Page 1 of 11
romeozdistress purchased a Vypyr 60. The quest is over.

Nope. Vypyr died. Bought a Jet City

He needs assistance:

Budget: $500-$600'ish USD
Genres: Blues to Modern Metal. Specifically like Jack White, Hendrix, on up to Mustaine and Dimebag. Metal thrash, metalcore, hardcore, folk, symphonic, goth, pirate, modern.... I love all types. I also love white stripes like I said
New or Used: I don't think it matters but he probably prefers new.
Home or Gig: Mostly home but would like to jam with friends down the road
Closest City: Northern Indiana. Gary, IN
Current Gear: Peavey Vypyr 15, Jackson Kelly JS32T, Digitech Metal Master

romeoozdistress - I've decided to help you out a bit further. I almost reported you today but decided to not be a dick and have now created this monstrosity of an OP Hey man, I remember what it was like trying to figure out my first tube amp. I got a Valveking. Long since sold, but a decent amp.

I first went through all your threads to see what was complete or missing etc.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=8659477
There was a lot of redundancy. At first I was a bit perturbed because you've got almost a dozen New Amp threads since summertime. I realize that some of those were pre-Vypyr. To your credit, some of your threads are very good, they give us the things we need (Budget, Genres, Home or Gig, etc.) but some are pretty bad, like your HT5 thread and your Kustom thread. The reason why we don't like redundant threads is because ultimately it can waste the time of other users - mainly in asking the same question over and over again or recommending things you have no interest in.

For example, you can't start a thread that says "Champ 600, thoughts?" or "Best Metal Amp". That is not a thread. Also, I've noticed that you've had some other 'What X' threads for pickups, guitars, pedals, etc. Do each of those have their own budget or are you just not sure how you want to spend your money? Also, what is your last and final budget for this go-around? I've seen $200 - $600. What is your ideal budget?

Additionally, I want to make you aware of a few things that maybe you've already figured out. With your budget, finding an amp that will do metal AND blues is no easy task. Similarly, finding an amp that will excel at Jack White -to- Dimebag is not going to be easy either. Also, it is my opinion that in order to do anything modern metal (post Thrash) you need more than 10-20 watts. The more the watts the more the headroom. That is important when it comes to clean sweeping, tapping and palm mutes, for example. If all you want is crunchy stuff maybe up to early Metallica then a small watter may do. Otherwise, go big.

Regarding your current Vypyr 15 - I realize you are not happy with it. They are not for everyone. They are what they are which in your case, is a $99 practice amp. I can guarantee you that the Vypyr 60 is a different animal. But like you said, maybe you just don't want a modeler....and that's cool. I would encourage you to go play a Vypyr 60 if you get a chance. It can handle multiple types of metal as well as blues and mid gain crunch with no problems. Part of the issue with the Vypyr 15 is that small 8" speaker and lack of some of the other features.

Bands that you are into: Jack White, Frusciante, Hendrix, Hetfield, Hammett, Mustaine, Kerry King, Dimebag. Is that correct?

Amps you've been recommended so far: Vypyr 60 and 75, Fender Mustang III, Vox VTs, 5150 212, 6505+112, B52s, Bugera 333xl and 6260, Valveking, Marshall Class 5, Jet Cities, Crate Flexwave, Blackstar HTs, Blackheart, Kuston Defender 5, Spider Valve, Ampeg VH140C, Peavey Classic 30, VTM and Ultra+, Carvin XB100. Are there any others you've considered? Can you play these amps anywhere?

You don't want to turn out like this guy did. Banned.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=8659461

tl;dr

Budget: $500-$600'ish USD
Genres: Blues to Modern Metal. Specifically like Jack White, Hendrix, on up to Mustaine and Dimebag. Metal thrash, metalcore, hardcore, folk, symphonic, goth, pirate, modern.... I love all types. I also love white stripes like I said
New or Used: I don't think it matters but he probably prefers new.
Home or Gig: Mostly home but would like to jam with friends down the road
Closest City: Northern Indiana. Gary, IN
Current Gear: Peavey Vypyr 15, Jackson Kelly JS32T, Digitech Metal Master

Option B: Upgrade the speaker to a 10" and save up

GGnA - help us out here. What other things should we be looking at and what other questions do you have?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jun 5, 2012,
reserved

Amps in top contention:

6505+112 (I think he said today was close to buying but he's said that about the Vypry 60
Kustom Defender 5 and the Blackstar HT5
Jet City JCA5012
Peavey Valveking
Crate Blue Voodoo
Randall RM20/50

Amps recommended so far:

Vypyr 60 and 75, Fender Mustang III, Vox VTs, 5150 212, 6505+112, B52s, Bugera 333xl and 6260, Valveking, Marshall Class 5, Jet Cities, Crate Flexwave, Blackstar HTs, Blackheart, Kuston Defender 5, Spider Valve, Randall RG50T, Ampeg VH140C, Peavey Classic 30, VTM and Ultra+, Carvin XB100, Traynor YCV50B, Egnater Tweaker, Crate Blue Voodoo, Mesa Boogie .50 Cal, Peavey XXX, _______
----------------------
Quick check on craigslist so far has bagged a Spider Valve, Valveking, Randall RG75, Crate 65W (might be a Flexwave), Peavey Transtube Supreme half stack (Vypyr predecessor), Line 6 Flextone head, Carvin Valvemaster 100 head?, Crate VFX5212, Vox AD100VT, Peavey XXL stack, Peavey VTM 60 head, Marshall DSL 401, Carvin 100 head, Traynor YCV80, Crate Flexwave, Peavey Ultra 112 60, etc

http://chicago.craigslist.org/searc...=250&maxAsk=600

OK...so now we're talking

Crate Blue Voodoo stack $600
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/msg/2771565243.html

Peavey XXX 112 60 $400 (pretty good do all amp)
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/msg/2778054845.html

Mesa Boogie .50 Cal $475 (pretty versatile)
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/msg/2760344636.html

Peavey Vypyr 60 WITH Sanpera $420 (very versatile)
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/2775741030.html

B52 AT100 Stack $600 (worth consideration)
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/msg/2769301593.html

Peavey Valveking 100 stack $500
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/msg/2742524279.html

there are some other nice amps that are just above your budget too, so there is nothing wrong with holding out and saving up more

Mesa Boogie Mark III Blue Stripe head $575
Laney GH100L head $600
Randall RM100 head with 2 modules $600

----------------------

Amps Played:

Peavey Vypyr 15
Roland Cube of some kind

Amps to cross off:

Peavey Windsor Studio

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 31, 2012,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Can you play these amps anywhere?

I don't live in Northern Indiana but I can be in Fort Wayne in a couple of hours and there is a Guitar Center, Sweetwater, and various other music stores there. South Bend has a few music stores. And if he's anywhere near Gary then he has the entire Chicagoland area of stores.
Quote by Strats&Cats
Used Traynor YCV50 Blue?

Great suggestion. I've played that amp before along with some other Traynors. This one has EL34 power tubes and a great preamp. Celestion Vintage 30 and a Clean channel to boot. May struggle a bit with modern tones but has a nice clean channel and can do thrash with a boost, maybe on its own.

Quote by Sputnik1
I don't live in Northern Indiana but I can be in Fort Wayne in a couple of hours and there is a Guitar Center, Sweetwater, and various other music stores there. South Bend has a few music stores. And if he's anywhere near Gary then he has the entire Chicagoland area of stores.

That is exactly what I was thinking/hoping. Maybe he'll clue us in.
First off,

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
this monstrosity of an OP

Quite right

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Blues to Modern Metal.

Gonna be hard for one amp, no matter the budget. Especially if modeling (amps that is) aren't his thing.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I've decided to help you out a bit further

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Budget: $400'ish USD......ellipsis......New or Used: I don't think it matters but he probably prefers new.

$400....new........blues.....metal......everything in between............used it is then.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Bands that you are into: Jack White, Frusciante

Woah, when did jack and john come into this? No amp will do all of that well. A nice marshall might (with a boost for metal) but for $400.......good luck finding one....
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
But like you said, maybe you just don't want a modeler....and that's cool

If that's the case, I'd say just save up. IMO, the vypyr tube is going to be the best thing you can get for that price. You'd have to go used anyway
If you don't want a modeling amp, everyone understands but like ZOSOVHJH (tired of everyone calling you 311) mentioned, the vypyr tube is pretty different from the SS ones. If I remember correctly the amp models and effects are the same? but I hated my vypyr and loved the tube 60.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You don't want to turn out like this guy did. Banned.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=8659461

Not much that'll do all of that. If you want versatility, a tweaker 15 might appeal to you but it won't really do modern metal. Nails fender tones IMO. Vypyr tube is probably your best bet but if you don't like it, we respect that.

