Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
I'm the **** who'll ruin everything by saying the thrash thread was enough for them, but that's just cause I never got that into them!

On the other hand, if all Overkill discussion is focused here... the thrash thread is spared from it, right!? Carry on people.
Excellent band. I hate and Hello from the gutter are amongst my personal favourite thrash songs .
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by Sanitarium91
I'm the **** who'll ruin everything by saying the thrash thread was enough for them, but that's just cause I never got that into them!

On the other hand, if all Overkill discussion is focused here... the thrash thread is spared from it, right!? Carry on people.

I was going to say, they deserve their own thread if only because us lot think they suck and would instantly dismiss anyone attempting to bring them up in the thrash thread.

Anyway their early stuff is alright. Bit generic for me. Absolutely no interest in anything they did after Horrorscope, though ironically I think that was the sound that suited them the best.
The absolute definition of banal thrash... churning out album after album after album of the same insipid metal since about 1989. I mean they're not a bad band, and I like Under The Influence...but they're just so unremarkably bland!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Well at least you know what you're getting when you put them on. Makes for good background music, as nothing will really jump out and surprise you. Thrash metal in general doesn't make for good background music though.
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
First album was tolerable, everything else has been laughable in a myriad of ways.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
A 4pm festival band.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Actually just listening to the link in the OP, how can anyone confuse this for something exciting? That's fifteen different shades of grey!
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by Stranglehold
A 4pm festival band.

I know that all festivals schedule differently and that but I've attended a festival where Motörhead played at 2pm.

Like Verm, I still like everything up until Horrorscope. Overkill was one of the first thrash bands I got into though, so I tolerate most of their stuff and find very little of it bad. But as is the case with so many other bands, when you know what else is out there, these guys really are bland.
Quote by rg_metal

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Quote by Senor Kristian

Like Verm, I still like everything up until Horrorscope.

Hey don't get me involved, I never said I liked it There's just nothing too awful about it.
It's all politics man. Deal with it.
Quote by rg_metal

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Elevator thrash.
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage