My band shot a group video in a certain location,but we didn't brought our amplifiers because they seem to small for a video clip.(frontman 25R, vox15-25)
It happens to be that our drummer specialize in video editing and he told us that he can emulate a 3D amplifier and put it virtually in our clip, but the problem is that if we stand after the amplifier he need to cut in every frame the amplifier in a logical way, and it is a tedious job, just to throw some numbers, each frame can take up to 10 minutes, and a 3 minutes clip contains about 4500 frames... that's unseasonable 750hours of editing.
FYI, he edits in sony vegas 11,and creates a 3d model in some 3dmodeling program(3d box "wrapped" in an amplifier image)
Do you know a program\technique that can shorted the editing time?
What other suggestions do you have if we will choose to redo the shooting?

thanks.

and BTY, heres a clip that is similar in concept and locations to our own project clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfF_zSS5O6c
wow... what a great idea... my Paypal account is "Danypoorman",be sure to send the money in shcekels cuz, the dollar are low this day, and i dont have the power to change it to the local currency
Legit.

By the way, that video you posted was terribly awkward. I hope your band didn't do the cute little dance that those guys were doing.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
OP, you're a clever man with your scheme.

No honestly, it will probably be better without the amp, no-one cares if you have amps in a video or not.
Fight the evolution, play large intervals!
He's doing it wrong. That's why. That's now how it works, you don't need to do every frame seperately.

Say you have a 100 frame piece of clip. You can move an object from frame 1 to frame 100 in a single direction and the software will do it itself.
Last edited by AJScott at Jan 3, 2012,
so the implied question is simple,is it better to play without amps or with little ones?
you might need to know that we intend to make the clip a story focus and even when we see the band members it would be something like60-40%, were 60 would be solo shoots on distinct location(abandoned house, tank.. and other cool places), so the band shoots would be something like 40-50 seconds max.

btw, i understood that in the clip that i've sent the amp were actually a plyboard with a scanned image of the amp, but im not sure if it really is fake.

edit:AJscott, how is it logical to move the amp as the vidoe goes?
i tought that there might be a program that can recognize movement and therefor self edit the frames in the video, if someone can help on that matter it would be well appreciated.

edit2: and here our current band picture, in the location of our shooting
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=218107971601640&set=a.179721538773617.46467.179698232109281&type=3&theater
dont mind the amps logical Choice...
Last edited by dany_100 at Jan 3, 2012,
They didn't do their research well though. There's no way that guitar sounds like it's coming through a mesa rec
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
our audience demographic so far are the locals in the age group of 14-17 so sparkle all the way!