So I posted an NGD thread about my new Christmas gear... a Peavey Vypyr 15, an Indie Shape "Black Jack" SE, and a Vintage Gold Top Les Paul. Everyone seemed most interested in my GT, so here she is. What a beauty! Plays as good as it looks!

Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
Nice! I'd lose the pick guard and swap out the stock p/u's for a set of Duncan p-90s, then rock out for eternity. That's just me though

Cheers mate, congrats on the aquisition of a nice guitar. :thumbsup:
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
how do you like it?

There's a guitar shop around the corner that sells vintage guitars, and I just couldn't get used to them. the weight distribution seemed off, and the guitar felt small compared to my epi.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Quote by mike_oxbig
how do you like it?

There's a guitar shop around the corner that sells vintage guitars, and I just couldn't get used to them. the weight distribution seemed off, and the guitar felt small compared to my epi.

I love it! The neck is thin and pretty fast. Came strung with 9's I think and I'll be putting on a set of Roto 10's. It has great sustain and all the controls and the tuners are really solid. It has Wilkinson tuners and pups which are pretty bright in Lead position. Now it definitely is solid and HEAVY, which is why I'm getting a stool and a nice padded leather strap! I played a couple Epi's when I was still in the States and I think the scale is pretty close. All in all, I think it was the best value for the money I spent, especially for a GT.
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
Quote by RiffRaff61
I love it! The neck is thin and pretty fast. Came strung with 9's I think and I'll be putting on a set of Roto 10's. It has great sustain and all the controls and the tuners are really solid. It has Wilkinson tuners and pups which are pretty bright in Lead position. Now it definitely is solid and HEAVY, which is why I'm getting a stool and a nice padded leather strap! I played a couple Epi's when I was still in the States and I think the scale is pretty close. All in all, I think it was the best value for the money I spent, especially for a GT.

Sweet guitar! I have the same but in distressed sunburst and I love it I have recently upgraded to a new guitar but this guitar is awesome and great value for money
Nice geetar! Love Vintage!
Guitars and basses:

Fender Blacktop Telecaster|Epiphone Junior SG|Ibanez Lawsuit Strat|anelectro '63|Eagle tele w/ P-90s|Duke LP-copy|Cort B2A bass|Ibanez AW-40TCS
What's with the goofy mismatched knobs? Somebody trying to be Peter Green?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's a Peter Green signature/tribute of some sort(there's a PG in the model name of the the one I saw).

Anyways, I'm not one for most goldtops(goldtops with cream hardware look like a stringed pile of barf IMO), but that's sexy! Vintages are really nice guitars for the money too IMO, I had one for a while and I've found them to be generally nicer guitars than their Epi counterparts for the money(though they don't make anything like a Dot/ES, sadly). HNGD, man!
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Vintage do make a Peter Green ''inspired'' model, complete with the out of phase pickups and flipped neck pickup. A lot of their other guitars use similar features, including knob style and layout, pickup choice and the distress pattern.

Or OP may have done it themselves, as I've not seen them do it to one of their goldtop models before. But hey-ho, point is that yes, Vintage do love themselves a bit of Peter Green.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Nice! I was really surprised with my V62. Will definitely look into one of these.
Quote by MrFlibble
Vintage do make a Peter Green ''inspired'' model, complete with the out of phase pickups and flipped neck pickup. A lot of their other guitars use similar features, including knob style and layout, pickup choice and the distress pattern.

Or OP may have done it themselves, as I've not seen them do it to one of their goldtop models before. But hey-ho, point is that yes, Vintage do love themselves a bit of Peter Green.

Its not that one.

Its a Bonamassa copy. Thought you would have know that.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Its not that one.

Its a Bonamassa copy. Thought you would have know that.
I didn't say this was that particular model. I just said that there is a Peter Green-based one, which they also bleed over into many of their other finish schemes.

And I literally know nothing about Joe Bonamassa, as far as I'm aware and care he's just some dude that's suddenly popped up as flavour-of-the-month insta-legend last year and I'm buggered if I've ever heard anything he's done. But then, I've never paid much attention to the American blues scene of any period, let alone contemporary players.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Nice guitar! HNGD!

And btw, Bonamassa is great.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.