Have a nice night (or day!)
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
alrighty. first off thanks man. as far as the music im into. its all metal thrash, metalcore, hardcore, folk, symphonic, goth, pirate, modern.... I love all types. I also love white stripes like I said. I am mostly interested in a high gain amp. High wattage is fine, I've realized that would be best.

At a time I was considered going like $300 so I could also grab another budget guitar. But then I'm realizing I dont want to get something im not entirely happy with. Because then I'll want to upgrade again and I'd like to have this for a long time without upgrading. So I'm thinking I'll go up to as much as 600, although id hope to be around 500.

As for trying amps out. All I saw at guitar center tube wise..was a couple voxs, the marshall class 5 and the peavey 6505 combos.. Havent had a chance to try them yet but I will be this weekend.

As for choice I've been really researching the peavey 6505 112. I'm not sure about the peavey vypyr 60, and JCA5012C. but I do like the price on the vypyr. I've been watching alot of reviews on everything. Such a hard decision. Lately peavey windsor studio and the valvekings have caught my attention. I just want to make sure the good crunch is there.

Id prefer new, but if I can get a really awesome deal id do used. thanks for the suggestions.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
crate blue voodoo could be found in that range with a cab. probably not the best cab, but something you could sell and improve on down the road.

the blue voodoo (blue tolex) is very underrated. it is really finicky IMO. for some reason i can dial mesa mark IV's faster than this. once you hit the sweet spot, it sounds pretty good. i paid $200 for my head with one of those transferable warranties (lol nobody else touches my gear), and fresh tubes (receipt was within a week of me buying it).

IMO the blue voodoo would be better than a Valve King head (i have owned both), and you don't need the boost, eq, dummy jack, etc.

i have picked up a ton of shitty cabs way cheaper than that, all of them with some really nice speakers (if they didn't i would not have had all of the cabs)

when i have time i will be gutting out all of my cabs and selling them unloaded (with the exception of the Orange cabs, mesa cab, and the randall (1x15" 2x12") and build cabs for everything.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Jan 3, 2012,
HOLAY HAL

Swing by GC on Grape road, check out woodwind and brasswind as well, can't remember where in town it is though. They will have a better selection of amps, trust me.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
updated OP

Personally I'd scratch off the Windsor Studio. It might be able to do Thrash with a boost but ultimately I don't think you'll be happy it. It's older brother the Windsor 100 head is massive beast of a JCM800 clone but again, won't be geared toward anything modern without some modifications. They are cheap and have good tone otherwise.

Keep us posted and play as many amps as you can with your own guitar. Go as early in the morning as possible. Call the manager in advance and ask them what they have and can you take some of these amps into the loud room. I did that when I first started out and they were actually very helpful. If you show up on Saturday night at 8pm and it is packed you won't get much help.

I have actually even taken my own picks, cables and tuner to GC in addition to my guitar.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 3, 2012,
Quote by Guitarbaddie
HOLAY HAL

Swing by GC on Grape road, check out woodwind and brasswind as well, can't remember where in town it is though. They will have a better selection of amps, trust me.

I went to GC not oo long ago. Woodwind and braswind closed down I think tu the guys opned up music factory direct. I still have not made it up there yet. pretty soon though.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by trashedlostfdup
crate blue voodoo could be found in that range with a cab. probably not the best cab, but something you could sell and improve on down the road.

the blue voodoo (blue tolex) is very underrated. it is really finicky IMO. for some reason i can dial mesa mark IV's faster than this. once you hit the sweet spot, it sounds pretty good. i paid $200 for my head with one of those transferable warranties (lol nobody else touches my gear), and fresh tubes (receipt was within a week of me buying it).

IMO the blue voodoo would be better than a Valve King head (i have owned both), and you don't need the boost, eq, dummy jack, etc.

i have picked up a ton of shitty cabs way cheaper than that, all of them with some really nice speakers (if they didn't i would not have had all of the cabs)

when i have time i will be gutting out all of my cabs and selling them unloaded (with the exception of the Orange cabs, mesa cab, and the randall (1x15" 2x12") and build cabs for everything.

Ive been keeping an eye out for the blue voodoos on ebay havent found one that cheap yet. the best ive seen is over $300.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
updated OP

Personally I'd scratch off the Windsor Studio. It might be able to do Thrash with a boost but ultimately I don't think you'll be happy it. It's older brother the Windsor 100 head is massive beast of a JCM800 clone but again, won't be geared toward anything modern without some modifications. They are cheap and have good tone otherwise.

