So, I think of buying an used Ibanez Prestige. I've looked at a RG1570 for some time, and I relly liked it when i tried it. But I just cant decide if I should buy the 1570 and a tremol-no(to be able to tune down etc, without hours of tuning) or just buy another one, with maybe a gibraltar.

So what do you guys think? Do I need a tremolo? I play almost everything but like metall
most. I haven't seen so many songs that need one. There are some A7X, In Flames etc.

So if not, are there any good ibanez prestige without edge tremolofor about the same price? 700-800$(used). I have seen the RGT6EXFX for 650$, how is that one?

I have read some reviews here and both seem really good.

Thanks!
honestly, i'd say go for the tremolo, because once you learn how to get the hang of tuning with it, youll prefer it, plus. if you truly cant handle it. block the bridge
The reviews on UG are a joke. 99% give 9's or 10's and review their first week when theyre still giddy about it.

The 1570 is a fantastic guitar.
The rg1451 prestige can be found for 750-800$ new (fixed bridge)
Coincidentally, I have a 1570, with a Tremol-no installed. I love the guitar, and the Tremol-no, well it does an ok job but I wouldn't expect too much out of it. It allows me to go between E, Drop D or Eb (only tunings I play really) quicker than if it was floating, but it's not perfect and you still may have to make some adjustments if you change the tuning. As for if you need a trem for what you play, only you can decide that.
Quote by IbanezIceman09
Try the Morpheus Drop Tune Pedal. It is perfect for a locking tremolo.

Only changes down steps, so it's a no go for drop or open tunings. Plus, it's pretty expensive.
ok, thanks for all quick answers. But what happens if you tune down your guitar more that the tremolno can handle? Are there any chance of damaging it?
Quote by griffin888
Only changes down steps, so it's a no go for drop or open tunings. Plus, it's pretty expensive.

You can use the Morpheus Drop Tune for Drop Tunings. You would of course have to tune the guitar to drop D.
Quote by ville525
I have seen the RGT6EXFX for 650$, how is that one?

A friend of mine actually traded for one of these yesterday, he was looking at buying some fixed bridge Prestige and settled on it instead. After he set it up it supposedly plays pretty well and feels great. I haven't seen it or played it yet but I know he has a good eye/feel for guitars.

There's 3 different versions of that guitar btw, the Indonesian-made ones have a Mahogany body instead of basswood.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
... Ibanez prestige tremolo is more stabile and more durable when compared to original floyd rose. You can go to C tuning, or maybe Drop A, you only have to set spring tension by adjusting a simple knob at the back of guitar. Ibanez trems are lots easier to drop tune when compared to all other trems because of it's knob at back. And yet, Ibanez guitars are nothing without trems. They are made for that, so buy one with trem. I recommend 1570z.
Quote by cemges
... Ibanez prestige tremolo is more stabile and more durable when compared to original floyd rose. You can go to C tuning, or maybe Drop A, you only have to set spring tension by adjusting a simple knob at the back of guitar. Ibanez trems are lots easier to drop tune when compared to all other trems because of it's knob at back. And yet, Ibanez guitars are nothing without trems. They are made for that, so buy one with trem. I recommend 1570z.

You are so very misinformed. Some trems in prestiges cannot really be tuned that low.
The zero 2 can only house 2 springs and prolly wont hold the tension of drop a. Even with tighter springs. The edge pro has no tension knob either, just the screws.
Ibanez guitars without trems are awesome too, what a dumb statement.

If you get a 1570, get the edge pro bridge one.