I find the knob location on my Blues Jr inconvenient since they are located on the top back rather than the top front. If i were gigging and standing up, these knobs would be visable to me. But since I'm usually sitting on the floor or in a chair, these controls are not visable to me and are not convenient to access. Has anyone mod'ed their BJ cabinet to place the controls at the top front?
Quote by Griffin58
I find the knob location on my Blues Jr inconvenient since they are located on the top back rather than the top front. If i were gigging and standing up, these knobs would be visable to me. But since I'm usually sitting on the floor or in a chair, these controls are not visable to me and are not convenient to access. Has anyone mod'ed their BJ cabinet to place the controls at the top front?

I could turn mine around 180 degrees since I use a cabinet lol.

No, it would be a pretty insane mod to attempt. The chassis is a tight fit in there already without trying to turn it around. I wouldn't do it. Besides, you get used to it after a while.
Hawk, tell me how you have utilized your 212 cabinet. I have a Peavey Special 212 that no one wants to buy that I could modify.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1507922

Basically I converted it into a Cabinet by gutting the amp part. Works well.

It improves the BJ immensely, since its a much biggere, more resonant cabinet. A speaker upgrade makes it even better.