Keep us posted and play as many amps as you can with your own guitar. Go as early in the morning as possible. Call the manager in advance and ask them what they have and can you take some of these amps into the loud room. I did that when I first started out and they were actually very helpful. If you show up on Saturday night at 8pm and it is packed you won't get much help.

I have actually even taken my own picks, cables and tuner to GC in addition to my guitar.

Alright sounds good. I'm just trying to see whats in and whats out. Windsor is out. I looked at all the amps guitar center had. and i dont think they have a loud room. all the amps are set up in the guitar area. and they have a room with all thee acoustic stuff. but thre is another music store im gonna check out.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
Ive been keeping an eye out for the blue voodoos on ebay havent found one that cheap yet. the best ive seen is over $300.

different markets are different. try craigslist or comparable classifieds site. they are going to be more expensive if you buy them on ebay, because shipping amps is expensive.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by romeozdistress
I went to GC not oo long ago. Woodwind and braswind closed down I think tu the guys opned up music factory direct. I still have not made it up there yet. pretty soon though.

I thought the same thing like 2 years ago the last time I was there, took me forever to find the place.

It's tucked away some place off the high in some industrial park.

Check google maps, it's just off US-31, butttttttt it's closed like you said

Damnit, I hate GC

edit: Crate BVs are all over GC used for 300 for the head.

Still need dat cab sawn
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Last edited by Guitarbaddie at Jan 3, 2012,
Quote by Guitarbaddie
I thought the same thing like 2 years ago the last time I was there, took me forever to find the place.

It's tucked away some place off the high in some industrial park.

Check google maps, it's just off US-31, butttttttt it's closed like you said

Damnit, I hate GC

http://www.musicfactorydirect.com/c-518-guitar-amp.aspx

they have this place now in mishawaka. i have yet to check it out.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by trashedlostfdup
different markets are different. try craigslist or comparable classifieds site. they are going to be more expensive if you buy them on ebay, because shipping amps is expensive.

will do. the craigslist for this area usually really sucks. hardly anything that interests me.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
http://www.musicgoround.com/search.aspx?q=crate&cid=1&scid=159&sid=0&d=10&c=10&ob=6&p=1
there are a few blue voodoo's on these pages. check em out. sure you could find other amps with the search function
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Vypyr Tube. Really.

No other amp can touch the Vypyr Tube in any way in that budget when it comes to sheer versatility/sound quality.

You certainly won't be happy trying to nail all of that stuff with a non-modeling amp. It just won't happen.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Vypyr Tube. Really.

No other amp can touch the Vypyr Tube in any way in that budget when it comes to sheer versatility/sound quality.

You certainly won't be happy trying to nail all of that stuff with a non-modeling amp. It just won't happen.

thats what im beginning to think. clearly becoming a great choice.

nightwish(with tarja) and fall of troy are awesome btw.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by Ippon
Props to 311ZOSOVHJH!!!

For the budget, the Vypyr appears to be the best way to go; otherwise, you'd need way more amps and/or more $$$.

seems to be the case.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Even if you get a vypyr tube head you may not want to rule out a Blue Voodoo cab. A lot of them had V30's in them. They sell for cheap too.
Quote by romeozdistress
thats what im beginning to think. clearly becoming a great choice.

nightwish(with tarja) and fall of troy are awesome btw.

Seems like most people love Tarja. I really like Anette much more. Imaginaerum is one of my favorite albums now. It's so good.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
im mostly likely going for the tube 60 combo.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I'm not a fan of modelling amps but in this case I think the correct answer is Vyper tube. Although, the Traynor would be nice.

What you really need is my Abbey (as if you'd ever find one ), or more feasibly, more money to spend on something like a Mark V but that's for another day. For today the Vyper 60 is the right answer.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Offworld92
Seems like most people love Tarja. I really like Anette much more. Imaginaerum is one of my favorite albums now. It's so good.

oh my god, shes just horrible. i cant stand symphonic metal with american style singers like amy lee.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by Cathbard
I'm not a fan of modelling amps but in this case I think the correct answer is Vyper tube. Although, the Traynor would be nice.

What you really need is my Abbey (as if you'd ever find one ), or more feasibly, more money to spend on something like a Mark V but that's for another day. For today the Vyper 60 is the right answer.

thanks for the input.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Well, I've already praised the Vypyr 60 in some of your other threads so I won't beat a dead a horse.

I'm assuming you are near Gary, IN?

