my aunt gives me like $100 and my parents would give me $40. i could probably scrape together another 200. so wat do you guys think about the squier hh and hss? along with the peavey vypyr.
Squiers are definitely nice guitars for the money IMO, I've got a Squier Standard Strat(the SSS one, though I'm working on getting a Duncan JB put in the bridge so it'll be HSS), and two of my buddies had an Affinity Strat and a Standard, respectively, and they're built like tanks and sound very nice for budget-priced guitars(blow the hell outta most Epis IMO, certainly at the $200 mark).

I've heard good things about Vypyrs, but honestly I've never played one(though I never liked any of the half-dozen Peavey ampsI tried, among them the oh-so-lauded 6505). What kinda stuff are you wanting to play? The Roland Cubes have decent cleans and nice hi-gain distortions, though I can't say I recommend them for classic rock-y applications. Just...do yourself a favor, don't touch lower-end Marshalls(admittedly the Dave Mustaine signature MG doesn't sound too bad, but otherwise I've yet to play a non-JCM Marshall I really liked...), and don't get a Line6 Spider of any sort, they're not as bad as the Marshall MGs, but you can definitely do better. Cheers and good luck in your search!

EDIT:Blah, I forgot, the Fender Mustang amps are *VERY* nice modeling amps for the price! A little complex(I spent about an hour total with them, and I haven't figured out how to adjust the speed/rate/volume/etc. of the effects yet), maybe, but they're *VERY* nice-sounding amps, and you can get a big 2x12 one for $500 here so I'd assume you could snag a little one for about $100.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Last edited by Enix165 at Jan 3, 2012,
Quote by Enix165
Squiers are definitely nice guitars for the money IMO, I've got a Squier Standard Strat(the SSS one, though I'm working on getting a Duncan JB put in the bridge so it'll be HSS), and two of my buddies had an Affinity Strat and a Standard, respectively, and they're built like tanks and sound very nice for budget-priced guitars(blow the hell outta most Epis IMO, certainly at the $200 mark).

I've heard good things about Vypyrs, but honestly I've never played one(though I never liked any of the half-dozen Peavey ampsI tried, among them the oh-so-lauded 6505). What kinda stuff are you wanting to play? The Roland Cubes have decent cleans and nice hi-gain distortions, though I can't say I recommend them for classic rock-y applications. Just...do yourself a favor, don't touch lower-end Marshalls(admittedly the Dave Mustaine signature MG doesn't sound too bad, but otherwise I've yet to play a non-JCM Marshall I really liked...), and don't get a Line6 Spider of any sort, they're not as bad as the Marshall MGs, but you can definitely do better. Cheers and good luck in your search!

EDIT:Blah, I forgot, the Fender Mustang amps are *VERY* nice modeling amps for the price! A little complex(I spent about an hour total with them, and I haven't figured out how to adjust the speed/rate/volume/etc. of the effects yet), maybe, but they're *VERY* nice-sounding amps, and you can get a big 2x12 one for $500 here so I'd assume you could snag a little one for about $100.

the guys at gibson are total money mongers. anyways im looking for a good practice amp that wont get me evicted . i play metal, hard rock and pop rock. mostly metal though. so im looking for a very versatile amp with good distortion and also a good clean sound.
Vox vt series, peavey vypyr and roland cube.
All have anti-eviction plug ins (headphone jack), and will suit what you play.

In my opinion its Vox>Roland>Peavey>Fender>Poo on a stick> Line 6 spider.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Vox vt series, peavey vypyr and roland cube.
All have anti-eviction plug ins (headphone jack), and will suit what you play.

In my opinion its Vox>Roland>Peavey>Fender>Poo on a stick> Line 6 spider.

what do u think about the digitech death pedal? i think it sounds pretty awesome.