I currently play a lot of Metal/Metalcore (August Burns Red, etc.) on my Jackson JS32RT. I'm looking to buy a guitar that sounds a lot better and has a tremolo. The brands I'm interested in right now are Schecter and Ibanez. What is the highest quality guitar I can get for under $500?
I already have a Jackson, I just want a higher quality guitar. I'm a lot more experienced in that genre now.
Whats the best Ibanez for $500? I am already planning on spending around that for my next guitar.
Ltd H-401/mh-401/m-401/ec-401
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Some agiles maybe
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Never limit your preference of brands. If u loook used u can find some Jackson dk2's for well under ur buffet. But going higher then that welll.....what amp do u have?
Whhats ur nearest major city
specifics your looking for in terms of scale length / pickups
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Line 6 Spider IV 75 Watt. Looking for a full scale guitar with high quality pickups. I usually shop at Guitar Center in Tacoma, Washington.
I mean the most I can recommend is to upgrade your amp

What do u mean by full scale?

What isn't enough on ur current guitar?

Look for some used Jackson dk2's or dk2m's. Great playability.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I want a new guitar first haha. I don't really like the pickups on my current, or just the feel in general.
What don't you like about the feel? Is it the neck width, the string spacing, or something else about the neck? Is it the set-up? Is the bridge not to your liking? Specifics will help us a lot to determine what your best bet it.

Personally, I'd go for a used Ibanez, preferably one of the higher level RGs or an S. I love my S420; it's really light and great for playing standing up, but it has plenty of growl and body tone. The pups aren't the best, but that's stock Ibanez pups for you.
Link for the S420:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-s420-electric-guitar/584140000001000?src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=585626767
Link for the RG470MH:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-rg470mh-electric-guitar
The only thing I'll warn you about is the bridge. It's double locking, which can be a real bitch for first timers.
Quote by andy2450
Whats the best Ibanez for $500? I am already planning on spending around that for my next guitar.

a used mij sabre.

for about $350.
Quote by ToxXicSixString
Take a look at Bc Rich and Dean. Dose not get any better then those two.

No doubt that's what I use to play death metal
your best bet out of these two are a used ltd ec-1000 or a schecter c-1 hellraiser (prbablly the floyd rose version since your into metal) the c-1 sells for $400 on craigslist and the ec-1000 would run you about $450, both would be in your price range. cheers!
Ibanez makes good guitars in your price range that have the edge-zero tremolo. I wish I wouldve done a little more research before I got my RG350 because it has the EDGE III which sucks and like most floyd roses, if a string breaks or goes out of tune it effects the tuning of all the other strings. So I would personally recommend an Ibanez with an Edge-Zero for that reason, but thats just me. I would also play an Ibanez before you buy one because from what I can tell their necks are usually hit or miss with people.