i want to know what rout a squire SE stratocaster has... its the one in the strat-pack with the Sp-10 amp in it... i want to know because im looking in to buy in a EMG ST-11( single coils) PIckgaurd and i want to know if i could put a ST-12( humbuckers)...

link to ST-11:http://www.emgpickups.com/products/index/341/259/1
link to ST-12: http://www.emgpickups.com/products/index/342/259/1
Have you tried looking? My Squier has HH routing even though it's SSS. Only way to know is to look.
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
...lol... i would try but the guitar probably wont be in my hands for about a month...
as long as it is routed for a humbucker or single coil I don't think there will be a problem. Most of those routs are pretty standard.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
The EMG ST-11 will fit, the EMG ST-12 will probably NOT fit without additional routing.

The bridge position is probably okay, but the neck is a maybe.
Apparently, the older ones were routed HSH, the newer ones are SSH.

They can be irregular from one production run to the next.

Routing is REALLY easy though; it's all covered by pickguard and if you screw the pooch, it just gets covered anyway. It's not like an LP style where only the Pup and ring cover your route...

Of course, your pickguard screw-holes may not line up...
Last edited by Rutch at Jan 4, 2012,
Quote by Rutch
The EMG ST-11 will fit, the EMG ST-12 will probably NOT fit without additional routing.

The bridge position is probably okay, but the neck is a maybe.
Apparently, the older ones were routed HSH, the newer ones are SSH.

They can be irregular from one production run to the next.

Routing is REALLY easy though; it's all covered by pickguard and if you screw the pooch, it just gets covered anyway. It's not like an LP style where only the Pup and ring cover your route...

Of course, your pickguard screw-holes may not line up...

okay... SSH... would these work... and
could i put these in with out a battry box? :http://www.emgpickups.com/products/index/106/11/1
Quote by boblittle
okay... SSH... would these work... and
could i put these in with out a battry box? :http://www.emgpickups.com/products/index/106/11/1

The first ones you mentioned are passive. The Kirk ones are active. You need a battery for the second Kirk set. As for the first one, if you want passive pickups there is really no reason to look at EMG. They are known for actives. There are a lot better brands for passive pups.
i know there active... i want to know if i need to use a battery box or if i could stick te battery under the pickguard...
Quote by boblittle
i know there active... i want to know if i need to use a battery box or if i could stick te battery under the pickguard...

Might be a tight fit but yeah. You might have to get creative with wire management.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
never tried it but theres probly room in the trem cavity for a battery
Putting the battery in the trem cavity might be a bit tricky because the wires would have to somehow reach the pickups. Also, there's really no need to bump a thread after 20 minutes
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
yeah the wires would have to be ran but i think that would be easier then trying to cram it in there.. if you went to just an H H set up putting it in the middle pickup routing slot would be the easiest
Yeah there is no reason you couldn't put the battery under the pick guard. I'd hate to think what you are going to have to go through to change the battery when it dies though. A friend of mine has a bass with the battery inside the rear routed control cavity. That's a pain too just because it takes extra time to unscrew the cover to get to it. Under the pick guard would require removing the strings or tremolo block at the least to get the pick guard off. I wouldn't want to deal with this in a live gigging situation.