Hi

I know I made a thread about this just before- it's been deleted... and re-incarnated here....

That aside, I'm looking for a beginner, tube amp (preferably a combo) I can play with decent distortion (ACDC, Guns n Roses, Black Sabbath style) at bedroom levels (And quiet by that standard too if such a thing exists!)
My budget however, is about £150 ($250? But they cost more in the UK)

There's 10,000 solid state's that'd do the job- I'm not interested in them, I've got my eye on a solid state if I can't find a tube for the job- but I'd ideally want a tube...

So any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks
The solid state I'm looking at is a VT20+...
But whenever playing I'd know that I really wanted a pure tube.... not some effects machine...
http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=ht+5&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUK358&prmd=imvns&resnum=2&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1252&bih=560&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=1443731757800929919&sa=X&ei=4doET-fkBond8gOE4bjXAQ&ved=0CGQQ8wIwAA

these sound awsome for classic rock i currently have at ht stage 100 head 212
but i had a go on one of these in a shop and its sounds great for mixed genres and you can always put a pedal through it if you need that extra gain just a thourt.
your best bet is to look used. what and if you can find anything at that price new, will not be that good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Lol HT-5.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I've been looking more and more at the HT-1- The night train I is a bit much. and quite expensive! (In the UK, prices are generally what it would be in dollars in the USA, but in pounds!)
HT-1 Looks great though
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Lol HT-5.

+1

i thought he wanted a tube amp?

back on topic, though, kyle probably has a point.

you can do it with tube if you're willing to rely on pedals, but there aren't really too many tube amps i can think of at £150 which'll do those classic rock tones alone without help from pedals and at low volumes.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Oldmonkeys
Vox Lil Night Train? I dunno what they cost in the UK, but they are really good for what you want

I would like to add a +1 to that. That's what I jam on in the basement when the baby is sleeping and break out the fender hot rod to jam with a drummer.
Regardless of circuitry, the HT1 is a great little amp for home use. Mine is invaluable. I'm not a massive Blackstar fan, but this amp is perfect for the application.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.