Alright UG, I need some help with my little 15W Vox Pathfinder amp. My usual setup is my strat going through a Boss ME-70 into my pathfinder, but I am finding it increasingly difficult to get a clean tone (think the Can't Stop sound) out of my amp at higher volumes when I jam with my friends.
What's been happening to me lately is I find the right EQ on my pedal and it sounds great in my headphones connected to the pedal, but putting it through my amp gives me one of two things: either a relatively accurate nice tone that isn't loud enough in a jam or the most god awful biting trebley tone ever. I've tried alot of different settings but none of them have given me a relatively clean tone at any reasonable volume to jam with.
Are there any tips/tricks/ general advice you guys can give me other than buy a new amp? Also, does it make more sense to crank the output level of the pedal and guitar before resorting to turning up the gain and volume of the amp?
Use the clean channel of the amp or Plug your pedal into the CD/AUX input... and then crank it, it should work...
Quote by Tyson2011
when in doubt, adjust the truss rod.

Sfedf the First ...
or should it be the insane?
Quote by sfedf1
Use the clean channel of the amp or Plug your pedal into the CD/AUX input... and then crank it, it should work...

This amp has neither of those settings. Any other advice?