I'm looking for a cab thats versatile but with a great metal sound as well to go with my mesa simul class 395.My budget is about 300 pounds and I was wondering If it would be better to buy a Bogner alchemist 2x12 for that price or a mesa lonestar 1x12
Last edited by musicanywhere at Jan 3, 2012,
2 speakers... vs. one speaker. you could easily swap out one and experiment with different sounds. Its stereo as well...

Also, bogner has quite a name coming up lately.
Really? that makes sense but I have a mesa simul class 395 power amp.Do you think the sounds would mesh together well?
I wouldn't consider the Lonestar a metal amp in the slightest. Haven't tried the Bogner.
I realize he's using a dual rectifier head but the cab seems to be handling it well.Im not sure how much of that is the head and how much is the cab though
People always reccoment V30s for metal... In which case, get yourself on Thomann.de, Harley Benton 2x12 with V30s for around £165
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
To tell you the truth I find the v30 sound a bit saturated.I like something that comes forward a bit more
Quote by musicanywhere
I realize he's using a dual rectifier head but the cab seems to be handling it well.Im not sure how much of that is the head and how much is the cab though

The Lonestar is essentially a fender-ish amp. It can get heavy, but I wouldn't say metal territory.
your talking about the lonestar 1x12 cab right?.I might've not made it clear that I was referring to the cab instead of the combo in the title....sorry
Last edited by musicanywhere at Jan 3, 2012,
Go for a 2nd hand Orange 212 closed back.

Far far superior.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by musicanywhere
I'm looking for an amp thats versatile but with a great metal sound as well.My budget is about 300 pounds and I was wondering If it would be better to buy a Bogner alchemist 2x12 for that price or a mesa lonestar 1x12

Might want to fix that then.
yeah, i tried to fix that and was able to change the original post, but for some reason its not letting me change the title.

I've never played an Orange, but from what i've heard, I find the Orange tends to sound a little whiney, I find the sound of the C90's in the Lonestar pretty well balanced, however i am only able to afford a 1x12 right now, so im not sure how much that will take away from the sound.Right now I'm mostly gonna be using it for recording but it might be problem in the future when I start gigging.