Page 1 of 2
I'm going to Dublin first weekend in February with a friend, to watch Sum 41 play the Kerrang! Kerrang! tour, which opens at Dublin Academy either the 4. or the 5. (3 different websites saying 3 different things. Hopefully we'll figure that out soon).

However, we are going to stay there the whole weekend. Any cool things to do over there while we wait?

All suggestions are welcome!
Quote by Oyface
I'm going to Dublin first weekend in February with a friend, to watch Sum 41 play the Kerrang! Kerrang! tour

You have my sincere condolences
Yeah, they are.

I am asking about other things to do, however, so keep any personal opinions out of this.
But I suppose this is too much to ask from UG.
Guinness factory, statue of Phill Lynott, etc etc
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Check out the Guinness brewery, go on a tour of the city, there's actually a pretty rich history relating to the civil war and removal of the British at the start of the 1900's. Stay away from the tourist trap that is Temple Bar if you're going for a few pints, absolute rip off central.

Also, don't be afraid to wander further afield, there's a little town called Howth on the train line about 30 mins north of the city, lovely place with a load of bars and delicious guinness and food pretty much everywhere.
Last edited by irishman at Jan 4, 2012,
The national leprechaun museum on jervis st.

I shit you not.

Haven't been though, no idea what it's like.

Nothing else i can think of

Edit: There are also a few metal gigs going on around that time for cheap enough tickets and "the workmans club" is a good rock style pub. Sorry I can't be more helpful. only lived here for a few months :/.
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Well done, you've essentially just raged at 3 slices of bread. Aren't you a fucking genius?
Last edited by DGROGAN1992 at Jan 4, 2012,
Quote by sam b
why?

Because it is an awful experience, probably an even worse airline than Alitalia, which has since gone bust and taken over.
Don't take Ryanair because it is absolutely shit. Do the other stuff mentioned, like go to the Phil Lynott statue which is on Harry Street, which is just off Grafton Street. There is a National Leprechaun Museum for some strange reason. There's the city tour where you sit on top of a bus, the Guinness Brewery, there's a Hard Rock Cafe and another one called Thunder Road or something like that which is good enough. Drink. Drink. Drink. Go to Temple Bar. Drink. Drink.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Get mugged by a junkie, that's always good fun.

Really though, the Academy is probably my favourite venue just because it's so small and you're so close to the band.

yea i love that venue. i fist bumped devin townsend mid song \m/'.'\m/

the tour of the jameson distillery is always good and if you get a chance go to trinity college and beat a few protestants
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Troop of Doom
Because it is an awful experience

How?

Quote by LostLegion
Don't take Ryanair because it is absolutely shit.

How so?
Quote by sam b
How?

How so?

Ever been in a lorry with cows being taken to be slaughtered, whilst being advertised to in every way you can imagine? It's like that.
Quote by LRCGUITAR
Ever been in a lorry with cows being taken to be slaughtered, whilst being advertised to in every way you can imagine? It's like that.

So?

It's cheap as shit and flys you from one place to another. What is the problem? I've never heard of them being unsafe, I've flown with them around 20 times and my baggage has never been damaged or lost..

Quit whining.
Quote by sam b
How?

How so?

Uncomfortable seats. Staff aren't the nicest in my past experience. Go at stupid times and then change them at the drop of a hat so that don't have to pay you compensation but will still disrupt your plans.

Do you work for them?
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
If you want 3 ft of legroom and good times pay then extra €300 and go with Emirates or some shit.

The times are shit, I agree, but work around it for the saving of hundreds of pounds/euros/whatever.

I'm over 6ft 2 and can sit in the seats fine.

You get what you pay for. I honestly don't see the problem.
Last edited by sam b at Jan 4, 2012,
Quote by sam b
So?

It's cheap as shit and flys you from one place to another. What is the problem? I've never heard of them being unsafe, I've flown with them around 20 times and my baggage has never been damaged or lost..

Quit whining.

