Hey,

I'm looking to start giving professional guitar lessons and am currently in the process of finding some where to teach. I currently do not have a spare room in my house or any where appropriate under my families ownership, so I am looking to find a room some where in or around my home town, which I can either rent or use for a donation.

The ideas I have been looking into so far are:
Community centres
recreational centres
town/ village halls
church halls

I already have some potential places in mind.

I was wondering if any one had any other ideas as I don't want to miss out on any good options that hadn't come to my mind. If any one else here teaches guitar, or any other instrument (or some thing similar), what kind of location do you use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Maybe your school? Ask your music teacher about borrowing the music room maybe an hour after school some days.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Maybe your school? Ask your music teacher about borrowing the music room maybe an hour after school some days.

I'm to old for school.

Quote by Poglia
Are you good enough to teach?

Yes I am, but I don't see why you need to ask that.
Quote by jkielq91
I'm to old for school.

Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by jkielq91
I'm to old for school.

He asked because the gear doesn't exactly denote a professional. I understand that there are times when the two don't go hand in hand, saying you're giving professional lessons and then replying with that comes across as more than a little arrogant.

However, if I were you I'd do as said above and attach yourself to a store. I give beginner guitar lessons in a local store. It's a nice flow of cash.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
He asked because the gear doesn't exactly denote a professional. I understand that there are times when the two don't go hand in hand, saying you're giving professional lessons and then replying with that comes across as more than a little arrogant.

However, if I were you I'd do as said above and attach yourself to a store. I give beginner guitar lessons in a local store. It's a nice flow of cash.

Sorry, I just didn't see its connection at all to my question and didn't want to trail of topic. I didn't mean to sound arrogant.

And I didn't mean to sound arrogant. If you want a story, I have completed a one year higher diploma in guitar at the ICMP in London with high grades (bar a Jazz assessment I missed through ill health, which I will take very soon). I have experience and knowledge of a wide range of styles, including motown, rock, blues, country and jazz. Though I'm not good enough to teach Jazz right now, and I don't do much country stuff, but could cover the basics. I have gigging experience and a good fretboard and theory vocabulary.

As for the gear, that's partly what I hope to be able to improve once I'v made some money.

One of the best teachers I'v ever had actually had a couple of Squires which he loved.

-

Any way, thanks for the ideas guys.
Maybe you could try and join a well established music tuition francise? Or if theres nothing like that locally you could just do a "hire me" kinda thing and just do it at their house? One thing that ive seen a few musicians in bands doing is lessons over skype too
Quote by giraffe man
Maybe you could try and join a well established music tuition francise? Or if theres nothing like that locally you could just do a "hire me" kinda thing and just do it at their house? One thing that ive seen a few musicians in bands doing is lessons over skype too

Yeah I'v consider the hire me thing. I'v been thinking about doing that until I find a permanent base. The only problem is I don't drive, and its kind of awkward walking around or taking public transport with a Roland Cube. But I suppose I cant expect a dream situation when I am just starting out with this work.

Skype's possible, but I'd need a webcam and Skype account first. But that's a good idea their. =)

As for the franchise, their is a small music school here but they are already staffed up, and it would assumebly be a full time teacher job, which I dont want to do.

Are their any more national franchises in the UK?
Oh god haha, i would never consider bringing a guitar AND an amp with me on public transport, the occasions that ive brought my guitar on the bus have been awful
Maybe your house isnt as bad as you think it is, the first guitar lessons i ever took were just in the tutors room and it was tiny
You should just ask around at local music stores, you never know what they might have on offer
I have no idea what else might be on offer in the uk, im from australia haha
Quote by giraffe man
Oh god haha, i would never consider bringing a guitar AND an amp with me on public transport, the occasions that ive brought my guitar on the bus have been awful
Maybe your house isnt as bad as you think it is, the first guitar lessons i ever took were just in the tutors room and it was tiny
You should just ask around at local music stores, you never know what they might have on offer
I have no idea what else might be on offer in the uk, im from australia haha

Its bedrooms, bathroom, living room or kitchen to choose from. Unless I teach on the landing.

Maybe I should get a caravan....
a caravan actually sounds really good, bit pricey though. if you become a well established tutor though you could probably pay it off, would definately take a while though
Quote by jkielq91
I'm to old for school.

I don't think you are.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Try attaching yourself to a local guitar store.

This. I've been attaching myself to my local store for the past 2 years.
you're a stone fox
Have you tried TuneNGo.com? I would recommend it, other guitar teachers are teaching there because its free to join and easy to use. You can reach anyone anywhere, without the hassles of skyping.
Quote by TuneNGo
Have you tried TuneNGo.com? I would recommend it, other guitar teachers are teaching there because its free to join and easy to use. You can reach anyone anywhere, without the hassles of skyping.

Unbiased source is unbiased.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Hi there!

Have you checked out takelessons.com? TakeLessons is a nation-wide full service music lesson provider. I work and teach for the company which is based out of San Diego, Ca. We are always hiring instructors all over the US. If you don't have a studio you can choose to travel to a student's home. We pay all of our teachers a fair price and compensate for travel time. We also handle all of the booking, scheduling, marketing, and billing so that you can focus on doing that you love...teaching!

If you have any questions in regards to teaching with TakeLessons, please feel free to contact me through ultimateguitar.com, this thread, or shoot me an email at abustos@takelessons.com

If you would like to check out our website:
http://takelessons.com

Or if you're interested in applying today!:
http://takelessons.com/jobs/apply/ic?s=ultgtr

Best,
Aldo B.
Administrative Assistant
Instructor
takelessons.com
877-231-8505