the FF8 Castle theme now, and I may do the FF7 Tifa theme later.

The thing is that I love guitar arrangements of video game/films themes and stuff, but I can rarely find any, so I'll just try and arrange them myself if I can.
Last edited by gonzaw at Jan 3, 2012,
Legionator
10 IQ
The are definitely going to be hard to play if you don't finger pick but other than that they sound awesome, the tifa one sounds flawless.
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent
4,771 IQ
Quote by Legionator
The are definitely going to be hard to play if you don't finger pick but other than that they sound awesome, the tifa one sounds flawless.

Well, I play classical guitar, so they are not that hard to me.

I just try to get the actual tonality, chords and melodies of the theme first, and then try to find a way to play it (kind of how you read sheet music to play guitar).

Even if it's hard, at least it's a challenge!
Last edited by gonzaw at Jan 4, 2012,
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent
4,771 IQ
Finished the FF8 Castle theme as promised (OP updated).

Ehm, it may or may not be impossible to play at the right tempo >_> <_<

I'll tell you that you need a VERY fast pinky, and a strong barring finger to pull it off, but if you do you are my hero!

EDIT: I'll try and do the Yuffie and Aerith theme.

Damn, I seem to only make FF7 ones, I'll try and make a FF6 one in the future.
Last edited by gonzaw at Jan 4, 2012,
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent
4,771 IQ
Quote by Life Is Brutal
I haven't played any of the FF games, but these seem to be pretty good tabs. Submit them to the site sometime if they aren't already tabbed.

Thanks!. And I already did...

I wasn't very sure though, considering that the staff say that you need to tab them out by ear to send them, so maybe they wouldn't allow them or would maybe take them down..

I would have tried tabbing some of them out by ear, but it would have been a derpfest and not accurate, which is what I'm seeking with these tabs..

Also, there's some lonlon guy on youtube that made a lot of these too, and some of them are pretty good so I won't make those themes.
But I didn't see him making other, or I thought that they could be even more accurate by taking the midis into account.
~Flounder~
Trance/Metal Synth player
70 IQ
nice....but where's One Wing Angel!?!?! (attachment related)
Attachments:
One Wing Angel.gp5
Kurzweil K2500xs
Last edited by ~Flounder~ at Jan 17, 2012,
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent
4,771 IQ
Quote by ~Flounder~
nice....but where's One Wing Angel!?!?! (attachment related)

Well, it's kind of tedious to do it >_>

There's a guitar arrangement of it going around here, and although it's good it's not accurate to the original though, as in, there are phrases missing and such...

I think I'll do it now though.
And maybe I'll do the Sephirot theme and the Jenova one (kind of hard though), since I've never seen guitar arrangements of those.
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent
4,771 IQ
Update:

Added FF9's Opening theme (The Place I'll Return to Someday) and Steiner's theme.

My objective for now is to arrange all FF9's and FF7's themes, at least the most popular ones (and the ones that haven't been arranged by now, or at least the ones I haven't found tabs by now).
Might take a while though.
hornet224
a rock
10 IQ
You think you could to The Dark Messenger or Mystery Sword from FF9, next?
Quote by rocklee1431
Wow, these all suck. Except for the Moth Whisperer over there.

Quote by VanTheKraut
If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.
hornet224
a rock
10 IQ
No offense, but...

I love you.
Quote by rocklee1431

Quote by VanTheKraut
If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.
hornet224
a rock
10 IQ
Yeah, I saw that. I've got a LOT of work to do with my finger-picking technique before I can play that, lol. :P
Quote by rocklee1431

Quote by VanTheKraut
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent
4,771 IQ
Update:

Added FF9's RUN! and Evil Forest Theme.

Once I finish the most popular themes from Disc 1 of FF9 I'll go to the most populars from Disc 1 of FF7, and so on

EDIT: Shit I forgot about Feel my Blade!

Gonna make that one next.

Also, I'd do the boss theme (since there aren't tabs for it anywhere), but there aren't any midis nor tabs that describe that bassline from the beginning of it, and I can't figure it out either >_>
Last edited by gonzaw at Jan 23, 2012,
HaydenHohns
Maths/Music Enthusiast
130 IQ
I have to say I'm really enjoying these arrangements of FF themes here (FF6 Battle Theme has been my favourite so far). I mean I'm not much of a fingerstylists or classical player (Although I thoroughly enjoy John Williams, the classical guitarist that is) but it's definitely helpful in composition. If your willing to, would you mind taking a stab at Caius' Theme ? It's from Final Fantasy 13-2 and it's very Romantic (The style, not the feeling) and dynamic.

Anyway, I'll give a detailed crit on my favourite piece you've done, Anxious Heart.

When doing the opening strums, I recommend allowing stroke to last longer such as an 8th or quarter note. I would also be willing to debate that it's in Fmin as opposed to Cmin which you have notated in. I thought the chromatic fill in bar 16 was in good taste. Nobuo was and still is good at sneaking in accidentals here and there. Otherwise, I thought it was really good.

For future thought, consider expanding the harmonic possibilities by adding in another guitar. So much more is possible with two or three guitarists.
Last edited by HaydenHohns at Jan 24, 2012,
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent
4,771 IQ
Update:

Added "Feel My Blade", and added 2 Queen Brahne's Themes

Quote by HaydenHohns
I have to say I'm really enjoying these arrangements of FF themes here (FF6 Battle Theme has been my favourite so far). I mean I'm not much of a fingerstylists or classical player (Although I thoroughly enjoy John Williams, the classical guitarist that is) but it's definitely helpful in composition. If your willing to, would you mind taking a stab at Caius' Theme ? It's from Final Fantasy 13-2 and it's very Romantic (The style, not the feeling) and dynamic.

Anyway, I'll give a detailed crit on my favourite piece you've done, Anxious Heart.

When doing the opening strums, I recommend allowing stroke to last longer such as an 8th or quarter note. I would also be willing to debate that it's in Fmin as opposed to Cmin which you have notated in. I thought the chromatic fill in bar 16 was in good taste. Nobuo was and still is good at sneaking in accidentals here and there. Otherwise, I thought it was really good.

Thanks!

Yeah, I supposed it would be Fmin, but there were just so many accidentals, specially ones that were in-key if it were Cmin (plus it resolves to Cm at the beginning I think).
Yeah, I didn't actually sat and analyse the music theory behind these themes, I just tabbed them

For future thought, consider expanding the harmonic possibilities by adding in another guitar. So much more is possible with two or three guitarists.

Well, I'm doing these mostly so I can play them by myself later (and so other people can too).
I doubt there will be a lot of moments in my life where I'm with another guitarist willing to play these songs with me and is capable of doing so (I'm not in any band or anything) though.

Do you have any midi or sheet music (piano perhaps?) for it?

As you can see, I'm doing these arrangements quite quickly. It's because I download midis of the themes, and arrange it from there.

If not I would need to spend like 1 month arranging a single theme, and my goal is to arrange most of the FF9 and FF7 ones, so that would take a long time.
Not taking into account that I'd most certainly **** up the arrangement since I don't have a good ear, like at all. I wouldn't be able to finish the arrangements at all I think.

So if you have any already writen notation for that song I'd be happy to do it.

Also, I'm not really expecting any crits so don't feel obliged to give them or anything now.

Of course unless the tab is too difficult, or I ****ed up somewhere or stuff. Mainly because it's not my music, so there's not much to crit.

Oh and yeah, in the Queen Brahne theme, there's a part where you need to play the Bb from the 1st string and the F from the 6th string at the same time...

....good luck with that >_>
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent
4,771 IQ
Update:

Added FF9's Ice Cavern theme, the Overworld one, and the one that plays when you sleep in a tent.

Wow, the Ice Cavern one was harder to play than I thought >_>
Those damn intensity changes!

EDIT: I was wondering, have any of you actually learnt one of these arrangements and played it?

I want to know how difficult to actually learn them some of them are...

Since I'm wasting all my time arranging the themes, I don't have much time to play them

I did learn the Cosmo Canyon and the FF9 Opening Theme by heart, but those are the easiest, so I dunno.
Last edited by gonzaw at Jan 26, 2012,
Td_Nights
UG Fanatic
176 IQ
I've decided to learn some of these. But I'm not exactly a great player, so all the dynamics are throwing me off.

So for difficulty, well, they're playable, I just need to finetune them >_>

Keep it up though, these are great.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent
4,771 IQ
Update:

Added the Dali theme, the "Beyond the Twilight" one and the other Steiner one...

Once I finish Zidane's Theme, the Black Waltz one, and the other Vivi one I'll go on to FF7 (since I would finish Disc 1 of FF9).

Quote by Td_Nights
I've decided to learn some of these. But I'm not exactly a great player, so all the dynamics are throwing me off.

So for difficulty, well, they're playable, I just need to finetune them >_>

Keep it up though, these are great.

Which ones are you learning?

I'd like to know if someone tried to learn "The Castle"; "Birth of a God" or "Bombing Mission" yet >_>

EDIT: If someone has the midi for "Mistaken Love" I'd appreciate it if you could PM me it (I can't seem to find it anywhere).

Same goes for the FF9 Boss theme like I said earlier..

I would really like to arrange those two out..
Last edited by gonzaw at Jan 27, 2012,
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent
4,771 IQ
Ehmm, I need someone's advice on this, I don't know if I should include this song or not.

I'm currently doing "Underneath the Rotten Pizza", and well, there is a part where you need to play 2 notes 9 frets apart, from the 1st to the 6th string.
Maybe it's too much though, and the song is not that interesting to play.

I can scrap the song entirely anyways, it doesn't have much going on, it's just a bassline and 1 arpeggiated chord every 4 bars.

Here it is if anyone's interested, I don't really know if I should include it or not.

EDIT: Fixed some thing and reuploaded it
Attachments:
Final Fantasy 7 - Underneath the Rotten Pizza.gp5
Last edited by gonzaw at Jan 30, 2012,
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent
4,771 IQ
Quote by xbitmetal
Final fantasy 6 boss theme plz and I love you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYLvj5WrKAQ
This one

I already saw good tabs for it though, which is why I didn't make it (same as the FF7 and FF9 battle themes and stuff).

If I find I can make one that's somewhat good and more accurate, then I'll do it
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent
4,771 IQ
Update:

Whatever, I'll upload the Rotten Pizza one anyways.
Added the Wall Market them as well (Oppressed people) and that spooky one that plays when Cloud is mad as hell (it's short and maybe not very interesting to play on guiter, but meh, I'll put it anyways)
Page 1 of 3