Hi,

Its either the Fender Mustang II or the Vox VT40+ to go with my Epiphone Les Paul Standard that I got for Christmas.

Does anyone know which one is better?

Thanks

Rig: Epiphone Les Paul E-Club Standard
Vox VT40+
I haven't tried the Vox, but I do own and use a Fender Mustang and I am very happy with it! If you get it I advise you spend some time with the Fuse software that comes with it, you can finely tweak the sound and get pretty much anything you want, if it isn't anything super specific. But again I am saying this with no experience with the Vox, so make sure you do your homework and research that as well. Cheers
Total opposite here, I have a VT20+, smaller brother of the VT40+ and I've never tried the Mustangs. I'm also happy with the Vox. The difference is that to get the best out of the Mustang you need to use the Fuse software, as risk182 has said. The Vox is much simpler and everything is done on the amp. It's not designed to connect to a PC like the Mustang is.

So there you go, your choice will depend on whether you like the PC connectivity or not, and also on the much larger preset base you get with the Mustang. The Vox presets on the internet are there but much fewer in number. But how many David Gilmour presets do you want anyway?
I got the Vox My dad bought it today and it's so cool. My ears have been ringing non stop for ages.....

Rig: Epiphone Les Paul E-Club Standard
Vox VT40+
Quote by risk182
I haven't tried the Vox, but I do own and use a Fender Mustang and I am very happy with it! If you get it I advise you spend some time with the Fuse software that comes with it, you can finely tweak the sound and get pretty much anything you want, if it isn't anything super specific. But again I am saying this with no experience with the Vox, so make sure you do your homework and research that as well. Cheers

i completely agree with this. i've messed around with the mustang a lot and the tone is great. i've played through and actually recorded with the gdec and the tone is great.

and to one of the comments about the mustangs potential only really being reached on the computer, you can access most if not all the effects on board the amp, no computer necessary. using the FUSE software allows you to use more things at once.

you can also get jam tracks on SD cards that you can just plug into the mustang and play along with. its a really neat amp that actually sounds really good for the money. by far the best modeler i've played thus far