Hello again guys,

Hope you all had a great Christmas and an even better new year

Anyway, I've been having some tuning problems on my strat recently and I'm guessing it's tremolo related seeing as I've never really had tuning probs before like this. The other day I decided to experiment with the tremolo on my strat which is funny considering I've had the guitar 2 years and never used it. Everything was absolutely fine until I took the tremolo off the guitar a few hours later and noticed I was going out of tune very often (once every 5-10 mins) I put the tremolo back on the guitar to see if anything would change but I was still getting the same problem. One string will go out of tune but the others will be fine, but then I will tune the flat/sharp string it to the correct pitch and the other strings seem to follow it, and they all go sharp or flat depending on whether I'm tuning up or down. I wasn't doing crazy dive bombs, just playing with.

The problem mainly occurs when I'm bending strings. Could somebody please tell me what is going on here and how I can get rid of it? I'm not planning to use the tremolo again any time soon, not really my cup of tea The guitar is a Classic Player 50's strat and has locking tuners on it (not sure if this might be part of the problem) and has a vintage style 2 point trem. The guitar was only set up a couple of weeks ago and was fine until I messed around with the trem. If anyone could help me out I'd be really grateful! Thanks in advance
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

It's very hard to give such advice by Internet, without actually seeing the guitar. According to the description, it is very likely a problem related to the tremolo, indeed. There's nothing wrong with the locking tuners, Gotohs are very good. It might be a problem with the way you use the locking tuners. No offence, are you sure you restrung the guitar properly? You must turn the string around the pole a complete turn, and only after that turn you have to tighten up the locking device, up to the limit. Be sure the string doesn't turn around the pole more than 2 turns (including the first one). Too much string around the pole makes huge problems when using classic tremolos.
If it's the tremolo, there can be two types of problems. The first one is, again, related to the way you use it. Classic Player 50 has a vintage type tremolo, not suitable for heavy use. There's no solution to it, other than using it very gently. The second type of issue might be related to the tremolo's springs. Left unused, they might have given up or get loose. In this case, you must unscrew the back lid, bring the guitar to pitch once again and tighten up the springs by turning the 3 screws that attach them to the body. Pay attention not to lift the bridge from the bottom of guitar's body. When you fell the strings well balanced, not too tight, not too lose, it should be OK.
Please excuse me for being so cautious with details. If you don't feel confident you can fix the things by yourself, my advice would be to ask an experienced player or a guitar tech. Because, before any work at the bridge, the guitar has to be setup, intonated and brought to pitch. I wish you good luck! And don't rush, no matter how much you wish to play on the guitar again. You own a precious instrument, that has to be treated carefully.
It sounds like your bridge is floating. Check the bottom of your bridge and see if it is lifted off of the body.