Budget: 250usd flex
Genres: Metal, Jazz, Indie, Prog, floyd to btbam, opeth, etc. Post-rock
New or Used: Either
Home or Gig: Both
Closest City: South Bend, IN
Current Gear: See sig.

My PB&J is giving me troubles, and I figured it was time I start upgrading my pedals now that I have the amp setup I want.

Been looking at the Line 6 DL4, ton of features and sounds decent enough to me.

Really looking for something with plenty of features, since I like to play a lot of post-rock/metalish type stuff, that and floyd. Like to get spacy.

If it helps, I'm going to be getting a Wet Reverb pedal shortly after this. The only other pedal in my sig that isn't there is my Morley Optical Volume.

If I left anything out just yell at me.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
the DL4 is a nice pedal, but I use and like the giga delay a lot more.

Honestly it's those two pedals that people get, maybe the echo park as well, but i'm not a fan of line, the dl4 is the only thing they make that i see worth getting.

but giga delay all day, you won't be sorry

have fun

E
Line 6 M9. All the delays types you could want (all the delay sounds on the DL4, plus some more), and you wouldn't need to bother with getting that reverb pedal either. Seriously, I know a guy who was a delay pedal junkie, and he used an M9 100% for different delays.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
TC Electronics flashback delay has tons of features and is easy to use. Plus the tone print option. I would say anything by TC, all of their delays are awesome.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by Dan_5893
TC Electronics Nova Repeater. That's slightly above $250 (about $275) but you might be able to find it cheap somewhere. Great delay. Very, very versatile.

Btw the nova repeater is about $150. I don't know if you got that mixed up with the nova delay which is almost the same pedal, but yeah the nova repeater has dropped in price quiet a bit.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by Dan_5893
Sorry that's what I meant, Nova Delay. They have them for spot on $250 at PGS.

Cheers for spotting that man.

I'm sure you can find the Nova Delay under 200 somewhere. Worth looking for.
Agile Intrepid 8
S-gear Scuffham Amps
I second M9.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by souperman08
Line 6 M9. All the delays types you could want (all the delay sounds on the DL4, plus some more), and you wouldn't need to bother with getting that reverb pedal either. Seriously, I know a guy who was a delay pedal junkie, and he used an M9 100% for different delays.

o no, i b gettin dat wet reverb sawn.

I'll take a look at alllllll of these pedals
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I'd go DL4 if you want spacier sounds. The others mentioned make more conventional delay sounds. I personally run multiple delays for this exact reason. The DL4 and DD20 both have their strong points.
I'd say go for a DL4 because you get presets, good analogue and digital sounds, and a killer looper. You can find a used one for well under your intended budget if you look hard enough. Hell, if you're tech savvy enough, buy one with broken footswitches for <$50 and replace them yourself.

EDIT: If you get an M9, you get some other awesome effects. You might find that you don't even need a wet reverb.

Also look into the DD-20, Tech 21 Boost DLA, EHX Deluxe Memory Boy, used Diamond Memory Lane Jr, or a used El Capistan.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
+1 for the Flashback! I love that pedal. The delays on it all sound great. It has a function on it like tap tempo but not... If you hold the switch down for a few seconds it will bypass so that it can follow the tempo of your strum. I forget what they call it. Not sure its as versatile as tap tempo but its a different direction. Also, they have an app for their tone prints. It uploads via your smart phone next to your pickups. Crazy!

My first thought was the JHS Panther, but its $$$... super cool pedal but the price kills me... here's a link for kicks: http://www.jhspedals.com/jhspedals/JHS_PANTHER.html
The Flashback is cool. I owned one and enjoyed it quite a bit, but with the TS's budget there are significantly better delays out there.

Also, never buy a JHS pedal. They stole a fuzz pedal design from Devi Ever and did not give her credit. They're huge dicks.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

+1 to the Strymon stuff as well! Didn't see that before. Their stuff absolutely kills! El Capistan and Blue Sky would be one of the most amazing combos ever! Timeline too! I has GAS! Savin' them pennies...

Quote by stradivari310
Also, never buy a JHS pedal. They stole a fuzz pedal design from Devi Ever and did not give her credit. They're huge dicks.

Screw them then... I didn't know about that and most people probably don't...
I love my El Cap to death. I almost never turn it off.

And yeah, you can do a search about it. The JHS Astro-something is a copy of the Devi Ever Hyperion that sells for twice as much and is claimed to be "100% original."

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

If you're looking to get some seriously spacey stuff, you can't go wrong with an M9. Their "particle verb" function is like, instant space-rock.
Gear
Taylor 214CE
PRS SE 245, PRS Tremonti Custom
Carvin V3 short stack
Pedals
AMT R2|Morley Mark Tremonti Wah|Mojo Hand Rook|MXR Black Label Chorus|Source Audio EQ|TC-E Flashback, Hall of Fame & Vortex|VFE Enterprise|Way Huge Swollen Pickle
I just picked up a Seymour Duncan Deja Vu for $80 at GC. It's $249 on their web site and everywhere else. But in the store they were marked down. Not sure if it's just the local store or everywhere.
Taking a look at the El Cap.

Loved the Flashback and DL4 so far, didn't really care for the m9, looking for a stand alone delay pedal.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Dan_5893
TC Electronics Nova Repeater. That's slightly above $250 (about $275) but you might be able to find it cheap somewhere. Great delay. Very, very versatile.

TC nova repeater is $150
TC nova delay is about $250 I believe.

I vote for the TC nova delay. I like it much more than the boss or line6 delays.

The el cap is very good but I'm not sure I'd like it for metal as much. For post rock stuff it would definitely be my first choice.
RIP Gooze

cats
Either the Boss Giga Delay or the MXR Carbon Copy
Boss is of course digital, MXR is analog
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Torn between the Nova Delay and the DL4. I like all the features of the DL4, but the Nova Delay sounds better to me.

:/
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
How often are really going to use all those features though? It could be fun for a while but Nova Delay might be more practical.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
How often are really going to use all those features though? It could be fun for a while but Nova Delay might be more practical.

That's what I've been thinking.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I've decided on the TC Nova Delay

Thanks for teh halp guise
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90