I didnt really know where to put this so..

I recently got a record player and I have Kid A by Radiohead. there is a slight warp in the vinyl, and it seems everytime the needle goes over the warped section, there is static produced. My brother accidentally put the needle in the turntable mat at one point right before playing this record. Anyone know how i can fix this?
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Quote by GreenDay0013
I didnt really know where to put this so..

I recently got a record player and I have Kid A by Radiohead. there is a slight warp in the vinyl, and it seems everytime the needle goes over the warped section, there is static produced. My brother accidentally put the needle in the turntable mat at one point right before playing this record. Anyone know how i can fix this?

Get a CD player.
Don't know nothin' bout them turny tables cause I ain't that old (although i wish i was), but if it's warped there must be some way to ''flatten'' it out?

wrap it in damp cloth? clothing iron? flatten?

yeah? do i know what i'm talking about?

no..... I don't. Just a shot in the dark.
I don't know if this problem your talking about is caused by warping, which usually creates a literally "warped" sounding version of the recording rather than generating static, if it is "popping" it is either because of dirt/dust or a scratch. The former can be solved by carefully cleaning the record (definitely read up before you act), the latter pretty much screws you. If its not popping but just sounds bad your brother probably ruined the needle, which is usually easily replaceable.
Strat>Interstellar Overdriver>Little Big Muff>Supersonic Fuzz Gun>Crybaby Classic>Crybaby>VP Jr. (TU-2 tuner out)>Electric Mistress XO>RV-3>E-1005 w/ Footswitch>DD-6 (stereo out)>DL-4 w/ Expression Pedal>Stereo Tremolo>Headrush>Fender Deluxe 85(2x)
If the warp isn't too bad, put it (while still in the sleeve), on top of your refrigerator, and put something heavy on top of it. The top of the fridge should be warm, so it'll make the vinyl more flexible. Leave it there for a day or two, should solve your problem.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
I've tried basically everything. I guess i'm just going to buy another copy.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah