Im going to be selling my line 6 spider iv 30 for a new amp. i also will have around £100 to put to it. i have looked at a few amps now and i have a few different ones i like.
1. bugera 6260 - i know these are hated alot, but compared to other amps of that price its a great option!
2. peavey vypyr 40 - im not a fan of modellers after this line 6, but this looks good!
3. sell my me50 also and buy a zoom g3 and a nice clean amp. - not sure about this but whatever.

one thing with the peavey vypyrs.. do the ss range all have the same settings etc, just different powers of the amp? and do they all have usb interfaces?

thanks
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
im so bad at picking stuff.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
I would recommend getting one of the tube ones, they sound significantly better than the rest. If they are in your price range that is.

edit: Not all are the same thank-you Mr.Wilson, my mistake.
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
Last edited by asmithgdci at Jan 4, 2012,
Not all the vypyrs have the same features, the 15 and the 30 do NOT! have the usb interface and also the 15 doesn't have the stompbox's and cannot have the sanpera pedals connected to them. Im pretty sure anything above the 30 has all features other than the power sponge attenuator which is only featured the 100 and above

Edit: No tube models have the power sponge
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
Last edited by MrWilson6 at Jan 4, 2012,
Dude look around on craigslist for a nice amp. I was able to get a 100 watt Peavey Supreme Head and a Peavey Cabinet all for 200 bucks. As long as the seller lets you test it, you can get killer deals.
Quote by MrWilson6
Not all the vypyrs have the same features, the 15 and the 30 do NOT! have the usb interface and also the 15 doesn't have the stompbox's and cannot have the sanpera pedals connected to them. Im pretty sure anything above the 30 has all features other than the power sponge attenuator which is only featured the 100 and above

Edit: No tube models have the power sponge

Power sponge is available on the 75 too, but I haven't really noticed it doing much of anything. I would definitely say that vypyrs are the best modelers out there, but I would also recommend the Bugera. And look used, too.
Just looked up prices for the Bugera; this is the way to go. Disregard anything bad you've heard about them, all of those issues are sorted out now. It really is a 5150 for a lot less.
Last edited by SLEESTAK_BRO at Jan 4, 2012,
Get the Bugera. It has better cleans than a 5150 and a good OD ch. I wouldn't go from a spider to a vypyr unless your getting the vypyr tube. It will do more than the Bugera, but the bugera sounds better.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
nah bugera for £230? id be out of my mind not to haha! i could get the 6262 for aroumd £60 more. is it worth the extra?
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
im so bad at picking stuff.

No. It's not that. I just suggest you do something different with a thread like this.

I mean a Bugera 6260, Vypyr 40 (no such thing) and Clean amp/MFX pedal are such vastly different options.

There is a Sticky up there designed to help you get the most out of your request.

Budget?
Genres?
New or Used?
Home or Gig?
Closest City?

Yes, all the Vypyrs have the same effects except the 15, it has less. I believe the 30 on up have USB. I have a Vypyr 60 with the power tubes and I recommend that.