Hey all, first i will give you guys some of my backround.

I started playing bass aorund 4 years ago, somewhere inbetween my brother bought a starter pack Fender stratocaster and he never really continued playing it so i picked it up to fool around and i had played a little guitar back then from time to time.

I don't want to make this too long so basically I'd say im an intermediate player looking to get better but i think my Squier and 10 watt Squier amp just won't cut it.

I already upgraded my Bass gear years ago so I think a small upgrade to my Guitar gear won't hurt anybody.

So a friend of mine sells me his Ibanez RG5EX1 and a Line 6 Spider II 210 amp.
Both are used and I have seen and played them at their rehearsals and they are in great shape.

He first told me he gave me both for 400 bucks and then asked for 500, so I think it is fair to give him around 450 for both.

My question is: Is this a good deal?

I won't be gigging any time soon since i will mostly be practicing to get a clean and better technique and what I am looking for is decent gear until I graduate and get some money for a Jackson RR1 (yeah keep dreaming hehe)

Anyway what are your thoughts, experiences, advice?
I've heard that the Tremolo system on this axe is kind of a pain in the neck but im willing to take my time to learn how to make it work.

Anyway thanks in advance guys. Keep it heavy!
no no no not at all. Not so sure about the guitar but the amp is terrible. Now I can understand a modeling amp as your purchase because you didn't say you'd be gigging but trust me, you do not want a Spider.
The guitar may be nice but I know very little about Ibanez guitars. The amp though is the deal breaker.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Seems like a decent deal, the guitar is more than decent, I've tried one personally. On the other hand the amp is not that great of an amp, but I guess it's decent for you to practice on it at home.
Spiders get a lot of hate on UG that they don't necessarily deserve, i'm not saying they sound great, but people give them too much hate.
Overall the price is a bit high to my taste, 400 would be the limit
I see. Well I am from Mexico so i would pay this guy in Mexican currency, which would equal around 293 dollars at the current dollar value.
okay thats a little better. that guitar goes used for about 200 american and the amp is probably worth 100 american. so I guess it's not too bad
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
So what would you suggest, save up and get good at a "crappy" guitar so when i get a decent one it will all be better or just go for it?
Have you played the guitar and amp yourself?
If so did you like it?
At least you're open to the suggestion of saving up, many people prefer instant gratification and suffer in the long run. But if you like the guitar and amp and the sound you get from it then go for it, if anything the Spider might help you find what sounds you like.
Quote by barden1069
Well the guitar's neck resembles my bass' neck (Ibanez SR505) so there is no problem there and i dont think i would have much trouble with it except for maybe the tremolo.

As for the amp, i haven't really fiddled around with it so i would have to go test it (which i was planning on doing anyway)

And yeah im willing to wait and save up for something that will be better for me in the long run ( I was thinkin about saving to get a Jackson anyway before this deal came up so i don't mind).
well just think about it and try the amp and be confident in your decision.
Quote by barden1069