Heya,

I've recently started writing about the human condition, its flaws and other such related issues. Here's a peace, about an idea I had, in that the protagonist has such a severe form of synaesthesia (you see shapes/colours associated with numbers and letters, and can almost feel them. It can also be evoced by music/reading/smells/sights.) that he has nigh on become a recluse, cannot deal with life or people, in that his condition has almost induced autism. I neither have autism nor synaesthesia so I do not know how it feels to have either condition, I have only what I have read to go upon. Don't worry, this piece is rather inoffensive, and I haven't treated these conditions with contempt nor in a derogatory fashion. Here is is: Synaesthesia or Sick-as-freedom.

Synaesthesia or Sick-as-freedom

Shapes. I see shapes.
Colours, shades.
They come and go.

Heliocentric,
Concentric,
Eccentric.
Azure in colour,
and sometimes fuschia.

Lines and patterns. Patterns and lines.
I can feel them. Sense them.
Is it wrong, that I sense approval?
Is it wrong, that I want you all to know?

Azure in colour,
and sometimes fuschia.

Its like autism for the recusive.
I feel so full, and yet so needy.
I feel so full, and yet so lonely.
I can't deal with this.

I feel the letters calling out to me
from this piece of paper.
Each a different voice. Each a different tone.
Mocking. Sympathetic. A myriad of impersonalities.

And just like synaesthesia,
I feel a burst of shapes and colours.
I feel red. I feel red.
You left me in this prism of self loathing.
I feel red.

Is to be creative,
a curse one should bear.
No romantacism can hide this
crown of thorns im left to wear
Quote by ultrasonic
Don't worry, this piece is rather inoffensive, and I haven't treated these conditions with contempt nor in a derogatory fashion.

I actually find it enjoyable to see music on these subjects.

Regarding the lyrics, they scream Progressive Rock (YAY! Prog Rock), so that's a good start:

"Heliocentric,
Concentric,
Eccentric.
Azure in colour,
and sometimes fuschia."

I love that stanza. It really throws out ideas of how someone with Synasthesia might feel, almost bi-polar in the first 3 lines?

"I feel so full, and yet so needy.
I feel so full, and yet so lonely.
I can't deal with this."

This is another section I like. It seems to hint towards bi-polar/OCD or someother assosciated disorder again, questioning whether it is a gift or curse.

"And just like synaesthesia,
I feel a burst of shapes and colours.
I feel red. I feel red.
You left me in this prism of self loathing.
I feel red."

I feel like this stanza is almost a summary of the song: Red is obviously a dominant colour in this person's synesthesia.

The last stanza is also very nice, I like this a lot (I hope I didn't interpret this wrong). I want to hear these lyrics used in a recorded song!
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Jan 6, 2012,