So, UG, I've been looking for a good, affordable acoustic/electric guitar for a while now and have narrowed down to 2 options - Fender CD 140SCE and the Ovation AE147, both of which are pretty much the same price from where I am buying (an online music store only in my country Bulgaria, which is in the middle of nowhere (Eastern Europe))

I'd like to point out that I am still open to suggestions, as long as the guitar has
- a pickup system
- strap buttons
- cutaway body (not 100% important, but still I'd prefer it)
- solid top (I understand that finding an all solid wood guitar in this price range is pretty hard)

Other than that please post opinions on the guitars and be mindful that I am not really that well informed about the Ovation guitars, but I hear they have a specific sound because of their signature guitar back, please say so if that's the case. Feel free to criticize my choices, that's why I am here! Thank you in advance!
i've played the fender. it has a solid top, which is always a plus, and the ones i played had pretty low action out of the box. the 140 is a pretty nice guitar. the ovation has a laminate top, but a deep bowl, sort of a mixed bag as the deeper bowl gives a deeper tone, but overall i preferred the fender.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
While waiting for answers I researched a bit and came across many statements, that Ovations usually sound sorta sucky unplugged and are really only good plugged in a good amp. Is that true?
it's true of the cheap, shallow bowl models, but not as much with the medium bowl models (which seem pretty deep to me, btw). in this case, though, the laminate top has some impact on tone. that's why i preferred the fender.

btw. there are high end ovations like this one
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ovation-al-di-meola-signature-model-acoustic-electric-guitar
that sound great by pretty much any standards.

Quote by risk182
While waiting for answers I researched a bit and came across many statements, that Ovations usually sound sorta sucky unplugged and are really only good plugged in a good amp. Is that true?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
being an ovation fan( i have 9, 10th should be in tomorrow, ill post my hngd), of the 2 choices given, i also would choose the fender. not a fan of the laminate top ovations. not sure what they cost where you live but here they're pretty cheap. i'd spend a little more and go for a korean or chinese mid or deep bowl. i like the fender for the price range. you'll be happy with it.