I was looking at the GFS MIM Strat replacement bridges and I was wondering if anyone has experience with brass and steel bridge blocks. What are the differences in sound and sustain?
I just put a brass block in my strat and have a steel one in more other guitar.
The brass has a little more sustain but the notes are not as sharp sounding with the steel block.

Just a warning, they are pretty large so the back plate probably won't fit back on the back, You'll have to cut a hole for the block to poke through
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
It's okay I never wear the backplate. I guess I'll go for the brass block because my strat is pretty bright. Just curious, which one do you prefer?
Quote by Kyleisthename
I just put a brass block in my strat and have a steel one in more other guitar.
The brass has a little more sustain but the notes are not as sharp sounding with the steel block.

Just a warning, they are pretty large so the back plate probably won't fit back on the back, You'll have to cut a hole for the block to poke through

Its not a Squier, is it? Any Standard Fender and the block shouldn't come out the back, but the Squiers have thinner bodies.

I use a brass block in one strat and steel in the other. My red strat has had a steel and brass in it, brass is the one I keep in it. The notes are dulled a bit more than the steel, but they sustain better and I prefer the tone, but it was completely different with my burst strat, I prefer the sound of steel in that one.
Thanks for the comments. Mine is a 2000 Fender Standard Stratocaster (Made in Mexico). Brass block it is!