Reaper thread here. I just reinstalled reaper and had some drum triggers going, I was going to do some drum tracks today, opened preferences and had the play all set up and laying stuff down on MIDI, well I closed it to start fresh and now I can't get any sound. I really don't know much so it might be a pain in the ass to walk through it with me.

Win 7
Dell Inspiron
Creative SB Audigy 2 soundcard

If I use the Wave Out it's all scratchy. ASIO2 is on here but I don't know how to get that to work. Everything else tells me there's an error and aks me if I'd like to go back to my preferences.

Thanks if anyone can help
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Usually this happens to me when some other program grabs hold of the MIDI driver and doesn't let go. A reboot usually solves it. 'course, something tells me it won't be that easy for you... are you using one of the virtual instruments to trigger samples?
I was using the ol VSTi from the "Drum programming in reaper" thread FX. Is there any way I can open up command prompt and free up the device?

A reboot actually should have been the first thing I tried. Thanks

EDIT: ReaSamplOmatic5000 (cockos) is the one.

EDIT 2; Actually not that bad right now, I'm using the WDM kernel streaming and it's working.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Jan 5, 2012,
Well I think I broke it even more now. I'm close, but now what I'm recording plays back all choppy and has an atrocious cocked wah sound to it. This happens with every other program I try to record with, but it doesn't happen on my Dads old work station with Audacity that's from like.... 97. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'm using D/I on a SB Audigy 2 and the comp is windows 7

EDIT: Weird, it seems to be working now.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Jan 6, 2012,
My reaper used to crash, Now I always Run it "As Administrator" including all the vst programs that go with it (T-Racks, EZdrummer,...)
The startup is a little slower now but is does not crash.
Don't know if this info is useful for your problem but I thought I'dd mention it anyway :p
This is an example of what I'm getting with my inputs.

Quote by CarsonStevens
Stupid question... are you using an interface, and if so... is it about to keel over and die?

I'm using a pedalboard which is a digitech RP12, Please see this, it's not about to keel over and die.... Yet. The problems I'm having are mostly computer side, but I dunno what's wrong, everything seems to fix itself when it comes to it.

Certainly computers are not my Forte.

Quote by hyperliteBo
My reaper used to crash, Now I always Run it "As Administrator" including all the vst programs that go with it (T-Racks, EZdrummer,...)
The startup is a little slower now but is does not crash.
Don't know if this info is useful for your problem but I thought I'dd mention it anyway :p

I don't think this was an issue, windows hasn't prompted me with any "Are you sure you want to run this" boxes. VSTs work fine now, but I still have an issue with recording D/I and playback coming back all choppy with an awful cocked wah sound. The problem seems to fix itself after 5 or 10 minutes. I'm a fairly impatient person when it comes to setups, I just want to plug in and play!!!!!!!!!
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Jan 7, 2012,