I don't trust RyanAir pilots anymore, I had the worst landing ever in one of them, he was practically at a 10 degree angle to the left like "/" but less vertical. The left of the plane hit the ground first, it was not pleasant. Then they had the cheek to play that stupid "Ding! Another RyanAir flight on time" even though we were like 10 minutes late. Bell ends.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by sam b
If you want 3 ft of legroom and good times pay then extra €300 and go with Emirates or some shit.

The times are shit, I agree, but work around it for the saving of hundreds of pounds/euros/whatever.

I'm over 6ft 2 and can sit in the seats fine.

You get what you pay for. I honestly don't see the problem.

I would rather pay 10 or 20 pound more and go with easyjet/bmi baby/something not as shit thank you very much.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Funny this thread should come up just as I started listening to Sum 41. That is the only input I have for this thread....
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Quote by Trowzaa
I don't trust RyanAir pilots anymore, I had the worst landing ever in one of them, he was practically at a 10 degree angle to the left like "/" but less vertical. The left of the plane hit the ground first, it was not pleasant. Then they had the cheek to play that stupid "Ding! Another RyanAir flight on time" even though we were like 10 minutes late. Bell ends.

You survived didnt you?

I had a landing like that last winter coming back to Finland. No idea how he landed it to be fair, getting off the plane you could hardly see the terminal cause the snow was falling so thick

I reckon we bounced down the runway

To my knowledge a ryanair plane has never crashed

Some of you guys would go to a 2* hotel and complain about it not being like a 4-5* one by the sounds of it
Quote by sam b
So?

Quit whining.

I'm fine with other budget airlines like Easyjet or that blue one, it's just I feel like Ryanair have taken it a step too far. Easyjet isn't much more expensive but you get that extra inch or so of legroom that makes you feel a little less like a sardine in a tin.
My condolences.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Everytime an Irishman says something that surprises you, respond with "Whale oil beef hooked".
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by LRCGUITAR
Easyjet isn't much more expensive

Is when I have to travel 250km to Helsinki to be able to fly with them

On most flights I put my feet up on the seats next to me anyway
Quote by sam b
You survived didnt you?

I had a landing like that last winter coming back to Finland. No idea how he landed it to be fair, getting off the plane you could hardly see the terminal cause the snow was falling so thick

I reckon we bounced down the runway

To my knowledge a ryanair plane has never crashed

Some of you guys would go to a 2* hotel and complain about it not being like a 4-5* one by the sounds of it

http://www.herald.ie/news/ryanair-jets-airport-crash-after-engine-jumpstarted-1977126.html
http://www.ihateryanair.org/ryanair-plane-crashes-off-runway-in-prestwick/
http://www.ihateryanair.org/ryanair-ripped-off-8-fewer-passengers-in-november-this-year/
http://www.ihateryanair.org/ryanair-jet-forced-down-by-loose-gaffer-tape/
http://www.ihateryanair.org/ryanair-voted-worst-airline-in-the-world/
I think he was talking more as in falling from the sky at high speeds and destroying everybody.

Quote by Trowzaa
I think he was talking more as in falling from the sky at high speeds and destroying everybody.

This.

Driving into a tug at the airport isnt really a crash now is it

The other stuff, from a website called "ihateryanair.org" Tasteful

Bottom line is, Ryanair is fine for the great price you pay. Anyone who complains about it after paying the price they did and knowing what the airline is all about yet still went on it will never be happy with anything
Last edited by sam b at Jan 4, 2012,
Quote by Trowzaa

Look at the last link anyway
Quote by sam b
Is when I have to travel 250km to Helsinki to be able to fly with them

I tend not to have this problem...

On most flights I put my feet up on the seats next to me anyway

What if the flight's booked full?
Im fine with the space considering I'm 5" off being classified as a midget.

Quote by LostLegion
Look at the last link anyway

Yeah, the I Hate Ryanair webite claims it's the worst airline in the world.

Surprising
Page 1 of 2