Page 1 of 2
Hello guys(and ladies ofc) please helpe me out !

I'm going for my first tube amp...
Now there are 2 amps I like and are within my buget, both are about the same price and Watts.
I like the sound on both:

BUGERA V22 (or very maybe the V55???)

->PROS: FX loop, 2 channels
->CONS: Some people say that the Reliability & Durability of these amps isn't great, and I think it's a real ugly amp (not a mayor con ofcourse)

JET CITY AMPLIFICATION 2112RC

->PROS: Designed by Mike Soldano, I like the sound a LITTLE better than the Bugera, looks nice !
->CONS: No FX loop, 1 Channel (but to me that's not a huge con).

I'm just not sure wich one to choose...
What do you think? Suggestions for other amps in the same price and watts categorie always welcome!

Btw, my purpose is to jam with a drummer and maybe some live performances later on, and this with the sound of a tube amp!
Mainly heavy rock gain and break up cleans
Last edited by hyperliteBo at Jan 4, 2012,
There's a list of options for mods to be done be Jet City themselves on their website, including effects loop and channel mods. It'll be a bit more expensive, but it would be worth it.
Last edited by TextOnTheScreen at Jan 4, 2012,
I own a Bugera. I've had it for over a year. No problems with it at all.

They fixed Bugera's reliability problems a few years ago and since then, they seem pretty solid.

Edit:
Well, one problem and a big one. I burned out the transformer because i forgot to plug the speaker cable back in after borrowing the cab for something else. Not funny.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 4, 2012,
ive had the bugera v22 for little over a year now ad with regular gigging its never failed me
bugera really fixedtheir quality control since their first batch of amps with where prone to failing

just my two cents on your problems with that amp
I've had no experience with Bugera amps, but i've nothing but good things to say about the sound of a Jet City. We recently recorded one of our tracks with both guitars using a JC and they sound awesome (see what ya think). But like you say, one channel is a bit of a bummer if you're gonna use it live, but whatever.
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
There's a list of options for mods to be done be Jet City themselves on their website, including effects loop and channel mods. It'll be a bit more expensive, but it would be worth it.

Hmm, $200 more expensive... on a $500 amp, I think that's a lot for just a FX loop
The V22 is not the best amp that Bugera does. Some of their models (6262) are awesome for the price and others are a bit lame.

Go for the Jet City if you prefer it. I'd rather have a better sounding amp than one with more features.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 4, 2012,
Quote by Powerslave619
I've had no experience with Bugera amps, but i've nothing but good things to say about the sound of a Jet City. We recently recorded one of our tracks with both guitars using a JC and they sound awesome (see what ya think). But like you say, one channel is a bit of a bummer if you're gonna use it live, but whatever.

Yes they sound awesome for sure, that wasn't one of the cons
Quote by hyperliteBo

Btw, my purpose is to jam with a drummer and maybe some live performances later on, and this with the sound of a tube amp!
Mainly heavy rock gain and break up cleans

i'd lean towards the jet city.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The V22 is not the best amp that Bugera does. Some of their models (6262) are awesome for the price and others are a bit lame.

Go for the Jet City if you prefer it. I'd rather have a better sounding amp than one with more features.

The 6262 is nice but I'm not looking for uber metal sounds, and it seems that amp does just that ...
You should save for the jca22 combo which is the same amp as the jca20/jca2112rc whatever except it has an fx loop and an extra heavier channel
Quote by coolstoryangus
You should save for the jca22 combo which is the same amp as the jca20/jca2112rc whatever except it has an fx loop and an extra heavier channel

This right here is some good advice. I personally love my JCA20H which is the head version of the amp you suggested and I think it's great. I almost bought a Bugera BC30 instead of it but something just didn't sit right with me about it. Some of the Bugeras are ugly as hell though IMO. It is a pretty big turn off. One cool thing abou the Jet City's are that you can buy different baffles for it if you don't like the blue cover. I'm probably going to get one of those soon.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by coolstoryangus

Only one SUPER MAYOR HUGE problem... It's double the price of the 20...
Quote by hyperliteBo

Never settle for something that you will end up dissatisfied with. It'll just cost you more money in the end
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by gregs1020
i'd lean towards the jet city.

