just got myself a KH-202 body, and the floyd is fixable (missing one of the string blocks to keep the string in place at the bridge), so now i just need a neck for it, (it has a weird neck joint, instead of four corners and four holes it has 3 corners and halfway through the top) I've heard Ebay is a good option, but i just wanted to see if anyone knew any better ones? I live in NL, Canada so that MAY limit my options or end up costing more shipping.
Current Playing Gear:
Johnson DeQ 2 Distortion Pedal
Peavey ValveKing 1x12 50W Tube Combo
Cool Cat Chorus Pedal
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Ernie Ball Wah Pedal
Last edited by codymrc at Jan 3, 2012,
The best option would be to call ESP and see if they can get you a new neck. It's worth a shot. The only other thing I can think of to get an original is trying to score a good one off ebay.

Or, you could just go to Warmoth and have them build you a custom neck, but that will probably be about $300+ depending on what you get. You would also have to drill and mount the neck yourself since the neck joint isn't the standard 4 hole fender style.

Does your neck have 22 or 24 frets? A 22 fret neck will not work on a guitar with a 24 fret neck because the neck pocket isn't the right size. Usually there is about an inch worth of routing on the body to fit the longer 24 fret neck.

http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/faq2.aspx#KCI
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Last edited by stonyman65 at Jan 3, 2012,
it was originally a 24 fret floyd rose neck, i got the body itself as a project, The original neck didnt come with it, thats why i was wondering if anyone knew a site that sold good necks at good prices
Current Playing Gear:
Cool Cat Chorus Pedal
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Ernie Ball Wah Pedal
or would i be able to take any 24 fret 25.5" neck and re-drill that middle hole to fit my LTD's Neck joint?
Current Playing Gear:
Cool Cat Chorus Pedal
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Ernie Ball Wah Pedal
Quote by codymrc
it was originally a 24 fret floyd rose neck, i got the body itself as a project, The original neck didnt come with it, thats why i was wondering if anyone knew a site that sold good necks at good prices

I think you would be better off calling ESP and getting a replacement or tracking one down online. I know I mentioned earlier to go to Warmoth, but those are pretty pricey and may not even work with the original body.

Good luck!
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by codymrc
or would i be able to take any 24 fret 25.5" neck and re-drill that middle hole to fit my LTD's Neck joint?

Maybe... It really depends on how the neck fits into the neck pocket. re-drilling the hole isn't that big of a deal, but having to modify a neck to make it fit right is something else entirely.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard