Page 1 of 3
I mean literally. I just hit the alarm and sleep for another two hours, and I'm getting sick of it. I've tried placing a number of alarms around the house and getting up to turn them off, but I just return to slumberland. And before and hardcore people get in there first, yes, I have tried getting up through sheer force of will. It works about 40% of the time...

So has anyone got any particular tricks that get them straight out of bed and on with their lives?
I've driven 102,888 extra miles for every 1 mile an environmentalist has walked....
I have two alarms, one near the bed that wakes me up with music, and one more that is located on my desk a few meters away. I have to light some lamps up and pull of the curtains to get some light in, maybe put on the computer to make some noise. That helps, but I'm not exactly a morning person so I might still lie in bed for a while.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Not usually. I suck at getting up. Unless I'm getting some that day, that'll get me to wake up.
Don't lay back down after you've been up to turn off the alarm you have cleverly located a relatively long distance away from your sleeping place.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Get an erection.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Quote by walidb123
my alarm is irritating which always gets me up then i just open the curtains and wash my face.

dunno, a cup of tea helps too.

If I drink tea in the morning it makes me windy
My rumbling stomach.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
My brothers xbox is now in my room so the temptation to play skyrim usually gets me up, i dont actually leave the bed though
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
fear of missing a game or falling asleep again and missing lunch

If it's something I really want to do then I'll be up as early as possible for it but if it isn't important or I don't like it then I can't get out of bed.
cat
Morning wood makes sure I'm already up in the morning.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
I think you can get an alarm app on your phone that makes you solve math problems before it shuts off. I always thought that was a good idea.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Quote by hendrixfreak93
I think you can get an alarm app on your phone that makes you solve math problems before it shuts off. I always thought that was a good idea.

I would actually break that if I couldn't solve it first try.

I'm an awful morning person, so I have no advice other than find yourself some routine to get into on days where you aren't doing anything. Exercise, music, work etc. Anything just to make you have to be up.
Knowing that when I get back home I can go back to bed.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
The buses that go past my house and then accelerate out of the speed-bump just after my house.
Sounds like this:

rrrrrrr Bbbrbrbrbrbbbrbrbrbr RBRBRBRBRBBRBRBBBREAYHOW
Get more sheer force of will? It's really not that hard.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by whoomit
If I drink tea in the morning it makes me windy

This >_> Well actually just drinking tea in general makes me windy.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I'm the worst getter-upper ever. Just like you, I wake up to my alarm and then out for the count again. I've tried putting it across the room but what happens is I get up to turn it off but then it's ****ing freezing in my room so I say to myself "ah sure I'll just get under the covers for warmth", then I awake hours later.

Haha that's me all over, my room is bloody cold.

And yes I'm awful for getting up on time, but this is mostly because of my bad sleeping routine. I stay up to ungodly hours either because I don't exercise enough, therefore not tired enough, I procrastinate something serious and the internet being bloody addictive.
I'm always late for things due to lying in , and the only time I ever wake up early is when I've been drinking the night before, because my body needs water. I think I got up at 3pm today
Quote by lushacrous
Get more sheer force of will? It's really not that hard.

It can be for us owls, you lark.

Edit:
Quote by Duffman123
This >_> Well actually just drinking tea in general makes me windy.

Let's agree never to drink tea together
Quote by whoomit
Let's agree never to drink tea together

Well we may as well just end it all now then, there's no point of living when there's no tea.
Quote by whoomit
It can be for us owls, you lark.

Stop being an owl, you [insulting name that you've never heard before].
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Quote by Duffman123
Well we may as well just end it all now then, there's no point of living when there's no tea.

No no, you got me all wrong. We can still drink tea.

Just not the two of us together.

Edit:
Quote by lushacrous
Stop being an owl, you [insulting name that you've never heard before].

Owls are late night people, and larks are early morning people. Sorry to have caused offence.
Last edited by whoomit at Jan 3, 2012,
I have an alarm, but in general I wake up before it. Unless it's particularly early (before 6 or so) or I had a long night I don't generally require any sort of coaxing to get up.
I'm terrible for this. I started moving my alarm to the other end of the room, so I had to get out of bed to turn it off... now some days I just wake up at mid-day, asleep on the floor at the other end of the room instead.

Doesn't seem to be a lot you can do. I've had buckets of cold water near my alarm to dip my head into on particularly important mornings before, when I've had exams and things.
Quote by whoomit
Edit:

Owls are late night people, and larks are early morning people. Sorry to have caused offence.

I'm sorry for ever lashing out at you

"Lark" just sounds like the most stereotypical European insult ever to me
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by whoomit
No no, you got me all wrong. We can still drink tea.

Just not the two of us together.

I enjoyed our b2b post-tea farts, but fine then
The knowledge that I will soon get my morning dose of coffee and Rage Against The Machine.
Self discipline. If you lack this, try joining the military.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
I deliberately pick up my girlfriend and walk with her to school every morning so I get up. On days when she's not coming in till later I just lay in and am late for school because I can't be assed to get up.

So, find someone at school you can walk to school with who will be annoyed with you if you don't meet them on time.
Quote by Jimothy
I mean literally. I just hit the alarm and sleep for another two hours, and I'm getting sick of it

this. but more like 3-4 hours

Quote by hendrixfreak93

that sounds great! do you know what it's called?
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Quote by papershredder
that sounds great! do you know what it's called?

I just got one called Alarm clock xtreme free. Might be better ones out there.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by lushacrous
I'm sorry for ever lashing out at you

"Lark" just sounds like the most stereotypical European insult ever to me

Now that you mention it, it kinda does
Quote by Duffman123
I enjoyed our b2b post-tea farts, but fine then

I'm sorry Duffman, but it's in the interest of safety.
I don't have problems, 2 alarms do the job. I often don't remember the first one, but the second one triggers a reaction of getting up.
I hardly believe that 10 consecutive alarms with a delay of about 3 minutes wouldn't get you up.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
A couple of alarms and the promise of a nice steaming mug of Twinings English Breakfast tea.
Page 1 of 3