i heard about these guitars from a UG contest,and im kinda unsure about them.they have alot of good reviews.but the one problem i have with these guitars is that they are made in Korea.so my question is: are they worth the money?
I thought they were made in the United States? It's been forever since I have looked into them so I could be wrong.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
The "normal" DBZs are made in the Korea (the ones in the ~700-1000 dollar price range). There are USA made DBZs, but these go up to like 2k.

I've no personal experience with them, but I've always heard good things (about the Korea line). As in, it's no ultra high-end model, but for the price range, they pack a lot of punch
Quote by Ashe_Mc
Apple is much better than orange and banana, so yes.

DBZ's are FAR superior to Deans is the correct answer.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 4, 2012,
I had a chance to play a korean V style dbz. It was a wicked guitar, loads of sustain, great resonance and appeared very well built and setup. I would have bought it but I hated the neck.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
DBZ's are FAR superior to Deans

Guess you haven't played a Korean Dean without Dime's name on the headstock. Or, better yet, a USA model
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D

Guess you haven't played a Korean Dean without Dime's name on the headstock. Or, better yet, a USA model

I've played a Dean Z and a VMNT. Meh. VMNT was nice but way overpriced.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I've played- and owned- a high end Dean Cadillac and several luthier-made guitars that are quite excellent, and I'd expect the USA DBZ guitars to be of analogous quality. I've got an Imperial on my GAS list.

Similarly, I'd expect the Korean-made models to be roughly equivalent to similarly priced Korean-made guitars from other manufacturers, plus or minus.

I'd also expect them to be better than the Dimebag-labeled Deans, but not necessarily other Deans of similar price. (I think the Dimebag models are overpriced.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!