Right, this is the first time I'm in need of a cab, so do not know tonnes about them.

I have the chance to buy a Randall RS412XL with celestion T75s speakers in

This seems a good deal, as I don't have lots of money to spend currently. But there isn't much info on these cabs on the net as they appear to be discountinued.

Anyone know much about these cabs?
I'm in an Alternative Rock band if that helps.

Thanks guys
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Last edited by Shredx at Jan 4, 2012,
depending on the speakers it may be a good deal.. speakers really would be the main factor. 150 is cheap for a 4x12 but considering you can pick up marshall 1960s all over the place for 200-300 including some with vintage 30s then that would be a better option if the speakers are pap since you'd be spending just as much putting speakers that are to your liking in the randall...
Just found out the speakers are celestion T75s
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Thats not too bad i suppose.
What are you planning on putting through it your bugera?
a lot of people prefer vintage 30 type speakers with high gain amps.. some people like t75s too but some don't like them. Kinda marmite. They are good with brittish voice amps though.
The G1275Ts have more of a modern sound - lots of low end and a scooped(ish) midrange.
The Vintage 30's have more of a classic tone - they are smoother on the high end and the lows and mids are tight.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I just use my Bugera 333 Head as a poweramp live really. Have my Pod HD500 through it for simplicity - band has a lot of different sounds and is easier than a pedal board.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by stonyman65
The G1275Ts have more of a modern sound - lots of low end and a scooped(ish) midrange.
The Vintage 30's have more of a classic tone - they are smoother on the high end and the lows and mids are tight.

I would hardly say the V30 has a smooth anything, especially the High-end.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
+1

The Vintage 30 has more going for it than classic tones. Lots of modern metal players us Vintage 30s. I could see them being a great match for a Bugera 333.

That said, if you running the Pod into it all the time then I'd maybe rethink this. Also, consider a 212 cab (more cab for your money). Do you use the Pod strictly for the effects (or also for distortion)?
I believe it had V30's in but he switched them out.

Have debated with 212's but not really sure tbh. Yeah I use the Pod for distortion aswell currently, just easier. (although I probably prefer the sound of the amp distortion by a little bit)
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special