Quick check on craigslist so far has bagged a Spider Valve, Valveking, Randall RG75, Crate 65W (might be a Flexwave), Peavey Transtube Supreme half stack (Vypyr predecessor), Line 6 Flextone head, Carvin Valvemaster 100 head?, Crate VFX5212, Vox AD100VT, Peavey XXL stack, Peavey VTM 60 head, Marshall DSL 401, Carvin 100 head, Traynor YCV80, Crate Flexwave, Peavey Ultra 112 60, etc

http://chicago.craigslist.org/search/msg?query=amp&srchType=A&minAsk=250&maxAsk=600

there are some other nice amps that are just above your budget too, so there is nothing wrong with holding out and saving up more

Laney GH100L head $600

Edit: Thanks Ippon
ima going to +1 the blue/black voodoos. they really can nail some sweet, and yet versatile tones. only probably might be how loud they are.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Well, I've already praised the Vypyr 60 in some of your other threads so I won't beat a dead a horse.

I'm assuming you are near Gary, IN?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/search/msg?query=amp&srchType=A&minAsk=250&maxAsk=600

Laney GH100L head $600

Edit: Thanks Ippon

I'm actuaully in South Bend , thats about 90 minutes from Gary. So my local craigslist is michiana. But thanks alot for all the research.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
No problem Just giving you ideas. My list is all of Chicago anyway. I didn't see anything in South Bend.

Keep at it and if you really want an amp, or if the seller really wants to sell you can always arrange to meet in the middle or arrange shipping.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
No problem Just giving you ideas. My list is all of Chicago anyway. I didn't see anything in South Bend.

Keep at it and if you really want an amp, or if the seller really wants to sell you can always arrange to meet in the middle or arrange shipping.

Yeah, the used market here kinda sucks
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Yeah, the used market here kinda sucks

for sure man.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
romeozdistress, you better be thanking 311 a lot. he is working hard on here for you

i wouldn't be nearly as nice. but 311 is probably a nicer guy

one thing that i have to say is you are not going to get your ideal setup for a long times, changes in the music you play, different things as you advance. sometimes you just have to buy stuff, and if it doesn't work well for you sell it. if you are buying used, keep it in the same condition and own it for a few months, odds are you are going to break even or +/-15%

i have own a lot of amps now, but i have probably owned twenty or so total, you may be like me, getting three amps to make my tone, and that is the only way. Splawn ProMod and Splawn Nitro in stereo for dirt (okay maybe a little harder than dirt) and a 1968 bassman for my cleans. would i play it out? probably not, but that is how i do it when bands/people are over for practice/play.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Nah, it's OK Derek. I almost reported him today and decided instead to do the opposite. I saw another guy that got banned for doing far less and that changed my mind. Plus it keeps me in touch with the used market. That and I'm hoping he changes his mind on the Vypyrs.

Quote by trashedlostfdup
romeozdistress, you better be thanking 311 a lot. he is working hard on here for you

i wouldn't be nearly as nice. but 311 is probably a nicer guy

one thing that i have to say is you are not going to get your ideal setup for a long times, changes in the music you play, different things as you advance. sometimes you just have to buy stuff, and if it doesn't work well for you sell it. if you are buying used, keep it in the same condition and own it for a few months, odds are you are going to break even or +/-15%

i have own a lot of amps now, but i have probably owned twenty or so total, you may be like me, getting three amps to make my tone, and that is the only way. Splawn ProMod and Splawn Nitro in stereo for dirt (okay maybe a little harder than dirt) and a 1968 bassman for my cleans. would i play it out? probably not, but that is how i do it when bands/people are over for practice/play.

ohh yeah I am very thankful and thank you as well. so what is everybodys thoughts on the peavey 6505 112?
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
The 6505 is a great amp but you won't be doing blues on it. You can but it's just the wrong amp. It's a metal amp, that's all it does and it does it well.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The 6505 is a great amp but you won't be doing blues on it. You can but it's just the wrong amp. It's a metal amp, that's all it does and it does it well.

im not huge into blues, I was just thinking about learning the technique at some point. I'm mostly into playing metal songs and learning metal techniques for right now. at this point its pretty much down to the 6505 112 vs the vypyr tube 60.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Nah, it's OK Derek. I almost reported him today and decided instead to do the opposite. I saw another guy that got banned for doing far less and that changed my mind. Plus it keeps me in touch with the used market. That and I'm hoping he changes his mind on the Vypyrs.

you are a nice guy. but you have me really considering the vypyr 60. I would get it new and then just grab the footswitch later when I am more advanced.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A