Hi this is my first thread posted just joined today!

im planning on getting an ej200 soon and am going to do some mods to it. i just wanna get some opinions. ive always thought this guitar looked great, i have a friend that has one and its sounds pretty good. i plan on having a lefty flip mod .bridge filled and then re-grooved lefty, upgrading the nut and saddle to bone also lefty, and getting ebony brigepins.

im also planning on leaving the original pickguard on and getting a mirror image blank pickguard put on. is there a way to make the floral pattern on the original look faded/aged? i like the double pickguard idea on this since i saw a picture of a 1954 Gibson j200.

thoughts, ideas, comments???
Quote by stepchildusmc
i havent looked.... but cant you just get a lefty ej200????

nope. epiphone and gibson dont make any lefty acoustic models.
ask captiancranky, he's a lefty and can probably pick out some good lefty models that you won't have to mod. hes wise when it comes to guitars, even if a bit backward... silly lefty's !!!
Quote by stepchildusmc
ask captiancranky, he's a lefty and can probably pick out some good lefty models that you won't have to mod. hes wise when it comes to guitars, even if a bit backward... silly lefty's !!!

i know i could go out and get a martin x series or even a taylor 100 series but this will be my 3rd epiphone guitar. they havent done me wrong yet. i have a dot and a hummingbird strung upside down without any mods.

it should look like a 54 j200 when im done with it
i have a samick ASDM strung lefty and a lefty ovation for my son. the ASDM sounds good that way. no mods necessary
Flipping guitars to left handed is not really a good idea. This in spite of the fact I've found it to be a necessity throughout most of my life.

Oh hell, even Jimi Hendrix played right handed Strats strung backwards. Which, with a 6 in line headstock, gets dicey with respect to to length of strings.

My opinion is you should probably concentrate on guitars you can get left handed, rather than going the Frankenstein route. We're almost in the "golden age" of buying lefties off the rack.

If you'd consider doing some research, this site has a fairly comprehensive data base of what's available: http://leftyfretz.com/left-handed-guitar-database/

And yes, I know the frustration of not being able to get just the thing you have in mind.

Ibanez offers this jumbo: http://www.ibanez.com/AcousticGuitars/model-AEL10LEBK

Fair warning, this guitar likes to be plugged in, and sounds great that way. It's all laminate, so played acoustically it won't really rock your world. I have one, and it seems like it could benefit from 80/20 brass strings to brighten it up a bit.

Yamaha and Takamine have some lefties I know nothing about, but I suspect they'd get better reviews here than Ibanez' product.

When it comes to restringing left handed, it's even more tragic trying to convert any given electric though. The tone and volume knobs practically in your armpit are extra frustrating....

Anyway, once upon a time Epiphone did make lefty guitars. I have a 12 string from around 15 years ago. There's 300 bucks I'd like to have back..
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jan 6, 2012,