Hey guys, I was wondering what you thought a good OD or EQ would be for boosting my solos. I have an '86 Marshall JCM 800 2204, and also, I have an Ibanez Jemini Dist./OD too, but the OD on it doesn't seem to mix well at all as a good boost on the JCM unless i'm playing really clean, which I usually don't. So what had caught my eye the most was either getting the MXR 6-Band EQ, or is it worth the extra $40 to get the 10-band? and the MXR Badass Modified OD, and the MXR Berzerker OD. so any other suggestions? Im kinda passing on the Tubescreamer cause the Jemini didnt go well with my amp, and i'm pretty sure Ibanez modeled that after the tubescreamer.
Ibanez didn't mod the jemini after the Tubescreamer. The jemini was a Vai design based on a Boss DS1.

Try the TS9 or the Maxxon OD808
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
Ibanez didn't mod the jemini after the Tubescreamer. The jemini was a Vai design based on a Boss DS1.

Try the TS9 or the Maxxon OD808

Oh that changes alot then, it makes sense cause im not a fan of Boss stuff really, if I had the money then I'd probably get the TS808, but how different is the TS9 and TS9DX? theres only a $10 difference.
i thoguht the od side of the jemini was based on a tubescreamer? i haven't tried it, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DethcasT
Oh that changes alot then, it makes sense cause im not a fan of Boss stuff really, if I had the money then I'd probably get the TS808, but how different is the TS9 and TS9DX? theres only a $10 difference.

The TS9 is a staple, it's a very forgiving pedal. The 808 is amazing as well but it isn't as diverse as the TS9. As far as the DX, it seems like it's a good idea but honestly you'll find yourself not really liking it and wishing you got a standard TS9. I got the DX first and ended up having it modded so it became much more useful to me because it was no longer similar to the TS9, i have a TS9 as well.

I love TS9s but have also heard good things about the OCD by fulltone.

And honestly, if you get the TS9 and you like it but feel as though something is missing, both the analog man and keeley mods are great pedals, they give it more gain without making it muddy.

Have fun

E
Check out a Visual Sound Double trouble. Two Tubescreamers for the price of a TS-808
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by gerraguitar
The TS9 is a staple, it's a very forgiving pedal. The 808 is amazing as well but it isn't as diverse as the TS9. As far as the DX, it seems like it's a good idea but honestly you'll find yourself not really liking it and wishing you got a standard TS9. I got the DX first and ended up having it modded so it became much more useful to me because it was no longer similar to the TS9, i have a TS9 as well.

The TS9 and TS808 are very very similar. The TS808 to me [and a lot of others] has a very slightly better sound as a stand alone od. However, most people [ts included] seem to want to use it to boost an already overdriven amp in which case there is no real difference in sound.

The TS9DX is a more versatile TS9. It has a selector that can switch between mods, as well as do the stock TS9.

TS:
I'm pretty certain that half the jemini was based off a modded DS1 and the other half is a modded tube screamer.
I'm also pretty damn certain that a tubescreamer should work well with a jcm800. So I'm confused about why you didn't like the jemini
RIP Gooze

cats
Get the 10 band. Maximum configuration and quite frankly worth every penny, go for it.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by gerraguitar
The TS9 is a staple, it's a very forgiving pedal. The 808 is amazing as well but it isn't as diverse as the TS9.

lolwut?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just picked up a Boss SD-1 cheap to try out. The gain only adds a mild amount of distortion when maxed and the level will give you plenty of boost.
Thanks for the help, I picked up a TS808, and an EVH Phase 90 for the price of 1 TS808, I know a steal right? And the TS808 sounds GREAT just what i was looking for I barely had to adjust it, just put everything on it at 5, then turned up the Drive a bit, and evened out the Vol, and kept the Tone around 5ish so thanks for the suggestions guys appreciate it
I have a Boss SD-1 which works nicely (especially if you do the bleed fix).
Tubescreamer of some sort would also work well.
Bad Monkey on the cheap also.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB