Just finished writing a new instru-metal. Check it out, its called "Back Home". Leave a link and ill be sure to crit back!

www.facebook.com/Brandon.Sollins.Music

"Back Home"
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Nice lead work, very good tone too. I think the drums are a bit too high in the mix perhaps. Guitar playing is excellent. Like when it went unexpectedly fast just before the 2min mark, and again after that. Great soloing over that part. The only thing wrong with that section is that the bass guitar is quite low in the mix and there's no other rhythm guitar so it maybe sounds a touch empty. Not a massive deal though. Overall, I really like the song, your lead work is really top notch.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28852462#post28852462

Ps. your other stuff was good too, so I liked you on facebook
Last edited by MetalCommand at Jan 3, 2012,
Really nice stuff here. It's got an evil Steve Vai feel to it. Good tone for the lead guitar. I really liked the sudden increases in tempo at 1:49 and 2:12. Those solos had a definite Slayer influence, plenty of demented whammy and wah abuse there. My biggest complaint is there isn't a rhythm guitar in all of this and the bass is so low in the mix that it comes off as a series of solos over a metronome rather than a song. The guitar riffs are solid, particularly that one that comes in at 1:37. With a stronger bass and/or a rhythm guitar part under some of the solos, I think this could be a much stronger composition. Your chops are through the roof and I like your style a lot. All you need is a fuller rhythm section and you're set.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1508654
Thanks for the crits guys! I wrote this a long time ago with the intention of having it as a 3 piece (one gtr, one bass, and one drum track). I hated it so much I decided to layer it pretty hard lol. I guess I didnt layer it enough!
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
sound quality is pretty good. was it done in a studio or home stuff? not quite my style of music, but the playing seems well done. pretty clean playing and decent tone for this style. i like the guitar that sounds like its swirling around you. i like when people do things like that. overall, i cant really see anything wrong with it other than the style and tone arent the kind i go for, but thats not really a bad thing....just different. cool tune, good playing keep it up.