Yar

And if the one channel thing is a problem, there's the 22H and perhaps a 1x12/2x12 whitebox or avatar, but we don't have an exact budget so that might be out of range.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by hyperliteBo

yar the combo is pretty pricey i'd maybe look into the jca22h head and maybe a 1 x12 cabinet instead
I came here to say Bugera, but in the OP you said you like the sound of Jet City better. If you've tried them both, get the one you think sounds better. By the way, Bugera's durability is really not an issue anymore
I hate my sig
lol here we go
Quote by RealGuitarHero
Never settle for something that you will end up dissatisfied with. It'll just cost you more money in the end

Well you do have a point but my amp now is a 25watt modeling amp and I can't jam with that so I need something that can.
And not only is the 22 out my budget, I also don't think that just the FX loop isn't worth that much money... for that $800 I could get something better (IF I had the money).
I liked the Jet City and Bugera because you get much for the money.
I mean dude, if I would buy the thing I REALLY want (Marshall JCM800)... I'd had to wait 5 years !!! xD

And I don't call it settling for something that I will end up dissatisfied with.
I call it making compromises
EXAMPLE: I think my first starter Ibanez guitar sucks now but that doesn't mean it wasn't the best buy then

Well the 22H is 400 dollars. And I'm sure you could find a 1x12 for 200 dollars, used would be best.

So if 600 is too far out of your budget then that's understandable.

edit: ^
Quote by hyperliteBo
Well you do have a point but my amp now is a 25watt modeling amp and I can't jam with that so I need something that can.
And not only is the 22 out my budget, I also don't think that just the FX loop isn't worth that much money... for that $800 I could get something better (IF I had the money).
I liked the Jet City and Bugera because you get much for the money.
I mean dude, if I would buy the thing I REALLY want (Marshall JCM800)... I'd had to wait 5 years !!! xD

And I don't call it settling for something that I will end up dissatisfied with.
I call it making compromises
EXAMPLE: I think my first starter Ibanez guitar sucks now but that doesn't mean it wasn't the best buy then

okay you like the JCM 800? I have another suggestion then.
Peavey Windsor. They can be found for about 200 used and they're in that vein. Get your self a 212 cab to go along with it and you're golden.
Quote by barden1069
Quote by coolstoryangus
yar the combo is pretty pricey i'd maybe look into the jca22h head and maybe a 1 x12 cabinet instead

20watt head: $250
20watt head with extra channel and FX loop: $700

Just can't afford the second one
Quote by CL/\SH
Well the 22H is 400 dollars. And I'm sure you could find a 1x12 for 200 dollars, used would be best.

So if 600 is too far out of your budget then that's understandable.

edit: ^

WOW where the hell did u find a 22h for 400 bucks?
Quote by hyperliteBo
20watt head: $250
20watt head with extra channel and FX loop: $700

Just can't afford the second one

The 20 watt head with the extra channel and FX loop is $400

I second the Peavey Windsor though, that's a good alternative.

Quote by hyperliteBo
WOW where the hell did u find a 22h for 400 bucks?

Everywhere I've never seen one for anything more than that.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
okay you like the JCM 800? I have another suggestion then.
Peavey Windsor. They can be found for about 200 used and they're in that vein. Get your self a 212 cab to go along with it and you're golden.

Interesting, but 100w is too much for me + I want a combo because a carry it along at every jam and I have a small room :p
it has a master volume and is only about 5 percent louder then the 20watt. A head and a 212 cab is more portable.
Quote by barden1069
Quote by hyperliteBo
Interesting, but 100w is too much for me + I want a combo because a carry it along at every jam and I have a small room :p

jca22h and 1x12 cabinet would work out cheaper then the combo version and be even more portable
Sure you could pick up something on the cheap used to go with it.
And "I have a small room" isn't really a viable excuse to not pursue a good option imo

edit: ^ yup yup
I just realized that the Peavey won't probably be any better in price if you are in Europe. hmmm
Quote by barden1069
Thanks for informing of us that in the op...
Windsor used is doable here.
I probably wouldnt go with a jca22h here at current prices..
There hasn't been enough of them for used ones either
you're unfortunate as well in that you missed source distribution's (JCs europe distributor) warehouse clear out when you could get the jca50 head with £299.99 and when paired with a harley benton v30 loaded 2x12 cab or maybe one of jet citys own clear out 2x12s you'd have had a nice rig.. I bought the 1x12 20 watt single channel combo for £199.99
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Jan 4, 2012,
Page 1 of 2