Page 1 of 3
What albums can you not wait for, or anyone you wish would announce an album?

i cant wait for Slash's album, cant tell if Van Halen will actually release their album and if it will be any good. Also soundgarden. pearl jam should be awesome as always.
John frusciante new solo album omg omg omg omg
Modest mouse, Mgmt, and BTBAM all should be releasing new material. Btbam has that other half of the EP they are working on. Sadly I haven't heard any modest mouse or mgmt news. I bet mgmt is just too high to record an album
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Modest mouse, Mgmt, and BTBAM all should be releasing new material. Btbam has that other half of the EP they are working on. Sadly I haven't heard any modest mouse or mgmt news. I bet mgmt is just too high to record an album

Modest mouse is making an album didn't know about that.
Uhh... Black Sabbath anyone?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Black Sabbath, with Ozzy. I don't doubt Iommi's riffing, Geezer's bass licks, or Billy Ward's drumming, but I sincerely doubt Mr. Osbourne's ability to sing at a caliber to match the music.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Enter Shikari - Flash Flood of Colour

omfg...

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
John frusciante new solo album

And this.
Quote by darkstar2466
Black Sabbath, with Ozzy. I don't doubt Iommi's riffing, Geezer's bass licks, or Billy Ward's drumming, but I sincerely doubt Mr. Osbourne's ability to sing at a caliber to match the music.

I hope ozzy doesn't **** it up.....
Sigur Ros. Hopefully.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
The new Farewell album!
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by AlteredMaggot18
Modest mouse is making an album didn't know about that.

I mean....they only released an EP, with b sides. It sounds like they are still in their prime. I assume they are going to release new music. They're playing a show at the warfield in SF the 25th of this mobth.its an 18+ show so I can't take my girl-friend and brother sadly....
cant wait for the new lamb of god album. and with system of a down back together, i hope they make an album this year, but something makes me doubt it a little
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
According to an ancient Mayan prophecy, on December 20th of 2012, Jimi Hendrix, Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding will rise from the grave and start work on a new album. Super excited to hear it.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Of Montreal, Modest Mouse, Busdriver, Frank Turner *crosses fingers*

I'm terrible at being aware of when musicians release new material.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

All of this, except.... *activate flameshield* I don't like BTBAM.

I'm stoked as hell for Froosh's new album, and I'm looking forward to Modest Mouse and MGMT's stuff too. Also I heard Pearl Jam has another one coming. I'll be looking forward to that. Furthermore, Of Montreal has an album on the way.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at Jan 3, 2012,
Quote by jetfuel495
Frank Turner just released an album this year, though. Does he work fast? An EP wouldn't surprise me, but a full album might be a bit much.

Yes. He said he's likely working on a hardcore project right now (January), and I think I remember him saying something about maybe working on another album later in the year. One of the two will probably be out this year.

The dude basically just records albums and tours for most of the year. He's awesome.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Of Montreal, Modest Mouse, Busdriver, Frank Turner *crosses fingers*

I'm terrible at being aware of when musicians release new material.

new frank would be fire. hopefully the national release another masterpiece as well.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Yes. He said he's likely working on a hardcore project right now (January), and I think I remember him saying something about maybe working on another album later in the year. One of the two will probably be out this year.

The dude basically just records albums and tours for most of the year. He's awesome.
Oh.

Awesome.
actually i would rather have frank come to the states than another lp. so an ep is cool as long as he does another us tour
Quote by turncoat60%
actually i would rather have frank come to the states than another lp. so an ep is cool as long as he does another us tour

He's already doing another us tour. lol.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
He's already doing another us tour. lol.

like right now? am i retarded or what

edit: holy shit he is lol. no pittsburgh tho so shit. hope i have enough money by the time he comes to ohio
Last edited by turncoat60% at Jan 3, 2012,
Quote by turncoat60%
like right now? am i retarded or what

No, but he's already announced some dates for like April iirc. He's got some support and headlining dates already announced, but hasn't announced them all (like any Canadian shows, which is annoying).
I'm looking forward to Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light II by Earth. Also I'll probably check out the new Alcest record that comin' out 'cuz I dig what I've heard by them. That's as far ahead as I've looked. I'll probably spend the first half of '12 catching up on '11 records, anyway. & crossing my fingers for more Wild Flag.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Jan 3, 2012,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
No, but he's already announced some dates for like April iirc. He's got some support and headlining dates already announced, but hasn't announced them all (like any Canadian shows, which is annoying).

according to his myspace hes still touring the west coast right now then hes coming back east. no canadian shows though
Quote by turncoat60%
according to his myspace hes still touring the west coast right now then hes coming back east. no canadian shows though

watched an interview or something where he said he just hasnt released the dates yet, so there might still be a Crosby show. Fits with Zeph hearing about the Ohio show from Frank after the gig he went to as well
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Jan 3, 2012,
I'm definitely pumped for the new album from The Darkness. Was absolutely thrilled to see them get back together.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Page 1 of 3