So I found out recently that you're able to adopt wolf/dog hybrids (I know they aren't technically a hybrid, but you know what I mean)

I've been thinking about eventually getting one once I move out. From what I've read on them I'm pretty positive I can handle one. I love dogs, have grown up around them, and I'm patient. So has anyone here ever had one, seen one, had experience with one?
Get a husky. It's close enough.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Balto anyone?

Totally bad-ass. I approve of this thread.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Huskys and wolf breeds are the best dogs in the world.

I know quite a few people with them as pets, and they seem incredible...just be prepared to brush them at least once a day, and to fill at least 2 bags with excess fur every time you do. And take constant walks with them, they aren't a "sit around the house" dog.
I had an Alaskan Husky/Wolf mix. They are very reliable dogs and very fluffy. When spring comes, expect a lot of fur. EVERYWHERE. I grew up with one and they're very nice dogs.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Some can be illegal in certain states. They caught someone in New York citty with one a week ago and they took the dog away to a sanctuary.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by SkepsisMetal

I know quite a few people with them as pets, and they seem incredible...just be prepared to brush them at least once a day, and to fill at least 2 bags with excess fur every time you do. And take constant walks with them, they aren't a "sit around the house" dog.

That's what I kinda figured. I wouldn't really mind that though, I get restless really easily myself, so having a dog that would like to go out with me would be nice.

Quote by bastards
I had an Alaskan Husky/Wolf mix. They are very reliable dogs and very fluffy. When spring comes, expect a lot of fur. EVERYWHERE. I grew up with one and they're very nice dogs.

I don't really mind shedding too much, even most dogs that aren't supposed to shed end up with their fur on pretty much everything, so whether they shed a lot or a little doesn't phase me much. And I'm glad to hear they're reliable, you're definitely getting my hopes up a lot now
Quote by caeser1156
That's what I kinda figured. I wouldn't really mind that though, I get restless really easily myself, so having a dog that would like to go out with me would be nice.

I don't really mind shedding too much, even most dogs that aren't supposed to shed end up with their fur on pretty much everything, so whether they shed a lot or a little doesn't phase me much. And I'm glad to hear they're reliable, you're definitely getting my hopes up a lot now

At least do him the favor of getting him as a pup!!!! When I was 3 or so he used to intimidate me with his little mask and eventually it went away..

I do miss that dog though ._.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by Nelsean
Some can be illegal in certain states. They caught someone in New York citty with one a week ago and they took the dog away to a sanctuary.

I live in northern Florida. One of the most lenient states in the country when it comes to animals. And there's a wolfdog sanctuary in Florida already, so that's not a problem for me.
I've always kind of liked the idea, but I've heard they're very active. I know couldn't ever keep up with the exercise one would need. So I stick to Beagles, Bassets and stupid little stuffed animal dogs (Shih Tzus, Yorkies, etc.).
Quote by snipelfritz
Balto anyone?

Hello childhood, we meet again.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by SkepsisMetal

This.

My best mates family has 2 of them and they walk them atleast twice a day. Not only that but you play with one for 2 minutes in the morning and you'll be pulling hairs out all day. Lovely dogs though, strong too and very excitable.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by Flying Couch
I've always kind of liked the idea, but I've heard they're very active. I know couldn't ever keep up with the exercise one would need. So I stick to Beagles, Bassets and stupid little stuffed animal dogs (Shih Tzus, Yorkies, etc.).

I loved my Bassets so much when I used to have them. I miss them. But my aunt always had labs and I found them fun with how how much they love to always be playing and running around and taken for walks all the time.

"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by snipelfritz
Balto anyone?

They used to make us watch that like every day in my elementary school (at least in kindergarten - 2nd grade), and all I have for it is utter disdain. It also gives me a craving for popcorn.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
They used to make us watch that like every day in my elementary school (at least in kindergarten - 2nd grade), and all I have for it is utter disdain. It also gives me a craving for popcorn.

GTFO.

Balto is awesome.
inb4 White Fang
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Wolf-dogs can be agressive towards other dogs, and I really don't like the idea of having to walk a dog while constantly being afraid my dog will attack something. Some people like chihuahuas, you know.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by The_Casinator
Wolf-dogs can be agressive towards other dogs, and I really don't like the idea of having to walk a dog while constantly being afraid my dog will attack something. Some people like chihuahuas, you know.

no, they are afraid you will attack something, while your loyal wolfdog is with you fear is all but a speck of dust, lost to the mind.

Quote by Harvey Swick
no, they are afraid you will attack something, while your loyal wolfdog is with you fear is all but a speck of dust, lost to the mind.

wat
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by The_Casinator
wat

no, wut.