Hi UG fellows!
I've had some ideas buzzing through my mind recently, and decided to put them down on guitar. The result is nothing beyond perfect, and needs to be polished a lot, but in general I'm satisfied of the work.

I've tried to represent the feelings for curiosity that people have since their childhood, and "musicalize" them.

If you hear strange style changes is because I've tried to do some progressive without any acknowledge of it .

http://soundcloud.com/riccardo-lomazzi/just-curiosity-1st-composition

Hope you'll like it. Any advice is welcome, even if it's just a prey to make me leave guitar, lol.
Last edited by ricbox at Jan 4, 2012,
Don't you have any links so we can play the song in browser without having to download it? It won't download for me. Try making a soundcload or facebook page or something
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
Don't you have any links so we can play the song in browser without having to download it? It won't download for me. Try making a soundcload or facebook page or something
I've edited the first post, thanks for the site! I was searching something like this from a long time, and being new to these things, I didn't know anything about it.
You've got a nice style. It definitely sounds influenced by Led Zeppelin. One thing I noticed was that at times you let some ugly notes ring out and it almost made it sound out of tune and a bit unpleasant. But I did really appreciate your fills and how progressive you made this acoustic instrumental song. That's something not everyone can do. Keep it up and maybe add some vocals

C4C please? (might not be your style) https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1509307
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
One thing I noticed was that at times you let some ugly notes ring out and it almost made it sound out of tune and a bit unpleasant.

Quote by FenderMayer
One thing I noticed was that the progression is rather hard to follow

You see, that's maybe a reflection of what I had to do when I started listening progressive bands. For example, when I started listening to Rush, I judged their sound pretty awkard, beacause I wasn't really into it, since I was coming from general blues-rock bands.
Listening their music over and over made me appreciate their style and further developing an affection. So my style got influenced, and I tried to put several dissonances in my recording, without knowing actually if they were good or not. This is a case with many mistakes.

I hope you'll understand my English, I'm Italian, but not so great at speaking different languages!

For both of you, thanks for your opinions, they're really appreciated. I will listen to your works as soon as I can.
At first, I found it very hard to follow, and I was confused about some of the notes you chose. As the song progressed, I was able to ease myself into it nicely, and found myself quite enjoying it. There were a few notes here and there that I would change, but overall, your note selection was done well. I can certainly hear your blues-rock roots, I heard a bit of Jimmy Page in the song. All in all, I think you did an excellent job, and with a bit of revision, it could be a wonderful song.
Quote by ChamsRock
At first, I found it very hard to follow, and I was confused about some of the notes you chose. As the song progressed, I was able to ease myself into it nicely, and found myself quite enjoying it. There were a few notes here and there that I would change, but overall, your note selection was done well. I can certainly hear your blues-rock roots, I heard a bit of Jimmy Page in the song. All in all, I think you did an excellent job, and with a bit of revision, it could be a wonderful song.

Woah, thanks!

I'd like to add some keyboards, what do you guys think?
Really nice job, expecially if it's a first composition!

I liked the "solo" parts (don't know how to say it in english).
I agree with who suggest to add some vocals, because in my opinion some parts are a little "repetitive" without any lyrics added to it.

Ovviamente è solo la mia opinione, e se consideri che non suono nemmeno da 1 anno non penso che conti molto