3 (Okay)
8 47%
4 (Great)
0 0%
5 (AMAZING!)
1 6%
Voters: 17.
Neon Strings?
I recently tried out some Neon Pink guitar strings to see if I wanted to use them for a white out rave located down here in NC. I played them for a week before I decided to use them for the gig. I put them on before a guitar lesson and after the (hour long) lesson I already saw pink flakes of the coating was getting into my pickups and all over my pick guard.

I did some research and what is on is chipping off is a special K3 Coating. I saw that and realizing after an hour it was already falling off?!!

What do you guys have to say about it?
I got black strings once and exactly the same thing happened. After that I realised that strings are meant to last as long as possible and sound good, not look cool. Normal strings are the way forward, not gimmicky coloured ones
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Paddy McK
I got black strings once and exactly the same thing happened. After that I realised that strings are meant to last as long as possible and sound good, not look cool. Normal strings are the way forward, not gimmicky coloured ones

I really am just going to stick with my normal 10 gauge Earnie Ball strings. They haven't failed me, you know?

The color I thought was supposed to stay on -- BUT they have an okay sound. So I MIGHT play them for just the gig because it is a black light gig. But after that -- I will most likely stop with them and put on my Earnie Balls... you know?
Last edited by patteLePugh at Jan 3, 2012,
They are made for show. Really if you are gigging you should change your strings before every show.

If you want neon put them on before.

If you want neon flakes everywhere on your guitar then buy them and play for a few hours at home during practice.
Quote by patteLePugh
I really am just going to stick with my normal 10 gauge Earnie Ball strings. They haven't failed me, you know?

The color I thought was supposed to stay on -- BUT they have an okay sound. So I MIGHT play them for just the gig because it is a black light gig. But after that -- I will most likely stop with them and put on my Earnie Balls... you know?

Yeah man, Ernie Bs are the way
Just out of interest, how much did they cost compared to a normal set?
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Paddy McK
Yeah man, Ernie Bs are the way
Just out of interest, how much did they cost compared to a normal set?

They were like 8.99 USD. But I always get discounts. I think they are like 9.99 USD usually.

Also to someone above (can't remember who)

Yes I do gigs but I can never play with BRAND new strings for a gig. I need to play them for at least three days.

The gig is this friday, so what I am deciding to do is stretch the strings and play them with out a pick, then on the night of the gig I will be able to use them (almost looking new) but still worn in.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

PS.

I'm surprised someone said that they're amazing.