Alright so I am wondering how much distortion is added by its drive band. My purpose is I want to have a channel of my tube amp set to a GNR hard rock tone and I want to use this pedal to scoop the mids and add drive to push me into Metallica type tones. Would this be asking to mmuch of this pedal? Thanks for the info.
It would definitely scoop the tone, though I can't tell you anything about the gain slider.

What amp are you using it on? Just wondered if there was an effects loop.
Orange dual terror so no but I'm thinking of DIYing one in perhaps but for this purpose no
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the gain and volume sliders are used as input and output controls on the 10-band. I don't believe it will add distortion to the degree you are thinking, at best it may give you some slight overdrive if you really push it.

Alright does anyone else have a recommendation that would survive my purpose (scooping mids and adding gain to push hard rock into metal)?
Quote by 95thFallout
Orange dual terror so no but I'm thinking of DIYing one in perhaps but for this purpose no

with an amp with no effects loop, all you are EQing is the signal of your guitar, which doesn't do much, unless you are placing it after pedals. EQ pedals as far as my experience work best in the loop.

i am a dual terror owner and i love it. i dont know if you have one already or if its in the mail, but i was really nervous about the single tone control. it does quite well. there really isn't any need for me to have anything warrant needing anything else.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
with an amp with no effects loop, all you are EQing is the signal of your guitar, which doesn't do much, unless you are placing it after pedals. EQ pedals as far as my experience work best in the loop.

i am a dual terror owner and i love it. i dont know if you have one already or if its in the mail, but i was really nervous about the single tone control. it does quite well. there really isn't any need for me to have anything warrant needing anything else.

Glad to hear you like it and its in the mail. Its not the tone knob I'm worried about but I loved the tone so much but I reaaly feel I need anther channel so one would be metal (ft pedal) then a hard rock tone on the fat channel and a bluesy clean on the other
quite a while i was looking into BBE's pedals when they were lesser known and only had a few models out. IIRC the crusher is based somewhat on the DS1. for some reason i thought BBE was a division of Roland, that copied and/or modified boss products, but through quick research they aren't, but don't know if they ever were.

as far as dual terror goes, i swear by my MI audio blues pro.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by 95thFallout
Glad to hear you like it and its in the mail. Its not the tone knob I'm worried about but I loved the tone so much but I reaaly feel I need anther channel so one would be metal (ft pedal) then a hard rock tone on the fat channel and a bluesy clean on the other

what i do is have clean/mild dirt blues on the TT channel, a mid to heavy gain on the fat channel, and i use the MI audio blues pro for heavy distortion over the fat channel.

one thing that is really nice about only having the single EQ, you can set it pretty much instantly for the guitar you are using.

i am the type to get my tone dialed in and leave it, and on the dual terror, i tweak the tone pending on the guitar.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
quite a while i was looking into BBE's pedals when they were lesser known and only had a few models out.

IIRC the crusher is based somewhat on the DS1.

Hmm, seems we got ourselves a pedal hipster..

The key word is somewhat... The crusher has a lot more flexibility EQ wise.. Not just a tone knob like the DS1.. It's a 3 band. I figure you scoop the mid knob on that and it'll get TS where he wants to be.

The MXR 10-band's gain slider controls the input volume, whereas the volume slider controls the output. You're not going to be able to use it to get br00tz by itself.

You'll need to pair the 10-band with a OD pedal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The MXR 10-band's gain slider controls the input volume, whereas the volume slider controls the output. You're not going to be able to use it to get br00tz by itself.

You'll need to pair the 10-band with a OD pedal.

Good to know, thanks for confirming that, dude!

Quote by Zeppelin Addict
Hmm, seems we got ourselves a pedal hipster..

The key word is somewhat... The crusher has a lot more flexibility EQ wise.. Not just a tone knob like the DS1.. It's a 3 band. I figure you scoop the mid knob on that and it'll get TS where he wants to be.

i think i am probably about the farthest person from a hipster out there.

i realize that it is more versatile, but i never cared for a DS1 unless it is modded, and then i am picky about their mods. to be honest, i was more curious about the connection between roland/boss and potentially BBE.

my MXR 10 band somehow decided to die on me. took everything apart, Deoxit sprayed on everything, brushed out the jacks, nothing, literally right in the middle of a song, not even turning it on or off or anything.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Jan 3, 2012,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i think i am probably about the farthest person from a hipster out there.

i realize that it is more versatile, but i never cared for a DS1 unless it is modded, and then i am picky about their mods. to be honest, i was more curious about the connection between roland/boss and potentially BBE.

my MXR 10 band somehow decided to die on me. took everything apart, Deoxit sprayed on everything, brushed out the jacks, nothing, literally right in the middle of a song, not even turning it on or off or anything.

Haha, I was completely kidding man..

Yea, I'm not much of a DS1 fan myself, and I'm not about to try and mod one to my liking, as I'm sure most aren't. That takes a brave man.. (Another joke..)

Can't help you with a BBE connection to another brand, crusher looked legit though, seems to be built like a tank.

Sorry to hear about your 10-band.. I've been looking into getting one, yours is the first I've heard problems with. Some strange enigma eh?

Quote by Zeppelin Addict
Haha, I was completely kidding man..

Yea, I'm not much of a DS1 fan myself, and I'm not about to try and mod one to my liking, as I'm sure most aren't. That takes a brave man.. (Another joke..)

Can't help you with a BBE connection to another brand, crusher looked legit though, seems to be built like a tank.

Sorry to hear about your 10-band.. I've been looking into getting one, yours is the first I've heard problems with. Some strange enigma eh?

i know... i am more of the cowboy boots, gun and whiskey in the center console, boot knife type.

yea no idea on the connection, but i thought there was something there at some point. i could probably run the patent numbers on the sonic minimizer (lol) and see who owns the rights to them. beyond that i don't have an idea.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i know... i am more of the cowboy boots, gun and whiskey in the center console, boot knife type.
Sounds a lot like me

Minus the whiskey, I replaced that with The Weed when I realised that it's sorta the family curse. Both sides.

TS: You don't really need an EQ pedal with that amp, unless your trying to unbrighten your guitar or something. Many overdrives already have a bit of a mid hump.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Jan 3, 2012,
Quote by trashedlostfdup

I never know.. **** the internets. Respect, to you and your boot-wearing brethren up there ^ ..

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
You don't really need an EQ pedal with that amp, unless your trying to unbrighten your guitar or something. Many overdrives already have a bit of a mid hump.

He wants them mids scooped. So he'd probably count out an OD, since you're right about the mid-hump on most.

TS doesn't know what he wants.

Digitech Bad Monkey is flatter than most.

Mid hump and lows cut is good. It tightens up your loose nasty tube amp.
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Jan 3, 2012,
Quote by 95thFallout
I want to use this pedal to scoop the mids and add drive to push me into Metallica type tones.

O rly? Sry I Dumb. Carry on..

I'm going to get flamed like crazy for this, but I would look at the Top Boost EHX Metal Muff. Metal distortion, a boost, and bass/mid/treble EQ controls.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by Zeppelin Addict

He wants them mids scooped. So he'd probably count out an OD, since you're right about the mid-hump on most.

Yeah, but most ODs don't have +/- 12 dB of mids.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
What I'm saying is that an OD's mid hump won't matter too much when you can scoop out the mids it adds anyway.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
http://www.fulltone.com/products/fat-boost-fb-3
i have been interested in one of these. its got bass and treble knobs, and can get a ton of gain.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Raijouta
What I'm saying is that an OD's mid hump won't matter too much when you can scoop out the mids it adds anyway.

Ah, well you should've just said so..

Kind of impractical if he wants it in one pedal though..

The mid bump in overdrives, from my experience, isn't so much about EQ as it is about poking the tubes in all the right places.
Thanks for the help guys I think after some let night shopping and what you guys said I'm gonna buy a black star distx and run it though my clean channel on my amp. I think that will get me what I'm looking for.