I'm looking to buy a really nice acoustic for my EP my band is recording. Were a metal band but sometimes metal bands take a break and take it slow (or fast) depending on the ballad. lol so, whats a really nice acoustic guitar with great action, really smooth to play and amazing tone? thank you
Quote by SynGatesFan1
I'm looking to buy a really nice acoustic for my EP my band is recording. Were a metal band but sometimes metal bands take a break and take it slow (or fast) depending on the ballad. lol so, whats a really nice acoustic guitar with great action, really smooth to play and amazing tone? thank you

Seagull S6.
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3
Quote by AdamDCMA
Seagull S6.
I would say I second that 'cos it's one of my favorite guitars out there

...but it really isn't that simple: many people say cedar tops aren't suited for "heavy" playing. This is probably due to the fact that the brittle grain of the wood doesn't resonate particularly well once you start punishing the strings, which means the lower frequencies don't come out as well as they do on a jumbo model or something

I for one however love the sound these things make when you resort to heavy rhythm playing: the fret buzz (which inevitably occurs if you hit your strings hard enough on ANY acoustic) just sounds really chunky -> like even a bit nasty in a good way, and I really enjoy the contrast between that sound and, say, the tone I get when I switch to fingerpicking

But you may not feel that way (I know some people who won't even consider buying a cedar top because they can't stand the idea that the top dents so easily: you can literally do it with your fingernail if you press hard enough) so try out some really different models and see what works best for you

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Jan 4, 2012,
Ovation. Great electric-like action and a great plugged in sound.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
syn gates is a huge ovation fan, thats all he plays. hes got about 7 different ovation balladeers and a really cool custom 2078LX. i play a lot of A7X on ovations. they nail down the sound i like. but get at least a mid-depth or deep bowl, you'll like 'em a lot better when not plugged in. either a 1778T or 2078ax or LX is what i use (yet another one comin' in tomorrow aurie! a C2078ax-RTD)
that guy from slipknot has a signature ovation that's supposed to feel just like an electric, no idea on how it sounds though.