So, I own a dean vmnt and I usually play thrash metal like megadeth and metallica. I've only bin playing for a few months and I'm planning on updating my crappy practice amp. I've been wondering if it would be better to get a marshall mg-15 with a good amp modeler (maybe a pod? with a mesa boogie dual rec model) or to just get a randall rg75 and use the amp distortion. If im getting the randall ill probably get a line 6 m13 as well.

Thnx
if those sound good to your ears, keep playing for a while before buying one of those.

hopefully then you will know what you really want.

i am not being a jerk, you ear for tone is not developed yet, and you stated you haven't been playing that long, which is the case for most new guitarists.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Neither
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
^ this.

buying any of that will cost just as much as getting a decent amp later on. seriously dont waste your money on that stuff right now.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
If you get any upgrade, just go with a vypyr or micro cube
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
You may be on the right track here, just being mislead. Maybe go for a pod hd300 and keep the amp you have for now until you find the sound you want.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
bigbrothera

what is your exact practice amp? brand, model etc. if he is upgrading to a MG 15, it could be a truly a bad amp. or just lust for a marshall.

depending on what your amp is would dictate if its worth an upgrade or not.

i have seen some really shitty amps on CL when i was looking earlier, there are plenty of starter amps that are worse than an MG/spider,etc.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i actually enjoyed my roland cube 15 more than my vypyr 15.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
lol i use a squier 10 watt and believe me it REALLY sucks. wasnt planning on using it for long anyway