Hey there

basically it speaks for itself , i need to get Akerfeldt output , i know that some might flame about having my own sound , but i really been trying to do so and i didn't manage , but anyway , here it is .....

i live in egypt where the Amp Heads will be having that kind of a static that will be so disturbing , because of some kind of a flaw in the whole country circuit ( which was very frustrating ) , so buying the Laney GH100L is actually not an option =/ , i have PRS SE Akerfeldt Signature , and i will be getting the Seymours Full shreds soon .

now the million dollar Question , how can i manage to get to akerfeldt Tone - knowing that the GT6 which most of the people recommended is discontinued - without having the main factor of that tone , the Amp head ?!

thanks for passing by peeps , cheers !!
So let me see if I can get this right you want the tone of Akerfeldt, but you can not get that amp in Egypt?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yes , the thing is that there is something wrong about the electricity connections here
?

Is it the amp runs at 110v and your country runs at like 210-220v?

Only thing I can think of, but the amp should have a switch for that.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
You can't. You can't get his tone without using his amp.

I mean... that's as basic as it gets. You can't work around that.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
from two minutes of googling:

220V / 50hz

plugs are different and don't have the earth, would need to get an adapter for the proper plug. unless there is something i am missing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Well, Akerfeldt does not use the GT-6 for his tone, only for his effects as far as I know. His main tone is from a Laney VH100R, not the GH.

But then, his tone differs from album to album, as Opeth worked with a whole lotta producers on their albums.

The first three are more like a JCM800 boosted with a Boss HM-2, Still Life being mainly a 5150 and ENGL Savage 120, just like In Flames and Nightrage from that era, with much less gain though. Then I think they had moved on to Recto's and the VH100R, but his main live tone is definitely a VH100R.

You can't really nail his tone without having that exact Laney amp head.
*chugga chugga chuggity chug chug chug*
you want Akerfeldt tone, you need a Laney VH100R simple as. there should be no reason why you cant get one in your country.

if for some reason there is no way of getting one look into a Blackstar S1-200, thats what Frederik uses live and im pretty sure in the studio too so it'll still get you that Opeth sound
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.