Page 1 of 2
What is the worst song by your favorite band?

Not Enough-Van Halen (I'm obviously excluding the entire VH3 album, because it never happened )
Last edited by scott john at Jan 2, 2012,
The Kids Quartet - MGMT
Their not my favorite band, but this is honestly one of only two songs by them that I hate.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
I' m sure you can guess what my fav band is (see avatar) but I think their worst song by far is body language. But they made up for it by being the best band ever.
The Beatles - Don't pass me by..... tears apart my eardrums. and yet I listen to it every time I listen to the white album. /it's worth it/

tee-hee~
Bladecatcher - Mastodon. The track's been growing on me, especially live, but I still can't really get into it.

Electric Wizard have an excessively long drone track on almost every album, that's always my least favorite.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Rush in the late 80's
Quote by darkstar2466
You will get large cacti inserted into your anus for the heinous crime of piracy.

Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I wanna go down on you Jesus, I wanna feel your salvation all over my face

My signature lacks content.
It is, however, blue.
The Beatles - Don't pass me by..... tears apart my eardrums. and yet I listen to it every time I listen to the white album. /it's worth it

Yeah, that one's a crapper. Ob-La-Di is another one that makes me cringe. The white album is one of the best, but there are some stinkers on it. They should have kept the best cuts and released the others years after the band broke up.
Last edited by scott john at Jan 2, 2012,
Shat man, I can't even decide who my favorite is. I need to go on a spirit quest.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by thegoldenshroom
Auto Pilot-QOTSA
Awful.

actually the title of the thread was worst song by your favorite band, not 'one of the best songs by your favorite band' ...not that QOTSA is my favorite, but they are damn good and that song is amazing
Gibson SG (JN & JB)
Squier Strat

Ibanez TS9
Boss Volume Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss DS-1

Fender Blues Junior
Crate 15w
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
Megadeth - A Tou La monde.

**** that song.

whhaaaaaaaaaa? I love that song.
My sig? Nice.
Everlasting Light by the Black Keys
Great song but just not for me.
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
Quote by BurningTurkey
whhaaaaaaaaaa? I love that song.

Every time I listen to it I'm reminded of pop music. Like some guy who sits on some stool playing some acoustic guitar and singing a cliche song about love or something, although it's obvious that a tou le monde isn't a love song but this is what I picture everytime I hear it.
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Jan 2, 2012,
Quote by meow1992
Everlasting Light by the Black Keys
Great song but just not for me.

Bummer man, that's one of my fave tracks.

Mystic Rhythms by Rush, though I can't claim to have a favorite band.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Metallica - the lulu garbage
Other than than abomination, probably Until it Sleeps.
Very Ape by Nirvana. Like Testosterone by Bush and **** Off Nazi Punks by Dead Kennedies, it's evidence that you can only write good hate-rock when you have enough emotional distance for snark. It has this annoying trying-too-hard-not-to-break-into-furious-ranting vibe.

Nirvana isn't really my favorite band, but I can't think of a Dinosaur Jr or Led Zeppelin song that I don't like right off hand.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Last edited by AeolianSeventh at Jan 2, 2012,
Dear Lover by the Foo Fighters. I don't hate this song, but it's one of the only foo songs I skip habitually when it comes on.

Mystic Rhythms by Rush, though I can't claim to have a favorite band.

Bummer, thats one of my favorite songs by them.
Quote by robertito696

Electric Wizard have an excessively long drone track on almost every album, that's always my least favorite.

hah, those are usually my favorite.

Quote by AeolianSeventh
Very Ape by Nirvana. Like Testosterone by Bush and **** Off Nazi Punks by Dead Kennedies, it's evidence that you can only write good hate-rock when you have enough emotional distance for snark. It has this annoying trying-too-hard-not-to-break-into-furious-ranting vibe.

Nirvana isn't really my favorite band, but I can't think of a Dinosaur Jr or Led Zeppelin song that I don't like right off hand.

Tangerine comes to mind, that chorus is crap. Hot Dog's not not so great either.
Quote by scott john
The Beatles - Don't pass me by..... tears apart my eardrums. and yet I listen to it every time I listen to the white album. /it's worth it

Yeah, that one's a crapper. Ob-La-Di is another one that makes me cringe. The white album is one of the best, but there are some stinkers on it. They should have kept the best cuts and released the others years after the band broke up.

Ob-La-Di is a fantastic song.

I heard it today while I was at lunch and it was awesome.
Quote by AeolianSeventh

I love those two...
Quote by link9238
Dear Lover by the Foo Fighters. I don't hate this song, but it's one of the only foo songs I skip habitually when it comes on.

I'm a big FF fan but have never heard of that song. What album is it on?
"Very Ape" is great.

"With or Without U2" is the only thing close to bad I've ever heard from Jawbreaker.
Quote by due 07
"Very Ape" is great.

"With or Without U2" is the only thing close to bad I've ever heard from Jawbreaker.

I assume you haven't listened to most of Bivouac.

Easy peasy livin' greezy

Miss Murder.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Sweet Child O' Mine..Guns N Roses....I cringe everytime it comes on the radio or if i've forgotten to skip it whilst listening to Appetite for Destruction.
Quote by neidnarb11890
"Waiting Room" by Fugazi.

But...but....DAT BASSLINE!

I think I actually like most songs that people have written >_>
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Quote by nashawa
I assume you haven't listened to most of Bivouac.

Aside from the garbage covers they threw on there, Bivouac is a great album.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Aside from the garbage covers they threw on there, Bivouac is a great album.

That's what I was talking about.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Nope, but no one would have paid attention if I didn't exaggerate.

Point for me.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Nope, but no one would have paid attention if I didn't exaggerate.

Point for me.

Sure they would have, they just wouldn't have engaged you in this pointless debate regarding the overall quality of the record, which you lost anyway.

Point 4 me.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Sure they would have, they just wouldn't have engaged you in this pointless debate regarding the overall quality of the record, which you lost anyway.

Point 4 me.

Well, it also has the last half of the eponymous track, so that greatly degrades the overall quality. That song is basically "Jawbreaker as The Grateful Dead."
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Well, it also has the last half of the eponymous track, so that greatly degrades the overall quality. That song is basically "Jawbreaker as The Grateful Dead."

I love that part. It's pure chaos, like Blake's soul, maaaan. It's like their "European Son".
Page 1 of 2