I want to hear what string brand you UGs prefer to the electric guitar. I do not have a lot of experience with strings and also have some questions. How "important" are the strings? I have always used some strings that cost about 100 norwegian kroner (about 14-17 USDs) and then I ask myself:
How expensive are the "best" strings?
HOW important are the strings?
Is it big differences from one string brand to another?

Main question:
Which string brand do you prefer? And why? Other things?

Thank you!
For me I love D'addario, I find them really easy to play and are fairly cheap. I've played Ernie ball's and Roto-sounds (aswell as others) but can't get along with them. I find other strings too stiff and lack character, but to be honest, I would try a few different brands and decide for yourself. Also If I was you, i'd look on eBay for your strings, I can buy 1 set of D'addario's for roughly £3.99 but in my local music shop they charge £7.50!! Shop around and find the best value for your money, I wouldn't buy dirt cheap strings as they will sound and feel rubbish, but on the other hand, don't pay over the top
Elixer. They feel amazing last forever. I buy my strings at Best Buy in America ($9.99) they have the best prices on strings, and other accessories. Ernie balls are ($3.88) and When the have D'addarios they are ($3.48)
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Last edited by Briyan_15 at Jan 4, 2012,
Ernie Ball, they never let me down, till now, they are cheap and last pretty long.
Guitar: IBANEZ RGIR20BFE-WNF
Strings: Ernie Ball .010 - .052
Amp: Yamaha THR10X | Orange Micro Dark
Effects: Boss MetalCore ML-2, Zoom 505 II, CryBaby
D'addario. They're quite affordable compared to other brands, last long and don't have that bang of new strings for too long. Also they sound great!
I hate supersized Kartoffels
I'll string my Jazzmaster with D'Addario 11's with a wound G until the day I die.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Any of either Ernie Ball, D'Addario or Rotosound. All cost the same in the store I buy them from (about £6). Although I prefer playing the Ernie Balls. They feel nicer to my fingers than the other two.

I also feel like D'Addario has a rounder, yet slightlier "dull" sound than Ernie Ball and Rotosound. Ernie Ball has a more ringing sound to my ears and Rotosound has a more crispier sound.
That could all just be me though, I'm not sure how much they actually change tone-wise. I'll typically buy which is cheapest of the three.
Quote by gregs1020
Dr

+1

I like their vintage blue sets. Probably the only way to get me to use anything else would be to get me on tour, out of spares, and in an area that doesn't have anyone who carries them, with only enough time to settle for what the local store has. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I don't really have to worry about that one right now.
Quote by bpdeem
+1

I like their vintage blue sets. Probably the only way to get me to use anything else would be to get me on tour, out of spares, and in an area that doesn't have anyone who carries them, with only enough time to settle for what the local store has. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I don't really have to worry about that one right now.

hell yea. i've switched to these and love them.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
If I reveal my preference, will these threads stop?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Ernie Ball. The best (to me) combination of good price, long life and strength--if you're not using Super Slinkys, that is...
Gear
Taylor 214CE
PRS SE 245, PRS Tremonti Custom
Carvin V3 short stack
Pedals
AMT R2|Morley Mark Tremonti Wah|Mojo Hand Rook|MXR Black Label Chorus|Source Audio EQ|TC-E Flashback, Hall of Fame & Vortex|VFE Enterprise|Way Huge Swollen Pickle
Quote by bubb_tubbs
If I reveal my preference, will these threads stop?

+1
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by gregs1020
hell yea. i've switched to these and love them.

This is all I use.
Actually, Ernie Ball for electric, but for acoustic I exclusively use Dean Markley strings. Anyone ever try Ernie Ball acoustics? Are they any good?
Gear
Taylor 214CE
PRS SE 245, PRS Tremonti Custom
Carvin V3 short stack
Pedals
AMT R2|Morley Mark Tremonti Wah|Mojo Hand Rook|MXR Black Label Chorus|Source Audio EQ|TC-E Flashback, Hall of Fame & Vortex|VFE Enterprise|Way Huge Swollen Pickle
Elixir/D'addario
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Ernie ball roundwounds, D'addario flatwounds.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Sputnik1
String threads are overdone.

posting in threads to say they are overdone is overdone.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
posting in threads to say they are overdone is overdone.

I'm sorry that the TS doesn't know about the Searchbar.