so heres a song a wrote called i'm leaving. i tried to go for a kinda almost southern rock sorta thing. opinions would be great and ill C4C of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eYENSZbe_o&feature=youtu.be

i've been trying to push my range a bit too. i find im usually singing in my comfort zone so this song is kinda pushing me out of it in places. the chorus is pretty much in the top of my range, highest note being a G. it used to be a half step higher making it a G#, but i decided this was probably better for now until i get more comfortable with my upper range.
Nice work. If you were pushing yourself for the vocals, it didn't show - I thought you did a good job with them.

Agree with the other comment about it being a cool laid back song, I don't think you really need to do anything else to it. About the only possibility would be some form of percussion, but it doesn't really need it.

C4C here, here, or here.
You can do any or all of them, if you do more than one feel free to post a link to anything else you've done for comments
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Type as I listen:

Nice laid back chordage Is that an acoustic bass I hear!!

I like the tone of your voice, I feel like it fits very well. not a fan of the vibrato that you are using though, seems a little in my face IMO

Oh a slide lead thing! Really good addition.

I hear where you said you may be pushing, but give it time and youll def be more comfortable

I feel like this track (to fit the southern style) would be awesome if you added some vocal harmonies in the chorus. Not only to clearly distinguish the chorus from the verse, but all southern songs do that! lol

Overall, I liked the flow, it just felt like it was missing something. IMO I think its vocal harmonies but maybe not!

CFC?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28864183#post28864183
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
thanks guys i will check out all your stuff when i get a chance.

to answer some questions, yes it is an acoustic bass guitar.

and yes i would like to add drums and i would really love to have harmonies as well. i only have a four track recorder though and no drums. i really hear harmonies at the end and with female voices as well.

also the vocals were done in a different place than the guitar. the guitar parts were in my bedroom and there is hardly any echo in there. the vocals, believe it or not were done in one of those little bus stop shelters on the street. i needed a place to go where no one would hear me (dont like my family hearing me and i needed to be loud) so i went to one on my street late at night when no one was around. problem is it echos more than my room.

sorry if the vibrato was too in your face lol. thats just how i do it guess. may have over done it in places.
Last edited by Blind In 1 Ear at Jan 4, 2012,
Wow thats really good! You're a good songwriter. The recording mix is excellent. The guitar is very warm, and your over mix creates a very nice stereo image. The intonation on the slide guitar sounds perfect, and fits incredibly well. I don't usually like much southern influenced music to be honest, but I see this like I see any other piece of good music. It's excellent, so is your voice. Its very stable, and your vibratos add a nice effect

I can see your overwhelmed with C4C's, so don't bother if your busy, but if you've got some spare time and feel like checking out one of my things, I would appreciate it I'll put a link to my thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1508840

Judging from the music I've heard from you, the song "Lakota", might be the best to look at right now. It's not as developed as your's, but I'm happy with it as a fun instrumental

Thanks again
Quote by Austindicola
Wow thats really good! You're a good songwriter. The recording mix is excellent. The guitar is very warm, and your over mix creates a very nice stereo image. The intonation on the slide guitar sounds perfect, and fits incredibly well. I don't usually like much southern influenced music to be honest, but I see this like I see any other piece of good music. It's excellent, so is your voice. Its very stable, and your vibratos add a nice effect

I can see your overwhelmed with C4C's, so don't bother if your busy, but if you've got some spare time and feel like checking out one of my things, I would appreciate it I'll put a link to my thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1508840

Judging from the music I've heard from you, the song "Lakota", might be the best to look at right now. It's not as developed as your's, but I'm happy with it as a fun instrumental

Thanks again

thanks man, means a lot. im not a huge listener of southern rock either, but this song i felt kinda had that feel so i went with it. the guitar might sound warmer than most because its tuned down to D standard to get those open ringing chords but in a key i can actually sing haha.

ill check it out when i get a chance for sure.