Page 1 of 15
I'm normally against killing intruders, but in this case I think it's justified. The man was obviously dangerous, and an 18-year-old mom with an infant isn't exactly going to be extremely adept at physical self-defense.

If you don't want to get shot, don't break into someone's house. inb4superlibs get mad at me.
Check out my band Disturbed
"You're allowed to shoot an unauthorized person that is in your home. The law provides you the remedy, and sanctions the use of deadly force," Det. Dan Huff of the Blanchard police said.

The law says she was in the right. I agree. One less scumbag walking my planet.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
Seems pretty solid to me. I'd probably try to have taken a non lethal shot (which may not be easy with a 12 gauge), but his fate was of his own choosing due to circumstances.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Last edited by DonGlover at Jan 4, 2012,

He had it coming.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I think it was totally justified. The guy had a knife, she had a gun. She won. That's why you don't try to rob people.
Oh my ****ing GOD I HATE that guy's narrating voice. OH GOD HES STILL TALKING.

**** YOU RYEN OWENS!

And I think she shouldn't have shot to kill.
if a guy comes at me with a hunting knife after trying to break into my house for over 21 minutes you can be damn sure id shoot him if i had a gun
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by JWG2007
I think it was totally justified. The guy had a knife, she had a gun. She won. That's why you don't try to rob people.

Or if you do then you bring a bigger gun.

Maybe he just wanted a hug.

But why do articles like this always have to identify the woman as a "mother" as if that makes her a good person by default? OMG I can't use birth control properly, love me!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I can't believe she's not going to jail for it. I don't think she SHOULD but I can't belive she's NOT.
My sig? Nice.
Eh, at first I was totally against it and got in an argument with my family over it, but thinking about it afterwards, I don't know if there's much else she could have done. I don't like the fact that she killed him, but eh, she was protecting her kid, and I can understand that. I dunno.
Seems like a pretty clear cut case of self defense. Is the debate about what the dispatcher told her or what she did?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Well, murder isn't really my favourite but if someone breaks into the house it's very rarely good news. Unless it's your family, if that's good news to you.

Although that would never happen in Sweden, I guess it would end up with the housekeeper killed instead. Sadly. One of them's gotta go.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
If someone was trying to break into my house with a weapon you better believe I'd shoot them if I had a gun. She clearly knew the police weren't going to arrive in time to help, so she took matters into her own hand. Better her shooting a scumbag than the scumbag hurting her or her baby.
I'd say it';s justified would have been better if he didn't end up dead, but hey, shit happens.
pinga
Quote by soul_power
Seems like a pretty clear cut case of self defense. Is the debate about what the dispatcher told her or what she did?

I think most people protesting what she did is because she didn't warn the guy or anything, the second the door came down she shot him dead
i think we all agree this situation is justified, but i believe the question is can this concept be applied to all situations?
ITT: Americans.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
as long as she didnt rape the body and cut the limbs off afterwards
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by StewieSwan
I'm normally against killing intruders, but in this case I think it's justified. The man was obviously dangerous, and an 18-year-old mom with an infant isn't exactly going to be extremely adept at physical self-defense.

If you don't want to get shot, don't break into someone's house. inb4superlibs get mad at me.

Agreed. You break into my house and you sure as hell better expect me to be violent, and I have nothing to protect beyond my possessions and my privacy. With a 3 month year old kid I'd be even more prone to shooting dickheads in the face.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Obviously justified, I'm sure if she told the clowns outside she had a gun aimed at the door they probably would've left. But if they're stupid enough to stay they're better off dead.
Quote by UntilISleep
Eh, at first I was totally against it and got in an argument with my family over it, but thinking about it afterwards, I don't know if there's much else she could have done. I don't like the fact that she killed him, but eh, she was protecting her kid, and I can understand that. I dunno.

I don't know if she was shooting to kill as she only asked if she was allowed to shoot, it's just unfortunate (debatable) that the guy did die.

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Well, murder isn't really my favourite but if someone breaks into the house it's very rarely good news. Unless it's your family, if that's good news to you.

Although that would never happen in Sweden, I guess it would end up with the housekeeper killed instead. Sadly. One of them's gotta go.

Just to be clear, killing in self-defense and murder are completely different things both in ethics and legal definition.
Quote by UntilISleep
I think most people protesting what she did is because she didn't warn the guy or anything, the second the door came down she shot him dead

He had a weapon. Plus she was probably terrified. Asking him to surrender was probably not the first thing on her mind. More so when she was also worried about the safety of her child.
Quote by snipelfritz
Maybe he just wanted a hug.

But why do articles like this always have to identify the woman as a "mother" as if that makes her a good person by default? OMG I can't use birth control properly, love me!

You know, she also may have planned the baby? Some people don't choose to wait years and years for a child.

And a mother is supposed to protect her child. That's what she did.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by StewieSwan
Just to be clear, killing in self-defense and murder are completely different things both in ethics and legal definition.

It's still murder. One of them is murder that leads to murder. The other one is murder. It all boils down to the same fact. Somebody got murdered (on the dance floor. Hit it!)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
i think we all agree this situation is justified, but i believe the question is can this concept be applied to all situations?

Apparently not if somebody comes into a police stations and attacks an officer.
Quote by UntilISleep
http://abcnews.go.com/US/okla-woman-shoots-kills-intruder911-operators-shoot/story?id=15285605

Lil bit of debate flaming up over this...

Was she in the right or the wrong?

How could she possibly be in the wrong?

This piece of shit scoped out her house and charged into her house armed with a knife!

Empty your ****ing gun on the worthless little creton and feel no remorse.

If someone is in my house threatening my family. I will shoot and I will shoot to kill.

as a matter of fact you don't even have to be threatening my family. If you are there and don't belong there and I FEEL like you are a threat I will shoot and I will shoot to kill because when its you or me and mine you will lose everytime or I will die trying.
Last edited by dmiwshicldply at Jan 4, 2012,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
It's still murder. One of them is murder that leads to murder. The other one is murder. It all boils down to the same fact. Somebody got murdered (on the dance floor. Hit it!)

Killing someone isn't murder unless it's illegal and (more importantly) done with malicious intent.

as a matter of fact you don't even have to be threatening my family. If you are there and don't belong there and I FEEL like you are a threat I will shoot and I will shoot to kill because when its you or me and mine you will lose everytime or I will die trying.

wat a tuff guy
I live in Oklahoma, time to stop robbing the plebs for sport.
you're a stone fox
Quote by StewieSwan
Killing someone isn't murder unless it's illegal and (more importantly) done with malicious intent.

Well, in Sweden it's always illegal to kill/murder someone. I don't know how it's like where you live.
Two burglars with a knife, teenaged mother with a baby in her room who gave them ample time to take whatever they wanted from the house. They went after her with the obvious intention of hurting her, she shot before they could do it. I don't see how anyone would see this as anything but pure self-defense.
Quote by BurningTurkey
I can't believe she's not going to jail for it. I don't think she SHOULD but I can't belive she's NOT.

This.
But hell yeah good for her. No need for that douche to be walking around and sharing our air. Completely justified.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Well, in Sweden it's always illegal to kill/murder someone. I don't know how it's like where you live.

That's fucking stupid. Plenty of people accidentally kill in acts of self-defense. Are they murderers now?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Self-defense?