Found this

Custom Built Jazzmaster (by offsetguitars.com forum member "andrewdoeshair")
2 piece walnut body, natural finish with nitro, not routed for the rhythm circuit, instead it has a half pickguard on only the treble side (very similar to the ibanez jet-king styling) in black.
Mighty mite neck, rosewood fingerboard, 9.5" radius, c profile, locking tuners and graphtech string trees
all the electronics are upgraded to switchcraft/cts parts (3 way gibson style switch, single 250k CTS volume pot, switchcraft 1/4" jack)
pickups were upgraded to a Jason Lollar Matched set
tailpiece is a custom fixed bridge plate, so there is no tremolo on this guitar whatsoever.
bridge is the typical jazzmaster threaded saddle style.

This guitar is by far not the lightest out there, but it has an amazing tone and killer looks
looking for $480
email me for more pics (currently has white pickup covers on it)

It looks like too good of a deal. Do any of you guys see anything that would hold me back
Attachments:
5F95M35Jd3G83N63H1c11115e1e6712091b99.jpeg
5I75N25Fb3L33M13Nbbcjb00a4118220a1349.jpeg
5Ia5Kc5M63Mf3Ia3J6c11ca90ee26afff15d4.jpeg
5N65G95He3K53Jd3N6c11ecd9fc42cd6618ea.jpeg
personally i would have closed the ad after reading "custom built"

but that looks alright

i still wouldn't buy it
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Quote by mike_oxbig
personally i would have closed the ad after reading "custom built"

but that looks alright

i still wouldn't buy it

that did have me wary, but it looked pretty nice.

The problem with craigslist is I don't really want to go over there and test it out, its just weird.
You have to consider that people don't make custom guitars with the intentions of selling them that cheap. Either this guy needs a bowl full of crack of there's something wrong with it, because i guarantee it cost a lot more to make than what it's being sold for.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Quote by mike_oxbig
You have to consider that people don't make custom guitars with the intentions of selling them that cheap. Either this guy needs a bowl full of crack of there's something wrong with it, because i guarantee it cost a lot more to make than what it's being sold for.

it is craiglist with a guy from allston, he might want crack (thats why craigslist is useful but sketchy)

I know. I wanted to believe that it was a good guitar though.
The house looks to clean to be a "crack" home......coke maybe.
What the hell!!!
it appears he's sold all the furniture.

the sad thing is it has barely any value. custom guitars on the used market are like that. i'd offer $350 and see where it goes.

if it plays nice, sounds great (which it should) then it's only worth what you are willing to pay for it.

i recently parted out a "customized" fender, and the parts were worth far more sold individually than the guitar would have sold for assembled. and that included donating some parts to a friend for his build.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
You definitely want to try it before committing to buy it. Custom guitars often have something weird about them that was put there for the specific taste of a person who doesn't like normal guitars. You may or may not like that 'feature'.

The pictures look nice. I like that you can see the wood. I kinda like jazzmaster shape, and that's a beautiful looking neck. The pickups look like black holes - I'd put chrome rings on them.
Quote by danvwman
The house looks to clean to be a "crack" home......coke maybe.

I hate there's no thumbs up button for this comments -_-
Originally posted by adVENTURA
if your in a punk band just do like Lars and Tim in rancid and scream like you got marbles in your mouth.

Check out my Music Here
pass
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Od rule of thumb is to ask them to meet you at a music store to try out something and buy. If he refuses, dont take the bait

Too many people have been raped/killed/robbed/other unsavory action because of people on. Craigslist. The best thing to do is always meet in very public places, and even then, be on guard.
Quote by Ashe_Mc
Od rule of thumb is to ask them to meet you at a music store to try out something and buy. If he refuses, dont take the bait

Too many people have been raped/killed/robbed/other unsavory action because of people on. Craigslist. The best thing to do is always meet in very public places, and even then, be on guard.

be careful yes be totally paronaoid no. i like to talk to people before i hook up and get a feel for them. i've never had a problem yet and have had people to my home at times. i pretty much find that when you call a guy and can hear his wife and kids in the background that they tend to be pretty safe. if you don't get a good vibe when calling then yeah meet in a public place.
It could be a fine instrument or a bunch of really good parts bolted together into a real POS - only way way to find out ......
Quote by Ashe_Mc

lol, where are you from?

any rapist/murderer/robber with half a brain wouldn't post a traceable ad on craigslist to find his victims, nor would they give out their home address.

If the guy wanted to meet in a dark alley next to a KFC, i'd be skeptical.
Quote by stepchildusmc